OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.deenextreme.com
XP
Country
Ukraine
There annoying me! Every time the sound from my headphones just turns off. I try to adjust the headphone jack which goes into my PC but still it doesn't work!
When sound turns off on a video that I'm watching on a web browser, sound works perfectly when I open a media file.
This also annoys me when playing PC games, I have to close the game ( because new games don't allow you to use Ctrl+alt+del normally) open a media file, then play normally. I'm starting to think this is a hardware problem, because the headphones work perfectly on my laptop and netbook.
I think I should take apart my PC and look for problems there.
But maybe I shouldn't go through that, any suggestion's what may cause this problem?

Originality

Chibi-neko
Trophies
Website
metalix.deviantart.com
XP
Country
I don't really understand your description. It sounds like your audio (via headphones) works normally at first, then randomly stops working until you play a media file. If that's the case, then it sounds like the default audio output (I'm guessing front panel headphone jack) experienced a momentary disconnection, causing Windows to switch to an alternate audio source.

If this is the case, then there may be something wrong with the front panel audio cable (which normally comes in AC97 and HD Audio varieties, both of which plug into the same slot on the motherboard), such as it not being plugged in properly or possibly a fan damaging it. Just check the condition of the cable and reseat (take it out and plug it back in) it incase there's any electro-static interferance (or if one of the pins is damaged).

If I'm right about the cause but the cable is fine, then there should be a way to force Windows to output audio to the headphones even if it's disconnected. It's not an ideal fix, but it may work.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Her boob is the cause of all this current shit :angry: