Sound recorder to make toy

Discussion in 'General Gaming Discussion' started by utz030303, Feb 9, 2008.

1. utz030303
    OP

utz030303 Member

Newcomer
    Jan 13, 2008
    United States
    Sorry to start a non-game related topic, but does anyone know where I could get a sound recorder to make a toy?
    What I want is a recorder which can play the sound when pushed, like all those toys you find on Toys R Us. (so I don't want mp3 player).

I would really appreciate it if anyone can help.

Thanks [​IMG]

2. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer

pip Reporter
    Nov 21, 2005
    United Kingdom
    Some joke/gadget/gift shops have a basic 20 second memory playback things (others have some with a bit of voice distortion but that easy enough to sort) which sound exactly like what you are looking for and there are a fair few toys that do the same thing and I have even seen pens do it. Quality is not normally fantastic but certainly audible. The most expensive of the bunch (not including a branded toy) would probably be then pen and you could walk away with one of those for less than $20.

I do not tend to go toy shopping (who needs toys when you have tools to play with) so I have no idea where you might procure one. A trip to a fair sized mall should do it though.

3. utz030303
    OP

utz030303 Member

Newcomer
    Jan 13, 2008
    United States
    thanks for ur reply.
    I just realized I should've started the topic in 'off topic' category so I reposted the question there.

mods: if possible, please join the 2 threads together, TIA.

4. DanTheManMS

DanTheManMS aka Ricochet Otter

Jun 2, 2007
    United States
    Georgia
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice