ROM Hack [Spider] Animal Crossing: New Leaf RAM Editing Thread

Kippy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Since the coordinates on the map themselves aren't labeled, you're going to want to do a bit of guesswork. The best thing to do is locate the building or PWP NEAREST where you want to move the plaza, check those coordinates, and then count the squares away (both x and y axis) where you want to put the plaza. It seems hard at first until you visualize it in your head correctly.

The axis works like this:
hH8n7Qz.png

So once you know that you can generally make a good guess where things are going to go, and fine-tune it from there. It's easier to count away from a PWP or building that's close by like I said earlier, but you can also make a pretty good guess with the above chart if you play around a bit and see how things move, if you don't have a point to go from.

The tree itself is on the building list under "town plaza", item number 12 for me.

Ok, thanks!

MasterLel

Cooonfusion of da highest orda
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
France
Game saved and quit because the card thought it was a new day. The game didn't crash
I though it was a "real" island lol. The game wont crash if you connect rivers like that. And by the way, where goes the end of the waterfall river, it ends in the wall ? Or you put another waterfall ?

Sopheroo

Actually Homestuck
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
How did you figure out the hex codes on the list? I see it goes up from 00 to 09 but then it goes to 1a...and the list has 03 as a mailbox but you then say 03 is a fence...I'm really confused as to how the listing goes

Unlike other modifiers, like the villager modifier, it relies on the samples in Tom Nook's store to identify which color/pattern it is.

So, you can see on the list that 00 is the red mailbox, 01 is another mailbox and so on. The list goes on until 15, which is the sweets mailbox. After this, I think you have doors? Well, the default door is 00 for door, the second door is 01, the third door is 02 and so on.

You could have 01 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 which would give you a smallest size mansion with an arched basic door, the brick exterior, a red roof, red mailbox, rope fence and some pavement. The only value that cannot be 00 is the size of the house. Pretty sure it would cause crashes.

Reactions: Cey

Cey

full of bees
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Forum was loading super slow (or not at all for me earlier) and I also passed out so just now getting around to doing more testing.

Things I'm trying currently (in no particular order):

- Multiple event plazas
- Various islands on town map
- Changing town grass designation (circle, triangle, square)
- Changing town hall and train station colors
- Located villager catchphrase data (while looking for other things, hurray)

I'd really like to find which offsets contain the grass shapes and the town hall and train station colors, because if I do that would just make my life so much easier. So much easier.

What was the trick for finding the villager modifiers? I'd love to know how those were figured out. I've forgotten who posted about them originally, I apologize. Nevermind, I managed to figure this one out on my own!

Cey

full of bees
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, it's easy to tell where the mayor's / other player's QR codes are stored? (I think it's everything from 00000000 - 000054A7, I wanna say?), although I'm not sure what use that has... other than maybe making use of the game's database of default patterns and switching them out.

Also found where the Able Sisters' 8 displayed patterns are stored, and also what I assume to be the pattern storage you can use with Mabel to store / save patterns, but again, not sure what use. (Not useful to me, anyway, except in eliminating what I'm NOT looking for.)

Cey

full of bees
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Villager Catchphrase Blocks

For changing your villagers' catchphrases at will. Each catchphrase can be ten characters long.

Each of these strings notates the offsets for the entire ten character spaces for each villager.

Villager 1: 0x2A136 - 0x2A148
Villager 2: 0x2C62E - 0x2C640
Villager 3: 0x2EB26 - 0x2EB38
Villager 4: 0x3101E - 0x31032
Villager 5: 0x33516 - 0x33528
Villager 6: 0x35A0E - 0x35A20
Villager 7: 00037xxx - xxxxxxxx
Villager 8: 00039xxx - xxxxxxxx

Don't forget nulls 00 between each letter when changing the phrases.

Cey

full of bees
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, had zero luck finding what I wanted, only had luck eliminating sections I wasn't looking for.

Went back to messing with the map editor. For multiple waterfalls: you can inject a file with multiple waterfalls, but after you inject, enter / exit your house, you won't find multiple waterfalls. The minimap DOES change as if there are multiple waterfalls, reflecting the changes you made in the map editor, and you can walk around the town, but the town will still be the old layout it was before you changed it and added multiple waterfalls (so the cliff you changed to a waterfall will still be a cliff, but it will show up as a waterfall on the minimap). The original waterfall shows as normal. HOWEVER, if you save and quit, and try to reload your game, it crashes, and forces your 3DS to restart, and you won't be able to re-load the game again without restoring a backup. It doesn't matter if both waterfalls are on the same side of the town or not. So, it seems multiple waterfalls are a game-breaking no-no.

While adding more than one waterfall breaks things, you can relocate a single waterfall without issue. The waterfall can be moved along the same side (ie, if you have a left waterfall, you can move it up and down on the left side).

Currently testing Switching the sides of the waterfall / getting rid of the sidebeach: doesn't work. Well, it works as in it doesn't break the game, but it doesn't work graphically. I've included pics to demonstrate.

I moved a waterfall from the right side (where it should be) to the left, trying to eliminate the sidebeach and force another cliff-side. The game isn't really equipped to handle this (it's basically setup to ALWAYS expect a beach on one side, a cliff on the opposite side), as you'll see:

PdfmdGw.gif

new map configuration (the old spot of the waterfall is where that lowermost righthand lake is)

RoFWRkF.jpg

(where the beach used to be)

AogAuM8.jpg

(new place of the waterfall, you can see the train tracks)

teZgo65.jpg

(old position of the waterfall, as you see the "top half" of the waterfall remains, while the river it poured into, "bottom half" is across the map where I moved the waterfall tile to)

sMT2LrO.jpg

fun for screenshots, at least.

You can still save and quit and re-load the game without it crashing and continue to run around without issue with things setup like this, but obviously they are not very pleasing to the eye.

On an unrelated note, planting trees directly beside the river (and in the river) is possible with the RAM editor. Planting them in these areas in-game would cause them to wilt, but you can place fully grown trees where planted trees would otherwise wilt (such as right next to buildings) with the editor. They won't die.

asukachan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
could anyone help me with editing my mayors eyes?
i would like to change my eyes to the #6 female eyes in the photo below. to do this, would i change the 09 on 0x26 to 07? i'm pretty ignorant on hex editing but my mayors eyes were the reason i almost reset several times haha so, i'd like to fix it ^^
KoGewtO.jpg

Cey

full of bees
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
2015 yep, so I don't have to change the year of my game
Region must be US because earth day is US only

I can do that. I'll PM it to you.

For the record, I have three physical cartridges (because I don't have a problem or anything) so if any of the developers / hexers need me to send them RAM dumps, I'll be happy to. Shoot me a PM with what you need.

JJarmon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is anyone else having problems with their river flowing the opposite direction with the acre editor? Although I've saved a few times, it never fixed itself and was wondering if someone knew how to fix that or not. Thanks.

Skorrupi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Is anyone else having problems with their river flowing the opposite direction with the acre editor? Although I've saved a few times, it never fixed itself and was wondering if someone knew how to fix that or not. Thanks.
I believe it's the same with City Folk so the water flows in that direction because that's how it's set in the acre. You'll have to use a different acre for it to flow the other way.

Kippy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Unlike other modifiers, like the villager modifier, it relies on the samples in Tom Nook's store to identify which color/pattern it is.

So, you can see on the list that 00 is the red mailbox, 01 is another mailbox and so on. The list goes on until 15, which is the sweets mailbox. After this, I think you have doors? Well, the default door is 00 for door, the second door is 01, the third door is 02 and so on.

You could have 01 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 which would give you a smallest size mansion with an arched basic door, the brick exterior, a red roof, red mailbox, rope fence and some pavement. The only value that cannot be 00 is the size of the house. Pretty sure it would cause crashes.

cool, thanks

Kippy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I though it was a "real" island lol. The game wont crash if you connect rivers like that. And by the way, where goes the end of the waterfall river, it ends in the wall ? Or you put another waterfall ?

It ends in the wall, I think the top part has a waterfall, the bottom is just the water, the cliff, and some weird void area.

asukachan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey guys, i figured out how to change a female characters eyes in the hex code. the eyes are edited in line 0x26 regardless of your characters gender. i made this chart to show which number represent which eye type, since they're different than the male character eye values :D hopefully this helps!

DRCME1j.png

Kippy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey guys, i figured out how to change a female characters eyes in the hex code. you'll need to change the 0x27 (instead of 0x26 with the male characters). i made this chart to show which number represent which eye type, since they're different than the male character eye values :D hopefully this helps!

DRCME1j.png

Oh this is great! I think before we had only the male faces. ALSO I hear faces are gender specific

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-