Hacking Official [Source Release] ReiNand CFW

Sonansune

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hah, welcome to the quirkiness of the 3DS. Some things are just unexplainable. Like how only europeans have problems with reinand in general.

Anyways, if CN launches it, then yea, its not the CFW or location of it.. CN is just a means of gaining arm9 and i basically use a brahma like setup to read reinand.dat into ram and execute at 0x12000 or w/e i currently have the entrypoint set to. MSET on the other hand, uses the dsprofile to gain arm9 by writing the rop loader to the dsprofile via flash card. I assume this is the rop FBI uses, precisely (More specifically, the dsprofile rop manipulates system settings API to read rop from reinand.dat, and that rop is what gains arm9).

That aside, if CN works, its not the CFW itself, and if MSET works for some its not FBI thats a problem. Have you tried using the rop installer i have on git? Does the FBI rop just crash back to homemenu with that white popup box?
rop install shows succeed, but if go through the setting -> other -> profile -> ds profile ---after few sec, the error shows up

itsthenavy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hah, welcome to the quirkiness of the 3DS. Some things are just unexplainable. Like how only europeans have problems with reinand in general.

Anyways, if CN launches it, then yea, its not the CFW or location of it.. CN is just a means of gaining arm9 and i basically use a brahma like setup to read reinand.dat into ram and execute at 0x12000 or w/e i currently have the entrypoint set to. MSET on the other hand, uses the dsprofile to gain arm9 by writing the rop loader to the dsprofile via flash card. I assume this is the rop FBI uses, precisely (More specifically, the dsprofile rop manipulates system settings API to read rop from reinand.dat, and that rop is what gains arm9).

That aside, if CN works, its not the CFW itself, and if MSET works for some its not FBI thats a problem. Have you tried using the rop installer i have on git? Does the FBI rop just crash back to homemenu with that white popup box?
rop install shows succeed, but if go through the setting -> other -> profile -> ds profile ---after few sec, the error shows up
I've got the exact same results. I'll try to install the ROP through the DS flashcart method, but I don't have one on hand right now. I'll have a chance on Monday when I go visit some family. Steveice10 thinks that the ROP provided with FBI might be a bad dump from NVRAM, if you want to help him out with that. If you're unable to, I might contribute a dump if I can get it working.

EDIT: A kind user has fixed FBI with a working NVRAM dump. I tested and confirmed it worked! Everything is working perfectly now.

Last edited by itsthenavy,
Reactions: usernametaken

Sonansune

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I've got the exact same results. I'll try to install the ROP through the DS flashcart method, but I don't have one on hand right now. I'll have a chance on Monday when I go visit some family. Steveice10 thinks that the ROP provided with FBI might be a bad dump from NVRAM, if you want to help him out with that. If you're unable to, I might contribute a dump if I can get it working.

EDIT: A kind user has fixed FBI with a working NVRAM dump. I tested and confirmed it worked! Everything is working perfectly now.
Thanks for the notice!

D

Deleted-368796

I've got a weird issue. I attempted to use the online spoofer, which appeared to work the first time.
It installed the YouTube app. This was of course ran directly from the emuNand.
Then it installed it to the sysNand somehow. I didn't really care at first cause I am not using the sysNand at all.

But now I have an issue and I hope I have not ruined my sysNand completely.
When you power down the console and power it back up, whatever game that is in the cart slot is not recognized. Like its not detecting the card.
At first, it only did this for a few seconds on boot up then the cart would finally display in the menu. Over the last few weeks it became longer. Now, it will not detect the cart at all until I eject it and reinsert it. I have done nothing in sysNand at all other than launch the CN game from the cart.

So here is my question. Is there a chance that the console will brick if I do a Factory Reset?
And what about emuNand? Do I backup the sd card, start the Factory Reset (remove the sd card just before), and start over? And can I then copy the card backup back to the card and emuNand is right where it left off?

I would like to do a complete Nand backup with the hardmod. But I am afraid that if I back up the system with the issues it has right now that my backup will be bad. No bad, but not a fresh backup of a reset console.
Can anyone advise. I have no idea if the double spoofer YouTube install was caused by Rei or not. I was in ReiNand when I did that, so I do not see how it was installed to the sysNand.
BTW: My Nands ARE unlinked

usernametaken

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've got a weird issue. I attempted to use the online spoofer, which appeared to work the first time.
It installed the YouTube app. This was of course ran directly from the emuNand.
Then it installed it to the sysNand somehow. I didn't really care at first cause I am not using the sysNand at all.

But now I have an issue and I hope I have not ruined my sysNand completely.
When you power down the console and power it back up, whatever game that is in the cart slot is not recognized. Like its not detecting the card.
At first, it only did this for a few seconds on boot up then the cart would finally display in the menu. Over the last few weeks it became longer. Now, it will not detect the cart at all until I eject it and reinsert it. I have done nothing in sysNand at all other than launch the CN game from the cart.

So here is my question. Is there a chance that the console will brick if I do a Factory Reset?
And what about emuNand? Do I backup the sd card, start the Factory Reset (remove the sd card just before), and start over? And can I then copy the card backup back to the card and emuNand is right where it left off?

I would like to do a complete Nand backup with the hardmod. But I am afraid that if I back up the system with the issues it has right now that my backup will be bad. No bad, but not a fresh backup of a reset console.
Can anyone advise. I have no idea if the double spoofer YouTube install was caused by Rei or not. I was in ReiNand when I did that, so I do not see how it was installed to the sysNand.
BTW: My Nands ARE unlinked

Sounds like a hardware issue.
Make sure the contacts on your cart are clean. If you have some canned air, try blowing out the slot on the 3DS.

You will not brick of you format the Sysnand, you'll only lose the installed ROP (if you're using that, but it sounds like you're not)
If you want to backup the Emunand, use Emunand Tool > connect mSD to computer > backup nand > Backup contents of mSD. You'll be able to flash that nand.bin backup for your emunand using the tool & copy everything back to the SD later on if you want.

You can make a backup with the hardmod now if you like, but if you downgraded the Mset (for profile exploit) that'll persist with that backup. If not, it'll just be a stock NAND.BIN backup of Sysnand.

Edit: To your edit, if your nands were unlinked, installing Youtube on the Emunand wouldn't install it to the Sysnand as well. :P

So what firmware 3ds will this run on???

Like all cfw 9.2 or lower.

D

Deleted-368796

Edit: To your edit, if your nands were unlinked, installing Youtube on the Emunand wouldn't install it to the Sysnand as well. :P

Well that is exactly what I would think, but somehow it did. I have never used FBI except for when I first setup the emuNand. All there rest of the time I have used BBM from the emuNand. I installed the FW online spoofer and ran it directly from the emuNand. So sysNand has not been touched except for launching the CN game from the cart.

I want to Factory Restore my console to check out and see if it is just a software glitch, or if I have a more serious hardware problem on my hands. I have hesitated because the amount of time it has taken to set up Rei with all the stuff I wanted.

The game is always detected right away when you insert it, just not showing up if you startup the console with it in the slot.

And I want a Factroy Fresh NAND backup of how the console was when it was first pulled out of the box. This will cut down on any potential problems in the future, as long as I can go back to square 1 where I started and go from there again. I think everyone should have a backup like this to insure they can get back to how the console was new, no questions asked. Wish I had read about the hardmod before.

Edit: OH and let me add, the cart is always detected in Rei every time. That is why I thought it my be a software issues since it started right after the YouTube app showed up in sysNand. (I have the sysNand wifi profiles occupied with fake hotspots, so there is no way it can access the internet no matter what)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Now that I have looked again, the YouTube app that the E-Shop/Region spoofer installs is no longer in the ReiNand menus???
So somehow it installed to the sysNand and disappeared from emuNand??? WTF?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gzmdrobXH34