Hacking Official [Source Release] ReiNand CFW

peteruk

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Did you try that yet? I'm about to restore my NNID now, but the guide that was linked to you says to do it if you haven't linked the NNID yet... Just wondering if you had any luck with that. Thanks

hi there, i haven't gotten around to it, tbh i need some time as i want to do a totally fresh install on my whole system, which will be some point next week, but i will be trying what was reccomended

If you decide to give it a go lmk how you get on

nemesiskkc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hey guys! I need your help here. I installed reinand and updated my emunand to 10.3 2 days ago. Yesterday everything worked fine when i tried to install new .cia files. But Today i cant install anything anymore. FBI says it installed successfully but no "present box" appear in the menu. Patches for games also dont seem to install right but FBI always says it worked like before when it actually worked. The only thing i did yesterday was installing a custom gba game to my sysnand and emunand.

All games already installed start and play normally including the GBA .cia

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys! I need your help here. I installed reinand and updated my emunand to 10.3 2 days ago. Yesterday everything worked fine when i tried to install new .cia files. But Today i cant install anything anymore. FBI says it installed successfully but no "present box" appear in the menu. Patches for games also dont seem to install right but FBI always says it worked like before when it actually worked. The only thing i did yesterday was installing a custom gba game to my sysnand and emunand.

All games already installed start and play normally including the GBA .cia

If they're not the same region as your console, the games will not show up.

nemesiskkc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Okay. But games from another region that are already installed still work? Then this might be the problem... anyway to fix it or do i need to wait for rxtools 3.0 or go back to emunand 9.5?

also all of the games i have should be patched regionfree...

Last edited by nemesiskkc,

tivu100

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Reisyukaku Have you ever considering adding a reboot patch to avoid rebooting into sysnand when launching certain titles?
Just curious, which games/titles reboot you to SYSNAND? If you have auto menuhax does it still boot into SYSNAND?
i just used NASA and got it to install hbmenu cia and it booted fine

Which NASA build did you use? The official 1.0 or the test build?

For some reason, I can only boot official 1.0 on 1 N3DS ReiNAND 10.3 EMUNAND. While the test build boot on all 4 10.3 EMUNAND (rxTools and ReiNAND) Edit: to clarify, 2 O3DS with rxTools and 2 N3DS with ReiNAND.

I set up all 4 of these 3DS from scratch so they are identical in the way they set up/ used the same files, CFW build... So it's weird

Last edited by tivu100,

Naked_Snake

Constant Miscreant
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Just curious, which games/titles reboot you to SYSNAND? If you have auto menuhax does it still boot into SYSNAND?

Which NASA build did you use? The official 1.0 or the test build?

For some reason, I can only boot official 1.0 on 1 N3DS ReiNAND 10.3 EMUNAND. While the test build boot on all 4 10.3 EMUNAND (rxTools and ReiNAND) Edit: to clarify, 2 O3DS with rxTools and 2 N3DS with ReiNAND.

I set up all 4 of these 3DS from scratch so they are identical in the way they set up/ used the same files, CFW build... So it's weird
Well so far when I installed HBL loader it's the only time I've got it to boot, I'm pretty sure it was the original I didn't know there was a test one

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    388.3 KB · Views: 299

tivu100

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well so far when I installed HBL loader it's the only time I've got it to boot, I'm pretty sure it was the original I didn't know there was a test one
https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-install-legit-cia-files-above-9-3.407854/page-175#post-5958726

Test build is in the link above. You can only install 1 cia at a time. And the cia needs to be renamed as nasa.cia and placed on root of sd.

I have average boot rate for the test build around 60-70% on all 4 the 3DS.

Inject FBI to h&s app is currently the most convenient method at the moment if you you have terrbile boot rate with nasa.
https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-inject-any-app-into-health-safety-o3ds-n3ds-cfw-only.402236/

Last edited by tivu100,

Naked_Snake

Constant Miscreant
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-install-legit-cia-files-above-9-3.407854/page-175#post-5958726

Test build is in the link above. You can only install 1 cia at a time. And the cia needs to be renamed as nasa.cia and placed on root of sd.

I have average boot rate for the test build around 60-70% on all 4 the 3DS.

Inject FBI to h&s app is currently the most convenient method at the moment if you you have terrbile boot rate with nasa.
https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-inject-any-app-into-health-safety-o3ds-n3ds-cfw-only.402236/
Thanks I'll try that if I can install Dev menu I won't need Nasa lol

Zidapi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Same thing, if i remember the based source code of Reinand is almost the same as CakesFW :)
both are minimalist cfw without any extras tools.
This statement is true about CakesFW, not so about reiNAND though.

reiNAND has hardcoded RAM Dumping and (Pokemon only) screen capturing features/tools.
Sure, it does.
Also, I had another idea. It'd have been cool to use eShop on SysNAND (as I have legally bought DSi games and ambassador GBA games), or games/apps which require higher FIRMs... So I added the possibility to make it boot SysNAND with the 9.6 FIRM (it's a tiny code change).
http://www28.zippyshare.com/v/gj6MCVfz/file.html
I tested it with the latest eShop (of course the new nVer is also needed), and with Xenoblade Chronicles (using HANS).
To boot SysNAND normally with the 9.0/9.2 FIRM hold L pressed, to boot it with the 9.6 FIRM hold L+R (this is what Gateway does, by the way).
Great work, keep 'em coming!

Perhaps it best to make an official fork, and start your own thread now, instead of hijacking @Reisyukaku's?

Last edited by Zidapi,

Reisyukaku

Onii-sama~
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
reisyukaku.org
XP
Country
United States
@Aurora Wright

Really sorry forgot to ask, does your new build remove the 'help.bin' that was created in the original V3.0 ?
i quickly got rid of that this morning
And yes you can all delete it
This statement is true about CakesFW, not so about reiNAND though.

reiNAND has hardcoded RAM Dumping and (Pokemon only) screen capturing features/tools.

Great work, keep 'em coming!

Perhaps it best to make an official fork, and start your own thread now, instead of hijacking @Reisyukaku's?
wait, what does the arm9 thread have to do with anything? its more of a debug thing then a full feature.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: I just Luv having CEX :)