OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hey. I'm thinking about purchasing my first DS cart (I'm not quite that new in the scene though...) I've considered the EZ4-Compact because of its price and since I already have a Flash2Advance Ultra, I do not need the GBA compatibility. I was wondering, should I pay a little bit extra for a Ultra II MicroSD card, or just a standard SanDisk microSD? I've read around about the access time being better in the Ultra II, but I was wondering if it really does make much of a difference on the EZ4 (I saw some results about the Supercard) Can someone provide me some info or share their personal experience? Thanks.

yee

Trophies
Website
revscene.net
XP
Country
Canada
No speed difference between Deluxe and Compact, and no.

I remember reading the EZ4 is the bottleneck, so a faster MicroSD won't do much, but I'm not sure if it has changed in the few weeks.

Heinrisch

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
From what I have heard, the latest update removed most of the bottle neck and I think there is a bigger difference between microSD cards now. However, its not worth paying more for that difference according to me.

vilator

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have a kind of an add on question. Does a faster sd card really have a noticeable difference other than the castlevania demo? Like will movies paly faster in moonshell? Will games load faster?

skywarp

Trophies
XP
Country
Trinidad and Tobago
To be honest I would avoid Sandisk, they just charge way to much for the speed of their memory. Their stuff labeled "Ultra mark 3 hyper mega super lightspeed bullshit" will be the same speed as standard memory by most competing brands, except cost some obscene price. Meanwhile, Sandisks "standard" flash memory is usually incredibly slow. I have a cheap kingston 1GB microsd card, and no lag or slowdown in anything I've played so far.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/fRENPoVaZHk?si=0xgCyaSVzuc5GD5F