XP
Country
Canada
Reactions: sumail4013

Jarrad

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm not sure what screenshots you'd like? In-game or the hex-editor?

I used the RAM editor (https://gbatemp.net/threads/spider-animal-crossing-new-leaf-ram-editor.382965/) to dump the acnlram.bin then opened it with HxD and made changes. I then used the RAM editor to inject it.
Noo, I know, I edit my own ram through HxD lol.
I got sort of confused, I thought you had used a gateway or sky3ds to import your game's rom and then made some edits to that.

Screenshots of your town, I don't think anybody's gotten completely rid of their side beach before
(if I C+P those hex values it should work for me, right?)

Goshi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All the QR codes do is provide a scanable URL for your browser to follow. Even if your camera is broken, you still should be able to visit the corresponding URL to apply the hacks, you'd just have to enter it manually like you do when you dump/inject rams
That hasn't worked. Even after I've made sure ten times(counted) that I didn't screw it up. I've cleaned browser history and cookies, but all I've gotten is the green screen, program closing, and then nothing happens. I've got the files moved to my SD card base and everything, too. And my system version is the right one as I also use the RAM editor.

Jarrad

Trophies
XP
Country
That hasn't worked. Even after I've made sure ten times(counted) that I didn't screw it up. I've cleaned browser history and cookies, but all I've gotten is the green screen, program closing, and then nothing happens. I've got the files moved to my SD card base and everything, too. And my system version is the right one as I also use the RAM editor.
I thought you didn't have to put files onto your SD card anymore w/ the spidercodes?

Delphin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Noo, I know, I edit my own ram through HxD lol.
I got sort of confused, I thought you had used a gateway or sky3ds to import your game's rom and then made some edits to that.

Screenshots of your town, I don't think anybody's gotten completely rid of their side beach before
(if I C+P those hex values it should work for me, right?)
To be honest, I don't even know what gateway or sky3ds is, haha. I just started hacking ACNL earlier this week because I acquired a non-updated 3DS.

I can load up my town and take pics if you'd like. And yeah, I think copy-paste the values would make it work.

If someone wants to try using the ocean values to create a town with beaches on both sides, that could be useful too. I haven't tested it out, but if it's possible to have walls on both sides, it should be possible to have beach on both sides.

Jarrad

Trophies
XP
Country
To be honest, I don't even know what gateway or sky3ds is, haha. I just started hacking ACNL earlier this week because I acquired a non-updated 3DS.

I can load up my town and take pics if you'd like. And yeah, I think copy-paste the values would make it work.

If someone wants to try using the ocean values to create a town with beaches on both sides, that could be useful too. I haven't tested it out, but if it's possible to have walls on both sides, it should be possible to have beach on both sides.

Odd, I thought the entire reason why your game crashes if you try to change your side beaches/cliff acres was because your town has to have a tunnel & red bridge in/out of your town?

Jarrad

Trophies
XP
Country
Just gave it a try, only I added a river + waterfall going into the sea and it didn't crash, so for anybody that wished to add their own river to their "double-cliff sided" town then you can! :P

Reactions: Delphin

Delphin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ok, so I decided to make a diagram to try and outline the hex offset and values for the acres. The middle, light green squares are editable through the map editor. The border is colour-coded with a legend below to show the different hex values. Hopefully this is helpful for anyone trying to edit the border around the town.

Please let me know if you spot any typos or mistakes.

asHiQgI.jpg

Retr0Capez

Gone and forgotten
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, so I decided to make a diagram to try and outline the hex offset and values for the acres. The middle, light green squares are editable through the map editor. The border is colour-coded with a legend below to show the different hex values. Hopefully this is helpful for anyone trying to edit the border around the town.

Please let me know if you spot any typos or mistakes.

asHiQgI.jpg
Awesome, but the key is kinda confusing. In the hex I see no a7 where ocean is.

Delphin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Awesome, but the key is kinda confusing. In the hex I see no a7 where ocean is.
Thanks for the feedback. I probably shouldn't have picked green twice. Haha, oops. I might go fix the colours when I get the chance.

Also, just as an update to previous attempts made to create a town with a surrounding beach. I made these edits:

vczJBeU.png

And the the game loaded just fine, even after save-quit. The main problem is a glitch with the graphics on the "non-native" beach side (a dark rectangle occluding distant objects).
https://imgur.com/a/YWLrm

After taking a closer look at the map, the problem is likely related to the area above the train-station. Despite the fact that I placed 2 bridges, the map still shows solid ground on the right-hand side (the museum, I guess).
YBMzEBt.jpg

Jarrad

Trophies
XP
Country
I wonder if there's anything else from the tortimer island which we can bring over to our towns.

I have a question, you know on the island tour where you have to back that acorn machine thing with the hammers, do you know whether the map for that is cliffs all around with no beach at all?

Retr0Capez

Gone and forgotten
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the feedback. I probably shouldn't have picked green twice. Haha, oops. I might go fix the colours when I get the chance.

Also, just as an update to previous attempts made to create a town with a surrounding beach. I made these edits:

vczJBeU.png

And the the game loaded just fine, even after save-quit. The main problem is a glitch with the graphics on the "non-native" beach side (a dark rectangle occluding distant objects).
https://imgur.com/a/YWLrm

After taking a closer look at the map, the problem is likely related to the area above the train-station. Despite the fact that I placed 2 bridges, the map still shows solid ground on the right-hand side (the museum, I guess).
YBMzEBt.jpg
Cewl town bruh. Any dreamcode?

Why there is no bridge and is weird on the right is because somewhere in the hex (IDK where) is telling the game that the max number of bridges is ONE bridge. might be able to put a tunnel there tho.

Delphin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Cewl town bruh. Any dreamcode?
Thanks. I don't have a dream address at the moment because I'm just playing around with different layouts, the town is quite barren. Empty houses, no PWPs and hardly any trees or flowers, so that it's easier to move buildings.

Why there is no bridge and is weird on the right is because somewhere in the hex (IDK where) is telling the game that the max number of bridges is ONE bridge. might be able to put a tunnel there tho.
I'll try the tunnel, but I'm thinking that the 3d object for the tunnel won't extend all the way to the beach-level (because it isn't meant to).

Retr0Capez

Gone and forgotten
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks. I don't have a dream address at the moment because I'm just playing around with different layouts, the town is quite barren. Empty houses, no PWPs and hardly any trees or flowers, so that it's easier to move buildings.

I'll try the tunnel, but I'm thinking that the 3d object for the tunnel won't extend all the way to the beach-level (because it isn't meant to).
True, but the layout will. If you glitch onto the train tracks and go into the tunnel, it seems as your character goes on forever.

Roxerism

Trophies
XP
Country
Goshi, if you use HxD you can use that to find it.
For example
4C is the modern police station
and let's say it's on coordinates 50,50
we turn 50 into hexadecimal, which is 32.
SO we get 4C 00 32 32
you can change it to whatever you have to if you want to find something else.
Find what you get and set your Find thing to Hex and search for it :)
Don't know the coordinates? In one of the AC:NL ram editing posts they include a picture of a town layout showing how coordinates work
Good Luck

Goshi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Goshi, if you use HxD you can use that to find it.
For example
4C is the modern police station
and let's say it's on coordinates 50,50
we turn 50 into hexadecimal, which is 32.
SO we get 4C 00 32 32
you can change it to whatever you have to if you want to find something else.
Find what you get and set your Find thing to Hex and search for it :)
Don't know the coordinates? In one of the AC:NL ram editing posts they include a picture of a town layout showing how coordinates work
Good Luck
Thank you very much.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://overclock3d.net/news/cases_cooling/cooler-master-had-multi-coloured-ai-cryofuze-5-thermal... +1