South Park: The Stick of Truth censored for European release

CompassNorth

Denko (´・ω・`)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here's the censorship picture.
Spoiling it for the people who want to see it firsthand in-game.
pbI9mIT.jpg

Also is there a way to resize pictures on the forums? :V

Pedeadstrian

GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Which would you rather, the creators themselves coming up with creative ways to censor the game and still make it funny or blatant removal of specific parts/things in the game with very little effort done to replace it or cover it up?
I wasn't questioning their choice. I think it's great how they handle censorship. I'm just saying the censored scenes aren't as funny as the original ones, since you said that the new scenes would be "just as funny."

NakedFaerie

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Australia
I've played South Park and not sure how they will censor it as its a big part of the game.
I've played the uncensored version and cant see why they would censor an adult game with adult content? Thats just really stupid.
The anal probe is a weapon so will they completely remove that? Its a good 30 min mission and a weapon so the game will have to be cut up just to remove that 1 part.
And its part of the story so you need to keep it in. I'm guessing they blocked it out maybe? They cant remove it completely as it will just confuse people and the story would be missing parts.
And no you dont anal probe people, its like a big stick you just hit them with it.
And the game is full of swearing and adult humor so why remove that 1 thing? Why just pick on the anal probing?

So we are allowed to see blood guts in games but when it comes to aliens sticking things up our ass thats a no no? WTF?

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sucks to be Brits. also i hate how we have more religious people in USA they don't want anything cartoon or game named Satan for any game under M. i could give some examples but i don't want to.

Pedeadstrian

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sucks to be Brits. also i hate how we have more religious people in USA they don't want anything cartoon or game named Satan for any game under M. i could give some examples but i don't want to.
Satan is an Action game, published by Dinamic Software, which was released in 1989.
We need more Satan. Especially if he has Sweet Sixteens with cakes made by serial murderers and has affairs with Saddam Husein.

DJPlace

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ah hell i'll post two things i know.

the Puyo Puyo games and Dragon Ball Z.

DJPlace

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The "Satan" in DBZ has nothing to do with the Satan from religion. In fact, Satan (or Hercule) is actually a (quasi-)good guy.

that is true. that was a bad example right there. can't think of any other ones atm...

Pedeadstrian

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I started playing the game. If they were to remove every scene with anal probing, you'd lose a pretty awesome mission, plus... well, I won't spoil anything. The story could easily be adjusted, but who cares about the story? Fart jokes and anal probing are the important part.

NakedFaerie

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Australia
Here is a comparison video of what the have done to censor it. It looks like the South Park devs have given a big FU to the censors.

And WHY did they censor the male abortion video? Its not a real abortion as its a male, its just made up fake thing.
The censors are really stupid with this game. censoring fake things that even that they are cartoons they are still really fake and impossible in real life.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto