Hacking Official [Source Release] ReiNand CFW

Aroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've yet to try a DS retail cart (lol) but my 3DS retail carts work normally.

Though, I had to go into NTR to use them, cause US carts and JPN emunand doesn't work XD

Hmmmm, ideally we need to know if retail DS carts work. Unfortunately I think you will run in to the same problem with out of region stuff.

Ok so lets try this, use 3DNUS to download and install the following title and install it to both emunand AND sysnand, then see if the carts work again.

0004800F484E4841 v0

This is the initial version of the DS Cart Whitelist. You will need to install it to both sysnand and emunand in order for things to work properly (not 100% sure its needed sysnand but it won't hurt and better to be thorough). If your emunand is on 9.7 or higher you will start to get update nags because the title is out of date, but for right now we are just testing to see if it fixes the problem so ignore them.

After installing it, test your ds flashcart to see if it works. Keep in mind that there are some flashcarts that will not work at all on a N3DS because they were blocked with updates to TWL_FIRM and we cannot easily mess with that on the N3DS.

Queno138

Ravens
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Hmmmm, ideally we need to know if retail DS carts work. Unfortunately I think you will run in to the same problem with out of region stuff.

Ok so lets try this, use 3DNUS to download and install the following title and install it to both emunand AND sysnand, then see if the carts work again.

0004800F484E4841 v0

This is the initial version of the DS Cart Whitelist. You will need to install it to both sysnand and emunand in order for things to work properly (not 100% sure its needed sysnand but it won't hurt and better to be thorough). If your emunand is on 9.7 or higher you will start to get update nags because the title is out of date, but for right now we are just testing to see if it fixes the problem so ignore them.

After installing it, test your ds flashcart to see if it works. Keep in mind that there are some flashcarts that will not work at all on a N3DS because they were blocked with updates to TWL_FIRM and we cannot easily mess with that on the N3DS.

I've actually already have bluecardtimewarp installed on my emunand, and my emunand and sysnand is unlinked.
I'm presently downloading some .cia files on my 3DS, once it's done, I'll try with a DS retail card.

Aroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've actually already have bluecardtimewarp installed on my emunand, and my emunand and sysnand is unlinked.
I'm presently downloading some .cia files on my 3DS, once it's done, I'll try with a DS retail card.

The thing is, depending on what was done to the whitelist you installed, it MAY have gotten overwritten when you updated to 9.7+.

The bluecardfix.cia file from GW will have this happen because it is essentially what I just told you to download and install (v0 of the whitelist). The true flashcardtimewarp.cia is a v0 of the whitelist that has been spoofed to a much higher version so that the system doesn't overwrite it with a potential update.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Also it is potentially possible that the whitelist got corrupted (or you had a bad file) and that is why flashcarts are not working.

Queno138

Ravens
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
The thing is, depending on what was done to the whitelist you installed, it MAY have gotten overwritten when you updated to 9.7+.

The bluecardfix.cia file from GW will have this happen because it is essentially what I just told you to download and install (v0 of the whitelist). The true flashcardtimewarp.cia is a v0 of the whitelist that has been spoofed to a much higher version so that the system doesn't overwrite it with a potential update.

Also it is potentially possible that the whitelist got corrupted (or you had a bad file) and that is why flashcarts are not working.

I've just confirmed that my Pokemon White 2 works on Reinand.
However, the flashcart hangs.

Aroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
in the mean time I'm gonna try to find FBI to delete that entry, and install the one you showed me.

Yeah, I just manually installed the v11264 (latest) DS Cart Whitelist to my emunand and the icon/banner for the bluecard still shows up. Trying to launch it gives me a few seconds of black followed by "An error has occurred. Press and hold the POWER button to turn the system off. Please refer to the Operations Manual for details."

If installing the file I listed works, you can tell 3DNUS to download the same file (0004800F484E4841 v0) but check the box for "Change version number(s) to:" and enter 11264 in the new box. The resulting file will have the same content as the v0 Whitelist (and allow your flashcart to work), while reporting to the system as the latest version and thus preventing the system from forcing you to update it.

Btw, make sure when you install the new version with FBI to set the destination to NAND. Tbh you might be better off installing TWL files like the whitelist with dev menu.

Queno138

Ravens
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Yeah, I just manually installed the v11264 (latest) DS Cart Whitelist to my emunand and the icon/banner for the bluecard still shows up. Trying to launch it gives me a few seconds of black followed by "An error has occurred. Press and hold the POWER button to turn the system off. Please refer to the Operations Manual for details."

If installing the file I listed works, you can tell 3DNUS to download the same file (0004800F484E4841 v0) but check the box for "Change version number(s) to:" and enter 11264 in the new box. The resulting file will have the same content as the v0 Whitelist (and allow your flashcart to work), while reporting to the system as the latest version and thus preventing the system from forcing you to update it.

Btw, make sure when you install the new version with FBI to set the destination to NAND. Tbh you might be better off installing TWL files like the whitelist with dev menu.

I usually use Big Blue Menu, but I think only FBI allows deleting.

Found the file, deleted it, and immediately installed the one from 3dNUS, with destination set to NAND.

Exited FBI, went to try loading the cart. It went to the error page again.

Aroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I usually use Big Blue Menu, but I think only FBI allows deleting.

Found the file, deleted it, and immediately installed the one from 3dNUS, with destination set to NAND.

Exited FBI, went to try loading the cart. It went to the error page again.

And the version was set to "0"?

Queno138

Ravens
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
And the version was set to "0"?

Yes, when I installed from 3DNUS, it was set to 0, without the "v"

Also, I noticed something interested.

When switching between Rxtools and reinand,
two of my installed apps disappeared and reappeared on rxtools.

(I assuming because when I repackaged these two, I didn't make them region free)

Aroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, when I installed from 3DNUS, it was set to 0, without the "v"

Also, I noticed something interested.

When switching between Rxtools and reinand,
two of my installed apps disappeared and reappeared on rxtools.

(I assuming because when I repackaged these two, I didn't make them region free)

Hmm probably. I assume your emunand is 9.5 or lower then?

Shouldn't have been possible to have overwritten then Whitelist in that case. Maybe your flashcart is dying.

Just out of curiosity, you DID install the downgraded whitelist to your sysnand at some point, right?

Queno138

Ravens
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Hmm probably. I assume your emunand is 9.5 or lower then?

Shouldn't have been possible to have overwritten then Whitelist in that case. Maybe your flashcart is dying.

Just out of curiousity, you DID install the downgraded whitelist to your sysnand at some point, right?

My emunand is on 9.1 I think.

Except the flashcart works on my 3DS XL. I just tested it, it runs, turn off XL,
bring it over to N3DS LL, shows the message.

Aroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My emunand is on 9.1 I think.

Except the flashcart works on my 3DS XL. I just tested it, it runs, turn off XL,
bring it over to N3DS LL, shows the message.

Yeah thats the only thing. It is acting like the system is blocking it. Your symptoms match what happens when I install the updated whitelist.

Gonna try updating the sysnand one and see what happens...

Queno138

Ravens
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Yeah thats the only thing. It is acting like the system is blocking it. Your symptoms match what happens when I install the updated whitelist.

Gonna try updating the sysnand one and see what happens...

I have to agree with you.

If the card was dying, it'll probably just load the card and hang at black screen, rather than give that prompt.

Aroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have to agree with you.

If the card was dying, it'll probably just load the card and hang at black screen, rather than give that prompt.

Ok.

v0 whitelist on emunand with v11264 whitelist on sysnand gets the error.
v11264 whitelist on emunand with v0 whitelist on sysnand gets the error as well.

Try loading into sysnand and launching the homebrew menu to load fbi.3dsx. Change the destination to nand and check the installed version of the 0004800F484E4841 title. You MAY need to load miniPasta to do this (or use gateway to access sysnand if you have it).

If the version is anything other than 0x0, install the file I had you download (the unspoofed v0 Whitelist). Then boot into emunand and try loading the flashcart.

Just checked and since you are only deleting and then installing a legitimately signed cia, you can use FBI without loading GW mode sysnand or minipasta or anything similar. Just load sysnand, then hbl, then fbi.

Queno138

Ravens
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Ok.

v0 whitelist on emunand with v11264 whitelist on sysnand gets the error.
v11264 whitelist on emunand with v0 whitelist on sysnand gets the error as well.

Try loading into sysnand and launching the homebrew menu to load fbi.3dsx. Change the destination to nand and check the installed version of the 0004800F484E4841 title. You MAY need to load miniPasta to do this (or use gateway to access sysnand if you have it).

If the version is anything other than 0x0, install the file I had you download (the unspoofed v0 Whitelist). Then boot into emunand and try loading the flashcart.

Just checked and since you are only deleting and then installing a legitimately signed cia, you can use FBI without loading GW mode sysnand or minipasta or anything similar. Just load sysnand, then hbl, then fbi.

so you're saying v0 on sysnand and v0 on emunand both for it work.

alright, I'll do that.

HBL doesn't patch permissions right?
FBI may be able to delete to files, but might not allow installing, right?

Aroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so you're saying v0 on sysnand and v0 on emunand both for it work.

alright, I'll do that.

HBL doesn't patch permissions right?
FBI may be able to delete to files, but might not allow installing, right?

Yep, sysnand's has to be downgraded as well since the system soft reboots into TWL_FIRM when you load a DS cart. The system checks the cart when it first loads it, so emunand's whitelist needs to be downgraded. It checks it again after loading twl_firm and before executing the code. At this point you have soft rebooted and are not longer in emunand so its checking against the sysnand whitelist. This is why both need to be downgraded.

For reference this is also why to play DSiWare games or GBA games you have to install them to both emunand AND sysnand, and why to play injected GBA games you have to install the patched agb_firm to both emunand and sysnand.

As for installing it, as long as you are only installing the officially signed v0 that you downloaded with 3DNUS, you won't need any patches. FBI loaded from the HBL on a clean sysnand will install signed cia titles with no issue.

Last edited by Aroth,
Reactions: Queno138

Queno138

Ravens
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Yep, sysnand's has to be downgraded as well since the system soft reboots into TWL_FIRM when you load a DS cart. The system checks the cart when it first loads it, so emunand's whitelist needs to be downgraded. It checks it again after loading twl_firm and before executing the code. At this point you have soft rebooted and are not longer in emunand so its checking against the sysnand whitelist. This is why both need to be downgraded.

For reference this is also why to play DSiWare games or GBA games you have to install them to both emunand AND sysnand, and why to play injected GBA games you have to install the patched agb_firm to both emunand and sysnand.

As for installing it, as long as you are only installing the officially signed v0 that you downloaded with 3DNUS, you won't need any patches. FBI loaded from the HBL on a clean sysnand will install signed cia titles with no issue.

With that in mind, that makes a lot of sense!

Yup, it indeed works now!

Thanks a lot!

Aroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
With that in mind, that makes a lot of sense!

Yup, it indeed works now!

Thanks a lot!

If you update emunand to 9.7 or higher it will always check the whitelist's installed version and if it is below the latest it will prompt for an update and will overwrite it with the newest one. To avoid this just use 3DNUS to download the v0 but spoof it to something like v65535 then install the spoofed version. ONLY install the spoofed version to emunand since the spoofing breaks the signature.

Reactions: Queno138

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, it wasnt aimed at you but ok