Hacking Official [Source Release] ReiNand CFW

AkaneMeruru

Trophies
XP
Country
Trying to install 3.2b on a N3DS w/ 9.5 EmuNAND, keep freezing on the splash screen. I'm pretty sure I've put everything in the right place, anyone know what could be going on?

AkaneMeruru

Trophies
XP
Country
Even firmware.bin?
I grabbed what I thought was the proper firmware.bin (the one that was edited 23h ago) from github and put it in the rei folder. Noticed some people were talking about getting it from a link in the readme, so maybe I was looking in the wrong place?

Rosselman

Spooky Skeleton
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
I grabbed what I thought was the proper firmware.bin (the one that was edited 23h ago) from github and put it in the rei folder. Noticed some people were talking about getting it from a link in the readme, so maybe I was looking in the wrong place?
You have to use the one that is on the readme.

Supster131

(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ *:・゚✧
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know Rosselman beat me to it :P but that firmware.bin you downloaded is if you downloaded all that updated code and compiled it. Quite nice that it comes included now.

frankhawk12

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure whats wrong with my Emunand, but I can't install CIA games from FBI It gives me Summary_Invalid_Argument. My NANDS are unlinked and Emunand is on 10.5. Also when I try to generate the themes data on sysnand it gives me an error, I'd like to install Menuhax.

PepUp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, I'm probably looking in the wrong place then because the only thing I can see linked in the readme is armips.exe. Is there a more recent readme I'm missing?

EDIT: Found the proper one, thanks for the help!
I can't find any link besides armips.exe. Where did you find the right link?

Aroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you look in the commit changelog you can see the pastebin link that was removed.

Yeah I saw that. Asking people to dig through the commit changelogs is a bit much though so I am working on an interim solution for people to use until Reisyukaku is ready to announce the new build.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

The MD5 sum of the firmware.bin file you need is 7512ABC6BDFDDB2FCF10732888FF81E5

A proper application of useful knowledge and a decent search engine should provide the data you seek.

Reactions: daxtsu

Supster131

(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ *:・゚✧
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Last edited by Supster131,
Reactions: peteruk and klear

klear

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Seems like Rei's enforcing to compile the code yourself o:

For those who can't be bothered (or don't know how) to compile the code, here's the latest code compiled: https://mega.nz/#!5NtTVDhC!wb7fQb320aHlGBBrMpZ7BgBCRWUtCQd9sO-f5zO3GZo
Even though the code already includes the firmware.bin file, I decided I wouldn't take the risk, so the zip I uploaded doesn't include the firmware.bin file.
You can download the firmware.bin file off Rei's GitHub.
I think it's Re(i)-Encrypted so that it can be distribuited
On the topic of firmware.bin, I'm wondering if its legal if i just CBC encrypt the firmware.bin with my own key and decrypt it during run time.. technically the random junk in the encrypted bin cant be 'copyright'

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: unless nintendo is going to start selling consoles at a loss that thing won't be cheap based on...