ROM Hack (SoulSilver Mod) Pokemon Neo SoulSilver

flygon12345

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
India
Ugh...I have no idea what I'm doing wrong. I've been trying to get this to work for days, TC, and I'm not sure if its my really old firmware or the patch isn't really working? First of all I have an R4 but I use an Acekard Akaio loader I think...its called AKMENU4. No idea what version but I haven't updated it in at least a year in a half. But, it really shouldn't be my firmware I don't think because I have played soul silver just fine on here before (with the AP patch applied) and it worked just fine. Now, I understand that I need a clean rom with no AP patch applied and I got one, but when I tried to patch it via your mediafire link nothing happened until I clicked the actual Patch application in the folder. I wait a long time after pressing apply patch but nothing happens until I execute "Patch" which is in the folder. And then it immediately says Patch is completed! But when I go to check, it seems no changes have occured and its the original game...But I've only played this to the first badge only to realize its the original game and not your neosilver.

Ugh. I don't even know if my explanation made sense but yeah...I'm going to try and fix this but can you give me an early sign on a noticable change? I don't want to play through the game to the first badge every time just so I'm sure the patch didn't work. Maybe something you changed with the early dialogue or even the first wild pokemon we see just so I can try something new to make the patch work?

Thanks. I really look forward to playing this if I actually get it to work!

P.S.
If you would go out of your way just to upload an already patched version of neosilver on to any website and give me a private link via PM, I would LOVE that. Of course you could delete it after I downloaded it, probably not a good idea to keep it up for too long.
chck if the game works in an emu first then try it on the R4 card

iRyahn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry for yet another question, but is there a way we can view all the exact changes? I want to see if any of my favorite NU pokemon got boosted and I haven't noticed any Wordpad in the download for it or anything on the original post, but maybe I am blind? :P

Twanny Bizzle-Th

OP
Trophies
Somewhere pulling my pants up. I need a belt. :\
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Ugh...I have no idea what I'm doing wrong. I've been trying to get this to work for days, TC, and I'm not sure if its my really old firmware or the patch isn't really working? First of all I have an R4 but I use an Acekard Akaio loader I think...its called AKMENU4. No idea what version but I haven't updated it in at least a year in a half. But, it really shouldn't be my firmware I don't think because I have played soul silver just fine on here before (with the AP patch applied) and it worked just fine. Now, I understand that I need a clean rom with no AP patch applied and I got one, but when I tried to patch it via your mediafire link nothing happened until I clicked the actual Patch application in the folder. I wait a long time after pressing apply patch but nothing happens until I execute "Patch" which is in the folder. And then it immediately says Patch is completed! But when I go to check, it seems no changes have occured and its the original game...But I've only played this to the first badge only to realize its the original game and not your neosilver.

Ugh. I don't even know if my explanation made sense but yeah...I'm going to try and fix this but can you give me an early sign on a noticable change? I don't want to play through the game to the first badge every time just so I'm sure the patch didn't work. Maybe something you changed with the early dialogue or even the first wild pokemon we see just so I can try something new to make the patch work?

P.S.
If you would go out of your way just to upload an already patched version of neosilver on to any website and give me a private link via PM, I would LOVE that. Of course you could delete it after I downloaded it, probably not a good idea to keep it up for too long.
Whew...You wrote a lot, dude.

Anyways, after looking over what you wrote. I think I know what's happening here. Alright, sometimes; especially for me, when you select your rom and the patch's inside the xdelta Gui program, it won't patch, when you click apply patch. Okay, when this happen. Get rid any other extra extension that was added when you selected the rom and patch.

Here's an example on what I mean, and I'm gonna use my computer:

Before: This is how it should look, when you first select the patch & rom for the first time:
C:\Users\Antoine.Williams\Desktop\4th & 5th Gen Pokemon Mod Collection\Pokemon Neo SoulSilver Ver 3.0\Neo Soul Version 3.patch
C:\Users\Antoine.Williams\Desktop\4th & 5th Gen Pokemon Mod Collection\Pokemon Neo SoulSilver Ver 3.0\4781 - Pokemon SoulSilver (U)(Xenophobia).nds

After, get rid any extra extension that was previously added, when selecting patch and rom...that it'll look like this afterward:
Neo Soul Version 3.patch
4781 - Pokemon SoulSilver (U)(Xenophobia).nds

Then click apply patch...It should patch. This how I have to patch it on my computer, too. Also, make sure that you have framework installed in your computer...Otherwise xDelta Gui won't work...PERIOD!!!!

Also the 'Patch' Application is the rudolph's patch. Hm, maybe I shoulda rename that so people can stop getting confused by it. :P
If it doesn't work, even after showing you this...just...hit me back, kay?

P.S.
chck if the game works in an emu first then try it on the R4 card
Oh, yeah...You could also do what flygon had suggested...Um, I'm not too hands-on with the r4 thingy. I only use emulators, cuz I'm too cheap to by an actual DS. LOL
Sorry for yet another question, but is there a way we can view all the exact changes? I want to see if any of my favorite NU pokemon got boosted and I haven't noticed any Wordpad in the download for it or anything on the original post, but maybe I am blind? :P

It's okay, it seems like a legit question...

And yeah, there's a way to see all the changes. Just go and download PPRE from the projectpokemon forums. It's show pretty much everything; wild Pokemon locations, moveset, stats and abilites changes...Even TM/HM compatibles. It show pretty much all...Well, except for the item changes I did...Anyways, you didn't notice a wordpad, cuz I didn't write any docs for this game, I didn't think it was worth it, especially considering you can see most of the stuff thru PPRE; like I mention before. ;)

Anyways, thanks for trying out my game...If you have any more question, just swing here...And I'll try my best to be your provider of answers...Unless, I think it's dumb. LOL

Marth16

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I have a problem with this patch, every time I leave Mr. Pokemon's house and the prof calls, my screen went black.
Is there a way to fix it?

Twanny Bizzle-Th

OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I have a problem with this patch, every time I leave Mr. Pokemon's house and the prof calls, my screen went black.
Is there a way to fix it?
Hm, that sounds like a classic anti-piracy trigger to me, dude. My rom also did that, when I first started playing soulsilver too. I'm talking about the regular game. LOL

Anyways, did you make sure to apply the rudolph patch...which is included...in the archive? Also, if you're playing on a r4 device...thingy...I have no idea how to help, as I only use emulators.

Bobbykimchee

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey there, great stuff (:
I was wondering.... Are all the prizes at the Pokeathlon the same? And if so, do I need a national dex to aquire dusk/shiny/dawn stones?
Another question... I was wondering... where do you find a magmar and feebas? Sorry for pestering bro, but thanks! :D

Twanny Bizzle-Th

OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Hey there, great stuff (:
I was wondering.... Are all the prizes at the Pokeathlon the same? And if so, do I need a national dex to aquire dusk/shiny/dawn stones?
Another question... I was wondering... where do you find a magmar and feebas? Sorry for pestering bro, but thanks! :D
Yeah, so thanks for playing my game, dude.

And no...I mean, yeah...LOL...All the prizes in the Pokeathlon are all still the same...On account, the Pokeathlon lags like da shit on my no$gba emulator. But nah, you won't need the national dex to find dusk stone/shiny stone/dawn stone...or any stones for that matter. They're usually laid around in the overworld...some peoples even give you stones. Like the Fisherman inside the Union Cave Pokemon Center. He'll give you three water stones...Even tho, I forgot to change his dialogue. :\

As for your other question...You can catch Feebas by surfing in the 2nd floor of the Union Cave and you can catch Magby & Magmar in da Burned Tower. I added Magby, cuz its more common than Magmar.

Bobbykimchee

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Haha no man, thanks for making this game! Finally something challenging :D
Ohhh, I see, I see... It's gonna require some patience then.. Ohh I see.. I'm guessing it's pretty simple to get stones unlike the original soul silver?
Hmmm, is feebas as hard to catch as he was in Ruby/Sapphire? Cuz that was seriously a pain in the ass... Oh alright, i'll check it out! Thanks so much man :D

Twanny Bizzle-Th

OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Haha no man, thanks for making this game! Finally something challenging :D
Ohhh, I see, I see... It's gonna require some patience then.. Ohh I see.. I'm guessing it's pretty simple to get stones unlike the original soul silver?
Hmmm, is feebas as hard to catch as he was in Ruby/Sapphire? Cuz that was seriously a pain in the ass... Oh alright, i'll check it out! Thanks so much man :D
Yep. It's all about touching every Pokeball you run into...cuz I didn't write down all the items I changed. LOL Straight lazy on my part, dude. :D

...But I can assure you, they're alot of new obtainable items on here...It's just like what you said, it requires patience.

As for Feebas, naw, it's pretty easy to catch. Soon as you beat Morty, go back to Union Cave and start surfing around the second floor. They're the most common water dwelling Pokemon there. And their levels will be between 20 and such, once finding. I think Feebas evolves with the Dawn Stone, btw.

And no, thank you...Thanks for tryin' out meh game. ;)

Bobbykimchee

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
LOL just felt like changing it and didn't write anything down, eh?
Hmmm, I look forward to finding all the new items. This is pretty exciting, I must say (:
I seee, I see. I shall try give it a shot. But thanks for the info man! Helps a lot :D Oh one more question... Do you know where to catch a sneasal or a murkrow? :D
Haha np np! I have to say, this game is very well made. Are you currently working working on any other remakes? :D

Twanny Bizzle-Th

OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
LOL just felt like changing it and didn't write anything down, eh?
Hmmm, I look forward to finding all the new items. This is pretty exciting, I must say (:
I seee, I see. I shall try give it a shot. But thanks for the info man! Helps a lot :D Oh one more question... Do you know where to catch a sneasal or a murkrow? :D
Haha np np! I have to say, this game is very well made. Are you currently working working on any other remakes? :D
Yeah, man...I was just straight lazy on that. :P And because of that, I couldn't even tell you where one new item is located. LOL
But yeah, ya know, the surprise is into itself...Espeically, when you actually encountering a new item on da overworld, tho. :)

Anyways, as for your question...

Murkrow live on Route 35 Night it's very common, so it shouldn't take long to find one.
Sneasel live in Ice Patch Night on all Floor...But it's more common on the first floor.

Well, I'm currently trying to finish a new version on Yin Black/Yang White; the older version is already available for DL. And I have another completed hack...It's called Sol Platinum...It's somewhere on here...I just don't...talk about it...that much. :P

And thanks for sayin' that, I did work hard on it, to make it as enjoyable as possible, ya know. And no prob, bruh, I was more than happy to help you out. I'm always up into answering questions...that I know the answers to. LOL

Buzzyking

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Could someone help me? After i get through applying all these patchs like the rudolphs pacth on my copy of soulsilver ill be able to play for a while then the game crashes but i saved recently before that so i wasnt really worried at that time so i re-open no$gba thinking id could start from where i left off but there was no save game it was gone could u tell me any solutions for this problem

Piikar

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I need help!
This hack sounds pretty amazing but the game always freezes and blacks out whenever I use the pokegear.
I tried everything from using different roms to patching the rom with the Rudolph file first but still nothing has worked!!!

Twanny Bizzle-Th

OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Hey all sorry for da late replies. I'm gonna hit up everybody who posted something here. :)

hey bro one question dos SS cheats work on this one as being the original version of it ?
It should work...But I can't be for certain, since I don't use cheat code on HGSS.

Can I battle a retail pokemon Soul Silver? Or does the patch still not work on flashcards?
It should work on flashcards? But if you're asking me have I tested to see...Then...Nope, on account I don't have a real DS to do the testing on. LOL

Also, if you're asking can if you play my hack against regular soulsilver games...Then...I dunno.
Uh...I mean, I would guess, but I did increase the Pokemon stats and altered their types. If you're battling pokemon from a regular copy, wouldn't it be like...detected or something? Like I said, I wouldn't know.

I need help!
This hack sounds pretty amazing but the game always freezes and blacks out whenever I use the pokegear.
I tried everything from using different roms to patching the rom with the Rudolph file first but still nothing has worked!!!
Question: What are you playing this rom on? Flashcard? Emulator, what? I need to know this before helping you...Also, if it a flashcard...I'm sorry, the hell if I know what to do, as I told you...I don't use those thingys...LOL

But if it's an emulator...I probably can help. If it's No$gba...I made a tutorial of me loading Neo Soulsilver on the emulator I posted somewhere on this thread.

You could try following that...Or anybody who's using that emulator.

Twanny Bizzle-Th

OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
you bro how to save file in nozoomer....i am stuck
huh? Well, you save like you usually save your game, man. Nothing special.

...Well, unless you're talkin' save states, then you can't do those on No$zoomer.

EDIT: Oh, I gotta a new Neo Soul logo on da first page. It was made by Pedro...*mumbles* something...off of pokecommunity. LOL

flygon12345

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
India

...Well, unless you're talkin' save states, then you can't do those on No$zoomer.

EDIT: Oh, I gotta a new Neo Soul logo on da first page. It was made by Pedro...*mumbles* something...off of pokecommunity. LOL
nice .... between played the game great ..i have the lp ready too but i have to just edit them and then upload it...and i dont know when i would do that but the whole game upto the e4 of kanto is recorded

Twanny Bizzle-Th

OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States

nice .... between played the game great ..i have the lp ready too but i have to just edit them and then upload it...and i dont know when i would do that but the whole game upto the e4 of kanto is recorded
Oh, cool. That's good to hear. And thanks for saying that...But...Um...I sorta forgot that you said that you were gonna make one...A LP, that is. :P
Well, anyways...Whatever. Whenever it's up...I'll watch it. :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/BiY0vNuu1eg?si=0nwmSHWeLkfcJJ__