Hacking Official [Source Release] ReiNand CFW

ChaosRipple

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, but this only works if you compile or use Supster131's version.

Look at the code in lines 67 ~ 69 in the Reinand make file.
Code:
$(dir_out)/rei/: $(dir_data)/firmware.bin $(dir_data)/splash.bin $(dir_data)/RAM.txt
@mkdir -p "$(dir_out)/rei"
@cp -av $(dir_data)/* $@

It only copies the firmware.bin file from the ReiNand/data/ folder when you write "make" in cmd. You can even compile yourself and compare the hashes.

Aroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Look at the code in lines 67 ~ 69 in the Reinand make file.
Code:
$(dir_out)/rei/: $(dir_data)/firmware.bin $(dir_data)/splash.bin $(dir_data)/RAM.txt
@mkdir -p "$(dir_out)/rei"
@cp -av $(dir_data)/* $@

It only copies the firmware.bin file from the ReiNand/data/ folder when you write "make" in cmd. You can even compile yourself and compare the hashes.

Dude, the file in the source code is encrypted and will not work for the compiled builds on the releases tab of the github. Idk what the MD5 of the new encrypted file is but Reinand 3.1 and 3.2b both require a file with a MD5 sum of 7512ABC6BDFDDB2FCF10732888FF81E5/

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

The file in the /data/ folder on the github page has a MD5 of 725D9D8F94FE5E7BEA6998F92EDAFC81.

ChaosRipple

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dude, the file in the source code is encrypted and will not work for the compiled builds on the releases tab of the github. Idk what the MD5 of the new encrypted file is but Reinand 3.1 and 3.2b both require a file with a MD5 sum of 7512ABC6BDFDDB2FCF10732888FF81E5/

The file in the /data/ folder on the github page has a MD5 of 725D9D8F94FE5E7BEA6998F92EDAFC81.

You're right. The firmware.bin file is indeed encrypted. That is the sole reason why Reisyukaku put the firmware.bin file into the source. The source now decrypts the firmware.bin file during execution. Reinand 3.2b (the current build on releases tab) cannot use this new firmware.bin file because it is encrypted. The most recently pushed code has not been officially uploaded to the releases tab by Reisyukaku herself.

Aroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You're right. The firmware.bin file is indeed encrypted. That is the sole reason why Reisyukaku put the firmware.bin file into the source. The source now decrypts the firmware.bin file during execution. Reinand 3.2b (the current build on releases tab) cannot use this new firmware.bin file because it is encrypted. The most recently pushed code has not been officially uploaded to the releases tab by Reisyukaku herself.

The part I bolded was why people were asking where to get the firmware.bin file and why I posted the MD5 and the comment about google. At this time there is no quick/easy way to acquire the firmware.bin file needed for the latest official and/or beta RELEASES of Reinand from just the github.

The average user who does not mess around with compiling or coding would not be aware that they could look at the change for the readme.md file to find the link that was removed, and since Reisyukaku has not added a compiled version of 3.2b-2 to the releases tab, it is expected and understandable that people would get confused.

edit:

The link that I mentioned was removed (and that you responded to by saying that it was in the data folder of the source code) is what was needed to use 3.1 or 3.2b. The file in the source folders will NOT work for those. Which is why I commented and corrected you.

Last edited by Aroth,

Supster131

(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ *:・゚✧
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The part I bolded was why people were asking where to get the firmware.bin file and why I posted the MD5 and the comment about google. At this time there is no quick/easy way to acquire the firmware.bin file needed for the latest official and/or beta RELEASES of Reinand from just the github.

The average user who does not mess around with compiling or coding would not be aware that they could look at the change for the readme.md file to find the link that was removed, and since Reisyukaku has not added a compiled version of 3.2b-2 to the releases tab, it is expected and understandable that people would get confused.
Which is why I uploaded it myself: https://mega.nz/#!9UdngbBI!UIADAXe0Zn8HAX1mTTxWg3oisiYSYY8WzkD3k8QDy9o
Incase people want to use it, and since the firmware.bin file can apparently be included now, it'll make people's life way more easier. (No more issues when people forget to switch out there firmware.bin file for a newer one)

Reactions: klear and peteruk

ChaosRipple

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

So it appears we are talking different topics. Lol. I'm talking about the latest version of Reinand and you're talking about 3.1 and 3.2b.

Aroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Which is why I uploaded it myself: *snip*
Incase people want to use it, and since the firmware.bin file can apparently be included now, it'll make people's life way more easier. (No more issues when people forget to switch out there firmware.bin file for a newer one)

Yeah you cannot link that directly here. Btw the dropbox link reisyukaku had in the readme still works, and you can find it by googling the md5 i listed and the word pastebin.

Woops, you meant the new build. Tbh im not 100% sure it can be linked here, that's more a question for the mods and one that Reisyukaku should probably ask.

So it appears we are talking different topics. Lol. I'm talking about the latest version of Reinand and you're talking about 3.1 and 3.2b.

You replied to my post, which means you were talking about the same thing I was.

Last edited by Aroth,
Reactions: klear

Supster131

(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ *:・゚✧
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
See my edit.

Not 100% sure. Rei really needs to check with the mods, but I am PRETTY sure they wouldn't want it linked either way.
I'll leave it up for the time being (yeah, it's the latest code, which includes the firmware.bin with it), if it isn't allowed, I'll gladly remove it.

Aroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually, that was the other post. The post you quoted me on, I actually quoted klear. Lol.

0HXbh5j.png

Uh, no you quoted me lol.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BLdXfFsgvkE