Hacking Official [Source Release] ReiNand CFW

Ifury

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I use arm9select and make reinand default, with no emunand in my sd card and it boots automatically to sysnand. I never use the autosysnandmod file. Hope this helps.

Rohul1997

Trophies
XP
Country
Yep, I know you can hold the 'Start' button for booting sysnand, and simple for one to alter & recompile ReiNand themselves to get autoboot of sysnand like you did -- was really just curious if @Reisyukaku deemed sysnand useable now with firm protect to the point of potentially adding an option to autoboot (i.e. not hold down a button for) sysnand in a future version of ReiNand.

Not a feature request, more curiosity on how safe Rei considers sysnand use considering the recent features added to the official ReiNand.
I doubt Rei will ever do that because he prefers emunand

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I use arm9select and make reinand default, with no emunand in my sd card and it boots automatically to sysnand. I never use the autosysnandmod file. Hope this helps.
Are you sure? the majority of the people say that it hangs on a black screen if you don't hold start to get into sysnand

Reactions: peteruk

Ifury

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I doubt Rei will ever do that because he prefers emunand

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Are you sure? the majority of the people say that it hangs on a black screen if you don't hold start to get into sysnand
I am pretty sure I have it set up on both of my 3ds, old 3ds and new 3ds and I have no issues with arm9select as long as you don't have a emunand on your sd you should be fine.

Rohul1997

Trophies
XP
Country
I am pretty sure I have it set up on both of my 3ds, old 3ds and new 3ds and I have no issues with arm9select as long as you don't have a emunand on your sd you should be fine.
Oh you must be right then. But If you have emunand and want to autoboot to sysnand then you can use the mod

gaboumafou

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Wow, boot seems even faster and more reliable than before! I know A9HL is the new hip thing, but I don't have the time or will to get to it right now, and emunand + Reinand is more than tolerable! Thanks a lot Rei, your work is very appreciated!

Reactions: Reisyukaku

infinete

The Temp's cynic.
Trophies
XP
Country
Just checking, is 3.6b working for emunand users? I have attempted to boot it through menuhax like 50+ times and after menuhax, I just get a black screen (lit black top screen).

Reisyukaku

Onii-sama~
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
reisyukaku.org
XP
Country
United States
So with sysnand being useable now with firm protect, you think ReiNand will officially get an option to boot sysnand without having to hold a button down? Or you think using an emunand still the way to go?

Thanks
well if you dont have a emunand partition it'll detect that and throw you into sysnand, if you have an emu/rednand partition and primarily use sysnand, wtf are you doing? x3

Just checking, is 3.6b working for emunand users? I have attempted to boot it through menuhax like 50+ times and after menuhax, I just get a black screen (lit black top screen).
if the splash isnt shown then the cfw isnt even running

Last edited by Reisyukaku,

stl25

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When you play on sysNAND as I have been once you exit the gba game (after saving of course) the system will reboot into emuNAND. The next time I go back into sysNAND my game has not saved.

Edit: I tested this with Castlevania Circle of the Moon, but I will test with another game.

Last edited by stl25,

matpower

Messenger from Zero
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
yes. Although i dont see why it should matter if its on emu/sys
Well, that's explain it. If you run them only from sysNAND and reboot back into emuNAND, it won't save the games if you're running A9LH. If you want to test it, just install a game into sysNAND, play it for a bit and then reboot back into emuNAND without going into sysNAND. After that, go back into sysNAND and try to load the game, your save will be gone. :P

Reactions: stl25

stl25

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, that's explain it. If you run them only from sysNAND and reboot back into emuNAND, it won't save the games if you're running A9LH. If you want to test it, just install a game into sysNAND, play it for a bit and then reboot back into emuNAND without going into sysNAND. After that, go back into sysNAND and try to load the game, your save will be gone. :P

I believe this is why after playing GBA games @Aurora Wright forced AuReiNand to reboot into sysNAND to prevent save loss. Currently the only way do this is ReiNand is to hold start when the system reboots to boot back into sysNAND. If the user forgets to do this than the progress will not be saved.

Reactions: matpower

Reisyukaku

Onii-sama~
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
reisyukaku.org
XP
Country
United States
haha, at this point its like you're trying to break it x3
im just confused why you'd play GBA games on sys if you have emunand installed.. Im not sure how else to handle the toggling between sys/emu

matpower

Messenger from Zero
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
im just confused why you'd play GBA games on sys if you have emunand installed.. Im not sure how else to handle the toggling between sys/emu
Well, basically to save space :P Nowadays it doesn't matter much to me since I got a 64GB card, but back in the day when I was stuck with 8GB, installing them only to sysNAND was the best way to save some MBs. :P

Reisyukaku

Onii-sama~
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
reisyukaku.org
XP
Country
United States
Well, basically to save space :P Nowadays it doesn't matter much to me since I got a 64GB card, but back in the day when I was stuck with 8GB, installing them only to sysNAND was the best way to save some MBs. :P
oh, so your saves are stuck on sys but you use emu? if so cant you just back them up with SDF?

skrlegend

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hi sorry for asking this but, i have reinand 4.0.1, with arm9lh, i want to use ninjhax or hombrew launcher, but it not work with the .cia version it frozen in a red screen, so there´s a way to launch homebrew please :3 if u can answer i give you a hug :P

stl25

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I guess the best work around is to install games on sysNAND and install the forwarder for the game on emuNAND. https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-create-tiny-gba-forwarders-for-emunand.413737/

@Reisyukaku, unfortunately the game will not save your latest progress at all if the 3DS reboots to emuNAND after playing the game in sysNAND. In my test I had 36 hearts in Castlevania. I picked up 10 extra hearts bringing the total to 46, go to the save room, save, exit the game. The system reboots to emuNAND. I power off the system and power on holding the start button to boot into sysNAND. Start the game, load the save, still 36 hearts. Progress not saved.

Last edited by stl25,
Reactions: matpower

matpower

Messenger from Zero
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
oh, so your saves are stuck on sys but you use emu? if so cant you just back them up with SDF?
Nah, I'm running full sysNAND nowadays for convenience(Lost my GBA saves in the old sysNAND though), also I thought that SDF didn't work with GBA VCs or something like that?
Hi sorry for asking this but, i have reinand 4.0.1, with arm9lh, i want to use ninjhax or hombrew launcher, but it not work with the .cia version it frozen in a red screen, so there´s a way to launch homebrew please :3 if u can answer i give you a hug :P
Hmm, so you're using the Homebrew Launcher cia? And have you tried running again? Sometimes the payload fails, you know.

Reisyukaku

Onii-sama~
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
reisyukaku.org
XP
Country
United States
Are you from the future? 3.6b is latest x3
Also chances are the cia version of homebrew launcher only works up to a certain firmware version

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Heheh