Hacking Official [Source Release] ReiNand CFW

usernametaken

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Would there be any issues/conflicts with this plan?:

I install the latest ReiNand build to my n3ds using the Ninjhax exploit and play the .cia backups I have using that for now until I get a DS Flashcart.

Once I do get the DS flashcart, I would then downgrade the mset to 4.* and run the mset exploit to boot into ReiNand using DS Profile from then on.

-snip-

That's all.

Reactions: Spong92

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay got it working from just Ninjhax, instructions if someone else wants to try:

Get the mset 4.x cia from a Gateway release and put the correct version cia matching your region into your sdcard. Get bluecardfix.cia from the same folder if your 3DS does not support your DS card.

Grab FBI version 1.4.2(at later) for Ninjhax. This version supports overwriting.
Grab Pasta CFW to let FBI get am service (install cias)

1. Boot Ninjhax and run Pasta CFW. (You are now in sysNAND)
2. Boot Ninjhax and run FBI
3. Install the mset cia to your NAND(!) not sd.
4. It will ask you to overwrite the old one. Yes.
5. Install the bluecardfix(if you need it)
6. Put the rninstaller.nds onto you DS flashcart.
7. Boot the DS cart from sysNAND! not emuNAND.
8. Run the installer and choose the reiNAND option.
9. After installing restart the console.
10. Start the exploit from DS profile from System Settings and press Start to boot up.

Enjoy!

Question, will I have to repeat the process of booting cubic ninja every time I turn off my N3DS and the turn it back on? Or will I. Just have to do this process once, and every time after I can load ReiNAND directly from my DS flashcard? Because that is what I'd really love, only having to have one cart on me at all times and never having to switch between Cubic Ninja and my DS flash card. Thanks for any info.

Last edited by duffmmann,

Melon__Bread

~It's A Magik~
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Question, will I have to repeat the process of booting cubic ninja every time I turn off my N3DS and the turn it back on? Or will I. Just have to do this process once, and every time after I can load ReiNAND directly from my DS flashcard? Because that is what I'd really love, only having to air one cart on me at all times and never having to switch between Cubic Ninja and my DS flash card. Thanks for any info.
You will need to use CN everytime. You only need the DS cart once

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Aww, sad, this release is cool for sure but I was hoping it might only need to use Cubic Ninja the one time o that the only cart I'd ever need in my 3DS is my DS flash cart, instead I still have the minor annoyance of having to swap carts to play all my 3DS and DS backups.

Zap Rowsdower

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm working on a sysnand booting option.. I need to have the 3ds decrypt and read the nand for firm0 for this though, so it'll take some time.
Ok, I could still use a 9.2 emuNAND for now. What about FirmLaunchHax? With a quick glance at it, I get the impression that firmware.bin is loaded externally. Would it simply run in a 9.2 environment were I to remove the (9.5, I assume?) firmware.bin file from the SD? Or would I need to replace that file with a n3ds 9.2 firmware.bin? I don't think you can even get that from NUS anymore...
Anyway, sorry about the noob questions and thanks for your time and good work.

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Wait are you sure? If I'm understanding what I'm reading correctly, once you've installed ReiNAND to your N3DS, you can access your emuNAND at any point by loading the DS profile exploit through the 3DS' settings without having to load back up Cubic Ninja every time.

riggs

Trophies
XP
Country
Wait are you sure? If I'm understanding what I'm reading correctly, once you've installed ReiNAND to your N3DS, you can access your emuNAND at any point by loading the DS profile exploit through the 3DS' settings without having to load back up Cubic Ninja every time.
I'm also confused by this. I though the whole point of the MSET exploit was to negate the need for Cubic Ninja/Ninjhax.

I've not set it up completely yet (still awaiting an R4 flashcart), but currently if I go to the DS Profile from my sysNAND it redirects me straight to the Gateway Launcher (totally bypassing Cubic Ninja).

Atross

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Make is a command that doesn't exist natively within Windows. To add it, follow these steps:

1) Download MinGW-get-setup.

2) Once you've installed it, open MinGw Installer and select 'mingw-developer-toolkit'.

3) Click Installation and then Apply Changes.

4) Now you need to set it so that Windows Command Prompt will recognise 'Make' as a command, to do this you need to add the directory you just installed to your Environmental Variables. If you are on Windows 8/10 this is in Control Panel/System/Advanced System Settings/Environmental Variables.

5) Once here you will see two boxes. One labelled 'User Variables' and the other 'System Variables'. DO NOT TOUCH ANYTHING IN SYSTEM VARIABLES! Under 'User Variables', Add a new variable called 'PATH' (If it already exists, just edit it) and put in the two directory bin folders you just installed, separating each directory with a ';' (Default is 'C:\MinGW\bin;C:\MinGW\msys\1.0\bin').

6) Click OK to save everything.

Now if you enter cmd and type in 'Make' it should recognise the command

Oh yeah, sorry i'm not on Windows I didn't know it wasn't possible. :(

Cinnamon

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Question, will I have to repeat the process of booting cubic ninja every time I turn off my N3DS and the turn it back on? Or will I. Just have to do this process once, and every time after I can load ReiNAND directly from my DS flashcard? Because that is what I'd really love, only having to air one cart on me at all times and never having to switch between Cubic Ninja and my DS flash card. Thanks for any info.

Cubic Ninja once to setup, DS cart after that. Like me :D

Reisyukaku

Onii-sama~
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
reisyukaku.org
XP
Country
United States
Ok, I could still use a 9.2 emuNAND for now. What about FirmLaunchHax? With a quick glance at it, I get the impression that firmware.bin is loaded externally. Would it simply run in a 9.2 environment were I to remove the (9.5, I assume?) firmware.bin file from the SD? Or would I need to replace that file with a n3ds 9.2 firmware.bin? I don't think you can even get that from NUS anymore...
Anyway, sorry about the noob questions and thanks for your time and good work.
Sure, you could use firmlaunch if you wanted.. but i wanted to make it easier for the user to switch between the modes.. and sure, i could just firm launch with the 9.5 firm bin, but then i'd have a lot of people complaining they bricked their shit trying to update firm, lol. (unless you were to use 9.2 firm or something lower)

Reactions: Zap Rowsdower

Melon__Bread

~It's A Magik~
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I should have worded myself better. I mean if you use CN you will need to use it every time to boot into it. If you use the DS cart (MSET) then you only need to use the DS Flashcart once. (For booting into ReiNAND)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Hopefully your not like south of Tampa they got flooding