Hacking SPECULATION: A strategy to load games off USB! (No loader)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RemixDeluxe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Online will work with this method, along with likely DLC (if you pay for the DLC, that is)
Is that because it can't be figured out at this time or because the devs are against piracy?

What about game saving. Can it save to the Wii U?

_Pro_Man_

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is that because it can't be figured out at this time or because the devs are against piracy?

95% sure that save data comes from the Wii U. Not sure if a disc/eShop game can use a save interchangeably.

D

Deleted User

We barely know anything about it, from the looks of things it installs/runs patched games off a harddrive as if you bought the game and installed it to the harddrive (so it'll probably save the same way a purchased game would). I'm sure with this method you could probably use SDCafiine for DLC in most titles. Again this is all speculation from what I've read so far, might be completely wrong and this might not even be real who knows.

Last edited by ,
Reactions: Gpaludeto

Gpaludeto

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Between having our OTP and now USB loading this has been a great month for the Wii U scene.

If you guys can get DLC and online working then you are golden.

P.S. do the games gamesave come from the Wii U or from the external HDD?
Online works as we have seen in previous videos.

wolf-snake

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I would have to guess that the DLC would need to be patched like the game itself. Updates on the other hand? well we can already download them from NUS and installing them with Wup installer.

GreatLollipetal

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My oh my... that means we will have to redownload our Loadiine Ready games now in .wud format? I don't even know where to download them ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

msaraiva

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So i guess nobody noticed (or didn't care about) the two Wii U in the picture attached a few pages ago...this thing looks fishy, because of this and many other reasons. It might be just another case of "HUE BR a zueira não tem fim" (something like "LOL the trolling has no limits").

jbuck1975

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm still thinking the games are in his sd card. Then somehow installs to wi u then saves to hard drive.

Kohmei

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The more I think about it, the more I think they have found some way to extract ticket information from actual legitimate eShop purchases. A legitimate ticket is the only thing keeping you from downloading a game with NUSgrabber and installing it with the non-whitelist wupinstaller. If you can manage that, you would have what the console considers a legitimate game, even if the eShop checks your account and realizes you haven't bought it

The WUD tickets don't work with NUS downloads (I tried this a long, long time ago), and they couldn't be used with WUD files because we can't recreate and sign install packages. So, a less likely possibility is that they found a way to do this

Honestly I think it would expedite the bug quashing process by releasing information on this now. More people working on this would speed things up greatly than just a few people, and I think everyone would understand the brick risk, which comes inherently with using wupinstaller at all.

Reactions: KiiWii

Gpaludeto

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
So i guess nobody noticed (or didn't care about) the two Wii U in the picture attached a few pages ago...this thing looks fishy, because of this and many other reasons. It might be just another case of "HUE BR a zueira não tem fim" (something like "LOL the trolling has no limits").
Probally it is, but I'm dumb enough to believe it because I really wanted something like this. :(

Corredor

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Which one?

Enviado de meu 6039J usando Tapatalk

RemixDeluxe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there anyway to recompile a game back to .wud at this time or are people forced to re-download the games they want to play?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://finance.yahoo.com/news/amazons-cloud-unit-pauses-orders-134219461.html?guccounter=1 mmm