ROM Hack [Spider] Animal Crossing: New Leaf RAM Editing Thread

ToonRudy

Trophies
XP
Country
Does anyone knows the offsets and values for the island map?
Enjoy it :)
QsmfM3C.png

Reactions: Cey and Leafreo

EmblemCrossing

That Towel!Niles Cosplayer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, do we know the location of furniture yet in the ram? Unfortunately as I loaded a backup, I messed up and my house went down in size, resulting in some "interesting" placement at first.

tumblr_nmtxpeymLe1sz8tczo2_400.jpg

From there I tried to expand my house, which at first worked, but unfortunately, now there are patches in which i cannot place anything in my room. So what do you think, is there anyway to get this room back to normal, either by erasing the data in the ram or something? Or am I going to be stuck with a supernatural/broken room forever? :(

Jwiz33

Banned
Trophies
in the illuminati headquar—I have said too much!
Website
iwillcleanyourbasement.webstarts.com
XP
Country
United States
So, do we know the location of furniture yet in the ram? Unfortunately as I loaded a backup, I messed up and my house went down in size, resulting in some "interesting" placement at first.

From there I tried to expand my house, which at first worked, but unfortunately, now there are patches in which i cannot place anything in my room. So what do you think, is there anyway to get this room back to normal, either by erasing the data in the ram or something? Or am I going to be stuck with a supernatural/broken room forever? :(
that happened to me too, then i updated D:

Sopheroo

Actually Homestuck
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

You can edit it using the mori.bin file.

But, can't you just expand your room to maximum? Wouldn't that fix it?

EmblemCrossing

That Towel!Niles Cosplayer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can edit it using the mori.bin file.

But, can't you just expand your room to maximum? Wouldn't that fix it?

I tried that, it still is glitched out. I can take all the furniture down, but I still get these "dead zones" where I can't put anything down.

ayyllmao

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Does anybody know whether it's possible to use these acre values in your town or would it just crash?

would be pretty cool to be able to reduce the size of our towns
It is! I imported some island acres into my town and created three islands: One big one and two smaller ones. I'm surprised it didn't crash.
As for the crashing, I'm not sure. It crashed before when I did it but it doesn't now.

Jarrad

Trophies
XP
Country
It is! I imported some island acres into my town and created three islands: One big one and two smaller ones. I'm surprised it didn't crash.
As for the crashing, I'm not sure. It crashed before when I did it but it doesn't now.
I just did it and I think it's crashing because I put a villager's house on the island

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Someone's deleted all of the most recent information of the findings list (thank god we have a backup)

ayyllmao

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I just did it and I think it's crashing because I put a villager's house on the island

Someone's deleted all of the most recent information of the findings list (thank god we have a backup)
Hmm... I put a few villagers on islands and it doesn't crash for me, but it does crash when it goes to the next day.

froggestspirit

Aspiring Game Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Strange.

Btw, totally unrelated, do you know where the post is about placing PWPs through hxd?
0x49524 is the amount of PWP/ buildings you have, 0x49528 is the start of the list. Your best bet is to add however many PWP you want to the total number, and add the indexes for them at the bottom of the list, overwiting an "F8 00 00 00" with the F8 being the PWP index. then it should show up in the editor, and you can place it accordingly.

Reactions: Jarrad

Jarrad

Trophies
XP
Country
For some unknown reason the map editor isn't working for me, so does anybody know the byte and values of all of the acres? So like the river layouts, ponds, tiles, beaches etc. I'm not sure if someone's found them out yet (though I assume they have otherwise how else would the mapeditor have been made).

If anybody knows then please tell! I think someone started to document the hex bytes on the findings list but hasn't gotten round to finishing it..

Samurott

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This has probably been answered before, but are you able to dump a dream town's data and inject it in your own town?

Edit: Found it.

Last edited by Samurott,

Jarrad

Trophies
XP
Country
0x49524 is the amount of PWP/ buildings you have, 0x49528 is the start of the list. Your best bet is to add however many PWP you want to the total number, and add the indexes for them at the bottom of the list, overwiting an "F8 00 00 00" with the F8 being the PWP index. then it should show up in the editor, and you can place it accordingly.
Okay, so I have 0 pwps atm and 0x49524 reads 0F (does this mean I have 16 buildings/pwps? Despite only creating the town yesterday) and also if I add a pwp into my town the 0x49524 value should read 1F, correct?

also sorry about being so forgetful, I completely forgot about asking this question a while back! ty for ur help as well :)

Also, assuming that 0F is the number of buildings/pwps i have in my town atm, because I also have Redd's tent in my town does his tent contribute towards the total number or is it stored separately, as I noticed that the last two building spots are reserved for random events/event stands

This has probably been answered before, but are you able to dump a dream town's data and inject it in your own town?

Edit: Found it.
Yes, though many people hate when this happens to them so I'd only advise doing it if you do not plan on passing off somebody else's town as your own.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @PandaPandel, irl or in the game?