Hacking Official [Source Release] ReiNand CFW

usernametaken

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I meant using Ninjhax to install, but I guess the above should help more people :P

So using FBI through pasta CFW and install mset 4.x using the install mset option, then using rninstaller to install the ROP chain before launching DS profile. Am I right?

Fairly sure you only need to install the Bluecardfix.cia with Pasta>FBI then rninstaller 4.x N3DS with the NDS flashcart. After that yeah normal profile exploit.

ChaosEternal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wooo, finally got it to compile properly. Not that it particularly matters since Reisyukaku uploaded the newest version while I was sleeping, but still! (Wasn't expecting 4 more pages of posts, lol.)

20mark

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Simply install with FlashCard DS a RnInstaller.nds that have in the pastebin and you must choose: "4.X N3DS Reinand"
working, but everytime i have to switch ROP to boot Rei/GW with the DS cart. I was thinking of a "dual boot", i don t think ist possible right?

also, i tried a cia gba game (my main use of a CFW is to run gba games and a little of hacking with the debugger, so) but crashes. Is this related to gw emunand and the signatures patched? With ReiNand i can have gba games booting?

Dean_

Trophies
XP
Country
working, but everytime i have to switch ROP to boot Rei/GW with the DS cart. I was thinking of a "dual boot", i don t think ist possible right?

also, i tried a cia gba game (my main use of a CFW is to run gba games and a little of hacking with the debugger, so) but crashes. Is this related to gw emunand and the signatures patched? With ReiNand i can have gba games booting?
To play gba games, you have to install sig. patched agb_firm on the emunand and gba title on both nands.

Cinnamon

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Fairly sure you only need to install the Bluecardfix.cia with Pasta>FBI then rninstaller 4.x N3DS with the NDS flashcart. After that yeah normal profile exploit.

I'm pretty sure the bluecardfix is to make the 3ds read the DS cartridge, and the rninstaller is just a ROP chain installer. You still need to downgrade mset first.

Reactions: usernametaken

Bonny

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Just messing around with my N3DS 9.0 to get Reinand 2.0 working with mset:

- Installed bluecardfix.cia with Devmenu to sysnand - but the N3DS gives me an "Error occured, turn off" message when i try to load my Supercard DSOnei.
- Installed NVRAM from the GW menu - same thing
- Installed flashcardtimewarp.cia with Devmeu to sysnand - same thing

Has anyone successfully installed rninstaller.nds on a N3DS?

dkabot

Better With Others' Systems Than Their Own
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Any builds floating around without screenshot/dump yet? Rather use NTR for that if necessary but that MSET support looks pretty nice.

usernametaken

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Any builds floating around without screenshot/dump yet? Rather use NTR for that if necessary but that MSET support looks pretty nice.

Screen shot / Ram dump is now: Select + X & Start + X.
They won't interfere with NTRs X + Y
:)

Just messing around with my N3DS 9.0 to get Reinand 2.0 working with mset:

- Installed bluecardfix.cia with Devmenu to sysnand - but the N3DS gives me an "Error occured, turn off" message when i try to load my Supercard DSOnei.
- Installed NVRAM from the GW menu - same thing
- Installed flashcardtimewarp.cia with Devmeu to sysnand - same thing

Has anyone successfully installed rninstaller.nds on a N3DS?

Process I went through was:
Nvram -> 4.xMset -> Bluecardfix -> ROP installer -> Reis ROP installer
@Cinnamon confirmed that you do need to install the 4.x Mset. You can interchange ROPInstaller / Reis depending on which Profile you want to use - Gateways or Reinands.

dkabot

Better With Others' Systems Than Their Own
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Screen shot / Ram dump is now: Select + X & Start + X.
They won't interfere with NTRs X + Y
:)
Ah, pastebin still just says start/select. Less worried about interference and more about the Rei version of the features being accidentally triggered/not work as well.

I'm pretty sure the bluecardfix is to make the 3ds read the DS cartridge, and the rninstaller is just a ROP chain installer. You still need to downgrade mset first.
Indeed, bluecardfix is named such because Gateway is from 4.X and their DS card (provided for this purpose, and aptly named the "blue card", not to be confused with the new clone) got blocked at some point. Hence, blue card fix.

usernametaken

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah, pastebin still just says start/select. Less worried about interference and more about the Rei version of the features being accidentally triggered/not work as well.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Indeed, bluecardfix is named such because Gateway is from 4.X and their DS card (provided for this purpose, and aptly named the "blue card", not to be confused with the new clone) got blocked at some point. Hence, blue card fix.

The Githubs info is more up to date. Pastebin is a little behind in that regard. xD

Cinnamon

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Okay got it working from just Ninjhax, instructions if someone else wants to try:

Get the mset 4.x cia from a Gateway release and put the correct version cia matching your region into your sdcard. Get bluecardfix.cia from the same folder if your 3DS does not support your DS card.

Grab FBI version 1.4.2(at later) for Ninjhax. This version supports overwriting.
Grab Pasta CFW to let FBI get am service (install cias)

1. Boot Ninjhax and run Pasta CFW. (You are now in sysNAND)
2. Boot Ninjhax and run FBI
3. Install the mset cia to your NAND(!) not sd.
4. It will ask you to overwrite the old one. Yes.
5. Install the bluecardfix(if you need it)
6. Put the rninstaller.nds onto you DS flashcart.
7. Boot the DS cart from sysNAND! not emuNAND.
8. Run the installer and choose the reiNAND option.
9. After installing restart the console.
10. Start the exploit from DS profile from System Settings and press Start to boot up.

Enjoy!

Reactions: kactusss and memomo

crono68

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Thanks Reisyukaku for bringing MSET to New3DS with your ReiNand.
I cant seem to find a readme or a tutorial on how to install it though.
I have a Euro n3DS on 9.0 with dowgraded MSET from Gateway and the gateway EmuNand installed and ready. I myself don't have a Gateway Card or OOT with the hacked savegame or Cubic Ninja, only a friend has those (no Cubic Ninja though), so i keep my n3DS always on in EmuNand.

My Questions:
1. Lets say i visit my Friend who has all necessary things to help me install your MSET Exploit, what do i need to bring over to him?
2. What exactly do i need from the Pastebin of yours?, i downloaded the stuff from ReiNand 2.0 [CFW] folder.
3. Where to put it on the Micro SD, everythin in root ?

Thanks to anybody who can help me, a link with similar answers would suffice.

Last edited by crono68,

thaikhoa

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Thanks Reisyukaku for bringing MSET to New3DS with your ReiNand.
I cant seem to find a readme or a tutorial on how to install it though.
I have a Euro n3DS on 9.0 with dowgraded MSET from Gateway and the gateway EmuNand installed and ready. I myself don't have a Gateway Card or OOT with the hacked savegame or Cubic Ninja, only a friend has those, so i keep my n3DS always on in EmuNand.

My Questions:
1. Lets say i visit my Friend who has all necessary things to help me install your MSET Exploit, what do i have to bring over to him?
2. What exactly do i need from the Pastebin of yours?, i downloaded the stuff from ReiNand 2.0 [CFW] folder.
3. Where to put it on the Micro SD, everythin in root ?

Thanks to anybody who can help me, a link with similar answers would suffice.

Assume that you've already downgraded mset and installed bluecardfix.cia

Copy \ReiNand\*.* to the root of 3DS's microSD.
Copy \rnInstaller\rnInstaller.nds to DS Flashcart (GW bluecard)'s microSD.
Boot the bluecard and load rnInstaller.nds to install the ROP.
Now you can boot ReiNAND using DS Profile.
Profit?

crono68

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Thank you very much for helping me out, do i copy the ReiNand folder as it is to mSD root or only the stuff in the folder? And Yes Bluecardfix is installed, also my friend has the supercard DSTwo, so no Problems there.

thaikhoa

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Thank you very much for helping me out, do i copy the ReiNand folder as it is to mSD root or only the stuff in the folder? And Yes Bluecardfix is installed, also my friend has the supercard DSTwo, so no Problems there.

You need to copy all files and folders in ReiNand folder to the root of 3DS's microSD (not the ReiNand folder).

Spong92

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Would there be any issues/conflicts with this plan?:

I install the latest ReiNand build to my n3ds using the Ninjhax exploit and play the .cia backups I have using that for now until I get a DS Flashcart.

Once I do get the DS flashcart, I would then downgrade the mset to 4.* and run the mset exploit to boot into ReiNand using DS Profile from then on.

Would I have to uninstall ReiNand or do anything else before following the guides for doing the mset exploit?

Sorry for the noobish question, this is the first CFW I've been planning to install.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Am I stupid for stupid