Hacking Official [Source Release] ReiNand CFW

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Not yet, but Rei pushed code that does it, and it needs testing by people with hardmods.
K, well I'll keep using AuReiNAND for now and just keep this in the background like CakeFW.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Last edited by The Catboy,
Reactions: daxtsu

Elton D. Tiglao

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So, correct me if I'm wrong, so if you compare ReiNAND and AuReiNAND for peace of mind:
(Both) They're really (and not arguably) the same:
a) New version of ReiNAND included region free, but NTR is available for both and stop being lazy just click BootNTR for
like 10 seconds.
b) You can install CIA's just fine for both.
c) Yes you can play GBA games for both.
d) Yes you can play other Emulators like PS1, (See Retroarch)
e) Coldboot. Yes, ReiNAND can also coldboot, (meaning when you open the console it automatically uses CFW)
f) Opening eshop doesn't delete your dlcs and more,
g) No you don't get banned from online games and from Nintendo. (Frankly Nintendo likes CFW more as 80% of the time people buy 3DS because of CFW)
(ReiNAND)
a) uses EmuNAND, and consumes like 2GB of free space on your MicroSD
b) fast installation and noob-friendly, just copy the file and you're done.
c) a normal boot rate (like 15-20 seconds) since it prepares EmuNAND
d) a very safe cfw and I can tell you must be more stupid than an ape to brick your 3DS Console. And safe as long as you rarely touch your SysNAND.
e) You can directly update the EmuNAND on System Settings.
f) Just remove your SD Card and your 3DS becomes virgin again. (meaning your console becomes the same as you bought it.)
g) So,
(AuReiNAND)
a) Uses sysNAND and you have 2GB more space on your SD Card.
b) It boot rate is nearly the same as booting a virgin 3ds (Not more than 7 seconds)
c) It is a long process. (if you start from getting the otp.bin or a9lh something)
d) It is noob-free, meaning if you don't know what to do or if u made a mistake (from the installation only) it can brick your 3ds
but after the installation you're okay.
e) You don't require double space on GBA VC games anymore since you use SysNand.
f) ALWAYS DO NAND BACKUPS (SYSNAND AND EMUNAND) IF YOU WANT YOUR A9LH CONSOLE TO BECOME VIRGIN AGAIN.

As u can see the differences are only things that an OCD person would really care, and either of which you choose nothing matters as they nearly have the same benefits.

Note: You know guys I think it's really hard (I think) to create a CFW for 3ds, If I were them I wouldn't even publicize it so I get lots of money so let's respect both if them.

Reisyukaku

Onii-sama~
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
reisyukaku.org
XP
Country
United States
So, correct me if I'm wrong, so if you compare ReiNAND and AuReiNAND for peace of mind:
(Both) They're really (and not arguably) the same:
a) New version of ReiNAND included region free, but NTR is available for both and stop being lazy just click BootNTR for
like 10 seconds.
b) You can install CIA's just fine for both.
c) Yes you can play GBA games for both.
d) Yes you can play other Emulators like PS1, (See Retroarch)
e) Coldboot. Yes, ReiNAND can also coldboot, (meaning when you open the console it automatically uses CFW)
f) Opening eshop doesn't delete your dlcs and more,
g) No you don't get banned from online games and from Nintendo. (Frankly Nintendo likes CFW more as 80% of the time people buy 3DS because of CFW)
(ReiNAND)
a) uses EmuNAND, and consumes like 2GB of free space on your MicroSD
b) fast installation and noob-friendly, just copy the file and you're done.
c) a normal boot rate (like 15-20 seconds) since it prepares EmuNAND
d) a very safe cfw and I can tell you must be more stupid than an ape to brick your 3DS Console. And safe as long as you rarely touch your SysNAND.
e) You can directly update the EmuNAND on System Settings.
f) Just remove your SD Card and your 3DS becomes virgin again. (meaning your console becomes the same as you bought it.)
g) So,
(AuReiNAND)
a) Uses sysNAND and you have 2GB more space on your SD Card.
b) It boot rate is nearly the same as booting a virgin 3ds (Not more than 7 seconds)
c) It is a long process. (if you start from getting the otp.bin or a9lh something)
d) It is noob-free, meaning if you don't know what to do or if u made a mistake (from the installation only) it can brick your 3ds
but after the installation you're okay.
e) You don't require double space on GBA VC games anymore since you use SysNand.
f) ALWAYS DO NAND BACKUPS (SYSNAND AND EMUNAND) IF YOU WANT YOUR A9LH CONSOLE TO BECOME VIRGIN AGAIN.

As u can see the differences are only things that an OCD person would really care, and either of which you choose nothing matters as they nearly have the same benefits.

Note: You know guys I think it's really hard (I think) to create a CFW for 3ds, If I were them I wouldn't even publicize it so I get lots of money so let's respect both if them.
Pretty spot on, although i'd like to correct a few things. Sysnand is perfectly useable now with firm protect, so no different then Aurei there. Also boot time for me to emu is 7 seconds. it depends on your SD card. So yea, other than that seems accurate enough

Reactions: peteruk

peteruk

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
This is pretty much perfection now in the realms of CFW for those that want a simplistic, speedy booting and non bloated choice

thank you @Reisyukaku for giving us this gift and all the hard work that you do for free in your own time, on top of working, school, real life etc... we all owe you a lot :)

Reactions: Reisyukaku

nfan2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Pretty spot on, although i'd like to correct a few things. Sysnand is perfectly useable now with firm protect, so no different then Aurei there. Also boot time for me to emu is 7 seconds. it depends on your SD card. So yea, other than that seems accurate enough

What kind of SD card do you have? I get like 11 seconds for emu, which isn't bad at all, but 7 would be pretty cool :D

Pecrow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Question, So if reinand 3.5 already has cosmo3ds' loader to allow eshop access after region change emunand, do you have to enable it somehow? I have a jap n3ds, usa Emunand on 10.7, and I launch reinand 3.5, and access eshop and get the error 007-2001, am I missing something?

Reisyukaku

Onii-sama~
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
reisyukaku.org
XP
Country
United States
What kind of SD card do you have? I get like 11 seconds for emu, which isn't bad at all, but 7 would be pretty cool :D
http://www.amazon.com/SanDisk-Extre...&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00
Question, So if reinand 3.5 already has cosmo3ds' loader to allow eshop access after region change emunand, do you have to enable it somehow? I have a jap n3ds, usa Emunand on 10.7, and I launch reinand 3.5, and access eshop and get the error 007-2001, am I missing something?
I just have the basic patches for now, i want to look into possibly loading different regions eshop from any region or something.

Pecrow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just have the basic patches for now, i want to look into possibly loading different regions eshop from any region or something.
So, cosmo3ds loader is not on reinand yet? I am thinking of this here: https://github.com/yifanlu/Cosmo3DS I just cant seem to find that exact firmware.bin to try that myself, or where to get one already modified :(

Reisyukaku

Onii-sama~
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
reisyukaku.org
XP
Country
United States
So, cosmo3ds loader is not on reinand yet? I am thinking of this here: https://github.com/yifanlu/Cosmo3DS I just cant seem to find that exact firmware.bin to try that myself, or where to get one already modified :(
im using a fork of that before he added region stuff. I just have my own patches in it.

Reactions: peteruk

peteruk

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Say NO to BLOAT WARE and use ReiNand

_BLOAT.GIF

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users