Hacking (Speculation) Flashcart Pokemon and the new Pokemon Bank?

Wolvenreign

Transhuman Satanist Furry Technocrat
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So do you guys think it'll be impossible to put flashcarted Pokemon into the Pokemon Bank they're launching this December?

My personal guess is yes, and I'll elaborate on it in the morning.

What about you all?

yusuo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So do you guys think it'll be impossible to put flashcarted Pokemon into the Pokemon Bank they're launching this December?

My personal guess is yes, and I'll elaborate on it in the morning.

What about you all?

So basically I wanna make a post and it will have absolutely no substance. Why not make the post in the morning when you can make a bit of a point

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Yes you can if you move them to a legit game first. They're indistinguishable from legit card Pokemon as the game is the exact same.

Judas18

Queen Kunty
Trophies
XP
Country
I think it will be possible. As long as the Pokemon isn't "illegal", a normally caught or traded whatever Pokemon should be possible. At least I hope so I have a lot of Pokemon in my Soul Silver rom I want to transfer, I figured trading to my legit Platinum then sending it to my legit Black 2 should work out fine.

gamefan5

Kid Icarus Uprising connoiseur
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
As a former pokegen user who still has the knowledge of how to create a perfectly legit pokemon and all the barriers of what makes it legal, it will definitely be possible to transfer in it.
The only reason it would not work is if they've changed a few security checks.
And even that will be hard to do because of the fact that when j create a pokemon from it, u can assign where it is caught, events, and everything that would otherwise make the pokemon illegal if left untouched.

Reactions: Deleted User

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
As a former pokegen user who still has the knowledge of how to create a perfectly legit pokemon and all the barriers of what makes it legal, it will definitely be possible to transfer in it.
The only reason it would not work is if they've changed a few security checks.
And even that will be hard to do because of the fact that when j create a pokemon from it, u can assign where it is caught, events, and everything that would otherwise make the pokemon illegal if left untouched.

how can they check a bunch of bits\bytes? if you use pokegen like you should, and trade it to a legit cartridge (you will not be able to transfer directly from a flash cart to pokebank) there is no way of telling that bytes\bits are legit...

pokemons are like a piece of "text"... there is no way they can find the pokegen ones... except if you mess with the stats\abilities\where you found it\etc

i just hope they don't ban the legit pokemons with to much "security"

and one of the things they can do is, you can't save traded pokemon on pokebank, in this case you will have more work to make a pokemon look like it was catched on the pokemon cartridge

kyogre123

Mexican Pride
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I'm actually starting to think that they are taking their time to make sure their system won't allow access to games booted from any Flashcard. About altered mons, they will be safe if transferred to a retail cartridge and if they pass the Pokecheck test or at least you know they are OK.

gamefan5

Kid Icarus Uprising connoiseur
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
how can they check a bunch of bits\bytes? if you use pokegen like you should, and trade it to a legit cartridge (you will not be able to transfer directly from a flash cart to pokebank) there is no way of telling that bytes\bits are legit...

pokemons are like a piece of "text"... there is no way they can find the pokegen ones... except if you mess with the stats\abilities\where you found it\etc

i just hope they don't ban the legit pokemons with to much "security"

and one of the things they can do is, you can't save traded pokemon on pokebank, in this case you will have more work to make a pokemon look like it was catched on the pokemon cartridge
Before you reply, could u actually bother to read my post?
Seriously, the reply you just made wasn't even necessary.

Chaos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Its 2 apps or maybe 1 app with 2 options no one is totally sure yet.

Anyway what we do know is:
Download PokeBank / Poke Transfer.
Place Pokemon White/Black into DS
Load POkeBank/PokeTransfer.
Copy Pokemon to PokeBank via PokeTransfer/PokeBank.
Take out Pokemon Black/White
Insert Pokemon Y / X
Load PokeBank/PokeTransfer
Copy Pokemon to Pokemon X & Y
Close PokeBank/PokeTransfer.
Enjoy.

Like i said know one knows if the apps will be 2 separate or if it will be just the 1 app that can send and receive. You would have to be online ofc during transfers from and to. A Flash card wont work as you dont transfer in game but instead via the app and the app will be looking for a retail game with retail game label of the correct size and shiz (or if downloaded for that) I can't see it working on any none retail card. Perhaps if the flashcard was a clone of white/black exact clone no loader or anything.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Julie_Pilgrim @ Julie_Pilgrim:
    the internet
  • Julie_Pilgrim @ Julie_Pilgrim:
    @Psionic Roshambo i have 16 gb in my pc and i run into issues with ram more than i'd like to admit
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    I got only 8GB of RAM. But I want 32GB.
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Time to just download more ram
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah search Google
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Or, I also heard that if you use flash memory, it can act as more "RAM" at least windows tell me when I stick a flash drive into it.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It can act as a swap drive but that isn't more RAM, it's slooow.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I wish we could have 1Gbps external storage by now
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Like for micro
  • Veho @ Veho:
    New Myoo.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, Yooo noice
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Looks like a Famicom handheld
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah, they were going for that.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not very good though.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I'm watching the review, the emulators it uses suck bawls.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Software update might improve it.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Or maybe someone will make like Emulation Station for it or something?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    That counts as a software update :tpi:
  • OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20:
    Ello
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I can think of the design teams process another joystick and no audio or a joystick and mono audio
  • Veho @ Veho:
    "You think we can just put the speakers at the top
    ?" "NO!"
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Pft stereo speakers you're fired
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Pft stereo speakers you're fired