ROM Hack [Spider] Animal Crossing: New Leaf RAM Editing Thread

froggestspirit

Aspiring Game Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, so I have 0 pwps atm and 0x49524 reads 0F (does this mean I have 16 buildings/pwps? Despite only creating the town yesterday) and also if I add a pwp into my town the 0x49524 value should read 1F, correct?

also sorry about being so forgetful, I completely forgot about asking this question a while back! ty for ur help as well :)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Also, assuming that 0F is the number of buildings/pwps i have in my town atm, because I also have Redd's tent in my town does his tent contribute towards the total number or is it stored separately, as I noticed that the last two building spots are reserved for random events/event stands

Yes, though many people hate when this happens to them so I'd only advise doing it if you do not plan on passing off somebody else's town as your own.
I believe redd's tent does not count towards the totaL. if you add 1 PWP or building, you would change 0f to 10. if you wanted to add, say 3, you would change the 0F to 12. Basically, as long as it shows up in marc_max's editor, it should work...

Duo8

Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
Is there, like, an index of island acre values or something? Trying to edit my island but it's kinda hard doing blind.

Last edited by Duo8,

ayyllmao

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
upload_2015-6-26_20-5-0.png

Can someone explain to me what's wrong with this map? Every time I load it up it just crashes. (It seems like everything I do now makes it crash). I have a feeling it has to do with the left side which was originally a cliff, which I changed into an ocean, but I'm not quite sure.

Jarrad

Trophies
XP
Country
I think I found the problem. It seems having a river system with no waterfall causes the game to crash.
That's right. The only solution to having this map you made to actually work would be to remove all of the rivers completely.

Also a bummer how you can't have two red train-track bridges in your town.

Does anybody know whether you can inject event buildings, save your town in the dream suite and then have that event building permanently in your dream, or will it disappear?

Jinglefruit

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
View attachment 20798
Can someone explain to me what's wrong with this map? Every time I load it up it just crashes. (It seems like everything I do now makes it crash). I have a feeling it has to do with the left side which was originally a cliff, which I changed into an ocean, but I'm not quite sure.
That's right. The only solution to having this map you made to actually work would be to remove all of the rivers completely.

Also a bummer how you can't have two red train-track bridges in your town.

Does anybody know whether you can inject event buildings, save your town in the dream suite and then have that event building permanently in your dream, or will it disappear?

tumblr_nnoe1wIv2R1sojdvio1_250.jpg

I made this a while ago and it injected fine. The side that was originally a cliff I just left as a hovering cliff and it was fine. But when I tried a version of this with 4 waterfalls to the ocean it crashed.

You can get rid of the side cliff though with hex editting, but I don't know what would happen if you did. - It'd probably let you swim forever to the side ~ same effect as walking across the top of the cliff, or through the tunnel on the tracks.

I believe you can have 2 train track bridges in your town. I've got a town with a tunnel at either side of my town and boxed in the town with cliffs. Again though you'll need hex editting to change it, but if you change offsets 4DA04-4DA12 to A6 00 A2 00 9D 00 9E 00 9D 00 A0 00 A6 00, that should make the top of town match the land. I cba to inject it and check with my town right now though.

And the buildings are only the doors apprently, the rest of the building doesn't go with it. Also I think(/Know!) it can cause some pretty severe issues.

froggestspirit

Aspiring Game Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just incase anyone missed, my editor auto-generates borders now. It also shows the direction water flows (which may have 1 or two wrong tiles). It seems that a crash can be possible if water doesnt flow correctly, but I'm not 100% sure

Reactions: Jinglefruit

Duo8

Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
I tried injecting a whole town, but all the hybrids disappeared. Does it have anything to do with the watered flag?

Also, is it possible to remove villager houses? I already removed them with the editor but their houses remain.

ayyllmao

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
tumblr_nnoe1wIv2R1sojdvio1_250.jpg

I made this a while ago and it injected fine. The side that was originally a cliff I just left as a hovering cliff and it was fine. But when I tried a version of this with 4 waterfalls to the ocean it crashed.

You can get rid of the side cliff though with hex editting, but I don't know what would happen if you did. - It'd probably let you swim forever to the side ~ same effect as walking across the top of the cliff, or through the tunnel on the tracks.

I believe you can have 2 train track bridges in your town. I've got a town with a tunnel at either side of my town and boxed in the town with cliffs. Again though you'll need hex editting to change it, but if you change offsets 4DA04-4DA12 to A6 00 A2 00 9D 00 9E 00 9D 00 A0 00 A6 00, that should make the top of town match the land. I cba to inject it and check with my town right now though.

And the buildings are only the doors apprently, the rest of the building doesn't go with it. Also I think(/Know!) it can cause some pretty severe issues.
How'd you manage to get 4 bridges? I thought the max was 3 and if you went over that, it crashes?

Jarrad

Trophies
XP
Country
just incase anyone missed, my editor auto-generates borders now. It also shows the direction water flows (which may have 1 or two wrong tiles). It seems that a crash can be possible if water doesnt flow correctly, but I'm not 100% sure
I noticed that some of the water flow acres are in correct, though it doesn't crash your town if they are.

I wonder if there's a way to change the weather with the hex editor...?
I know tht each individual save has specific days where it will always be rainy, whereas other people may have different rainy days

so I think it's save to assume that the weather is in fact stored somewhere in the ram, which could also mean that it might be possible to make your town rainy every day forever

ayyllmao

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I noticed that some of the water flow acres are in correct, though it doesn't crash your town if they are.

I know tht each individual save has specific days where it will always be rainy, whereas other people may have different rainy days

so I think it's save to assume that the weather is in fact stored somewhere in the ram, which could also mean that it might be possible to make your town rainy every day forever
Oh, sweet! I guess it's just a matter of finding 'em, huh?

Duo8

Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
How exactly do you find it? Like, how have we managed to find where the data is held to change certain things?
Try this: When it's raining, make a dump. Don't do anything then when it stops, make another dump. Diff the dumps, filter out unknown changes then try to change them.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    PandaPandel @ PandaPandel: im playing fortnite rn and just got rsn over by a car