Hacking Official [Source Release] ReiNand CFW

Aroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, so i forgot to install FBI.cia, before unlinking sysnand and emunand with tinyformat :/ is there a way to install it in emunand?
browserhax to HBL and use 3dsx of fbi

This will only work if you have not updated your emunand past 9.2 yet.

Otherwise your only options are to inject fbi or devmenu into the H&S app, or start over again and try to remember to install a cia manager BEFORE setting up emunand.

Matsumot0

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
France
Ok, so i forgot to install FBI.cia, before unlinking sysnand and emunand with tinyformat :/ is there a way to install it in emunand?
You can do it also with decrypt9 & custom hs.app

+ Universal inject generator
it's user friendly :)

Last edited by Matsumot0,

Wire

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What comes up when you type path into cmd in the folder?
So I go into the devkitARM/bin folder and type path or what?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Edit: I am just going to load linux onto the laptop. It is my spare one anyways. :)

wurstpistole

GBAtemp MVP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Ok, I'll also try reinand today. I can always switch back to Rx once it's 10.3 version comes. It's really a pity that it doesn't have region free. From Rx I think it's either gba or region free, at least that's what it was there.

Aroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Edit: I am just going to load linux onto the laptop. It is my spare one anyways. :)

You need to update your PATH envrionment variable with the path to that \bin\ folder.

Open your start menu, then right click on "my computer", then click properties.
Click "Advanced System Settings"
In the new window, click on "Environment Variables"
Then in the bottom of the new window that opens, scroll down till you see "PATH", then click on it and then click "edit".

At the end of the string you see, add ";C:\devkitPro\devkitARM\bin\" (without the "s) and click OK.

This, of course, assumes devkitpro was installed to C:\devkitPro\

Ratatapa

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Mmm people were saying R4 cards didn't work on REinand?

Seems to work for me without any extra steps other then normal installing reinand

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
honestly if you cant compile it just use one of the many shared pre-compiled versions, is there any reason you are so desperate to compile it yourself?
Mmm people were saying R4 cards didn't work on REinand?

Seems to work for me without any extra steps other then normal installing reinand
if your R4 works on 10.3 it would work fine with no extra steps, but in the case of the gateway blue card that only works upto 7.x the whitelist needs to be downgraded to unblock it on 10.3

Last edited by gamesquest1,
Reactions: Matsumot0

Aroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
honestly if you cant compile it just use one of the many shared pre-compiled versions, is there any reason you are so desperate to compile it yourself?

I wanted to because I wanted the experience with compiling, plus at the time when I did it there were like 3 versions all compiled in the last 30 minutes and I wasn't about to take a risk on any one else's work. If im gonna break my console its gonna be with my own fuck up, not someone elses lol.

Reactions: gamesquest1

wurstpistole

GBAtemp MVP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I wanted to because I wanted the experience with compiling, plus at the time when I did it there were like 3 versions all compiled in the last 30 minutes and I wasn't about to take a risk on any one else's work. If im gonna break my console its gonna be with my own fuck up, not someone elses lol.
Using someone else's cfw won't break anything. Well, is there any version that has the string fix now?

Reactions: Matsumot0

night_hawk

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
@Reisyukaku
I did more tests today. Unfortunatly some games still doesn't work, such as story of seasons (black screen), fantasy life (freeze n crash while talking to the sellers in the stores), Pokémon alpha sapphire (retail copy, freeze n crash of you enter in the Pokémon beauty battle, sorry dont know how it's called in english).
All of them works in Cakesfw, dont know why.

wurstpistole

GBAtemp MVP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
@Reisyukaku
I did more tests today. Unfortunatly some games still doesn't work, such as story of seasons (black screen), fantasy life (freeze n crash while talking to the sellers in the stores), Pokémon alpha sapphire (retail copy, freeze n crash of you enter in the Pokémon beauty battle, sorry dont know how it's called in english).
Whoops.

Aroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Reisyukaku

I can't speak for the others, but the Pokemon one is weird since it shouldn't have needed anything 9.6+ in the first place.

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
@Reisyukaku
Wonder if this has anything to do with the version string code patching anything with a "Ve". Might be patching more than just strings.

Reactions: Orkna and peteruk

Aroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wonder if this has anything to do with the version string code patching anything with a "Ve". Might be patching more than just strings.

It is certainly possible.

@night_hawk, do you mind replacing this arm9.bin file on your sdcard with the one I uploaded and see if it has any effect on those games?

Attachments

• string_fix.rar
    1,022 bytes · Views: 141
Reactions: peteruk

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: it's a frappy moment