(SoulSilver Mod) Pokemon Neo SoulSilver

Discussion in 'NDS - ROM Hacking and Translations' started by Twanny Bizzle-Th, Sep 8, 2010.

Sep 8, 2010
  1. Twanny Bizzle-Th
    OP

Member Twanny Bizzle-Th GBAtemp Regular

Somewhere pulling my pants up. I need a belt. :\
    United States
    Hello, everybody, it's me, Bizzle-Da bandit.

Alright enough with the small talk, time to get straight to the point. Today we're here to discuss the release of my third version of SS mod...Just read what the logo says.

Image made by Pedro

[​IMG]

Da Rom's Intel
    Game which was used to edited: Pokémon SoulSilver (U)
    Language: Only current one right now is English (Make sure to you an America rom when patching this otherwise it won't work)
    Available Versions: Version 3
    When the Version Stops: Actually you can play the mod full through.
    Mod's Current Progress: I'll say at least 97-99 percent of everything have been edited...
    Mod's Patching File: http://www.mediafire...g21n28cn06nkn6r (Version 3.0)

Here's version 3's log:

~Freeze Fixes: This includes- Goldenrod City Radio Tower, Violet City, when the man gives you a Miracle Seed and when meeting Baoba; the Safari Zone guy, for the first time.

~New Items can be found all throughout Johto/Kanto Regions. This also means some people might give you different items than what they usually give you.

~All Event Pokemon are now on new levels when encountering. Example: Sudowoodo will be on Level 25 now.

~Some Gym Leaders also gives out new TM when beating them. Of course, I had to change the dialogue, so it'll match up the TM they give them. If you find any dialogue that doesn't make with the item the NPC gives...please tell me, cuz I fix this.

~Even more new dialogue: Yep. I added a few more dialogue; hopefully you'll find it funny. I also repointed summa da messed up dialogue I did in my previous version

~I did a complete overhaul on the Pokemon stats and moveset: I pretty much completely revamped almost every Pokemon def and off stats and moveset, so it'll be a bit more balance...(All starters now have two abilities)

~All Stone Pokemon now have their very own moveset pool. Most every Pokemon have an increased moveset; with the exception of Legendaries...

~Harder Trainers/Gym Leader: Every trainer...even the weakest of trainer, should at least be able put up some sorta fight. I jack up their AI...And this time, I actually did it. LOL

~Also included with the patch is the Rudolph's AP patch, so you can patch it your game, before patching my...um, well...patch.
    Anyways, I hope this urge you all to give my hack/mod…whatever a try.

~Before Patching your game~

Now just so you know, the patch file is Gui type and you're gonna need to have Microsoft .Net Framework install in your computer to use xdeltaGUI patcher. This is where I got mine from: http://www.microsoft...ails.aspx?id=19

Also, make sure that you patch the Ruldolph Patch to a clean Soulsilver rom, before ACTUALLY patching my patch to the game. That's the only you can play this without any freezes.

For all of those who want to play with the National Dex at the beginning of the game; I'll suggest downloading PokeGen and activating your Pokedex through your save file. It works, I test it. Oh, one more thing make sure in your battery folder that the savefile size is 512KB otherwise Pokegen probably won't be able to open the file.

~Now, to tell you all what's features included in this mod...For all those who are curious.~

First, I suppose I should explain what difference I did from the original game. First of all, I've add slightly new dialogue, basically only menu stuff and things the Poke Mart Clerks and Nurse Joy says. I've also changed some of thing said during Pokemon Battle.

I also changed some of the HGSS Pokemon sprite. Mostly, I just switched their stationary sprite with their moving sprite, but they're still good nonetheless. I've also customized a few Hoenn Sprites (Spoink, Taillow, Numel, etc. There's just few in screenies down below), I think I did a good on them...If I say so myself, but I suppose it's up to you all to judge me.

Now, for the changes I did to the Pokemon. In this mod, you'll noticed that the Pokemon's stats has been slightly alter. Here, I give all a couple of example: Mareep base speed now 60, but once it evolves into Ampharos, it speed will drop below 60, but its Sp.Defense and Sp. Attack will soar.

Some Pokemon will have Special Abilities that they wouldn't usually have. Example: Phanpy with Huge Power, Chingling with Magic Guard and Spearow with Anger Point or Gible with Inner Focus.

Some Pokemon will learn different attacks that don't usually learn on the real game. Like, Flaaffy with Swift, or like Mawile, who levels up learning all three elemental Fangs. There's a few more, like Wartortle, who learns Ice Fang when first evolving and Kirla who learns Psybeam when first evolving.

Some Pokemon learn, I would say, a whole new moveset pool. Here's a few: Delibird, who NOW actually worth training, on an account it learns some pretty decent attacks...And it's Special stat isn't all that bad, if you get my drift. Tyrouge, now his own set of attacks (Even though, it's still weak as hell), and it even evolves a new way, but we'll get into that later...Volbeat, Milotic.

I've even made my own new attack...even though it's just a replacement of an old attack (Razor Wind to be exact) I renamed the attack Malestrom; it's a Flying Type attack that take two turns (hence Razor Wind) deals 100 damage and has high ratio for 'CRITICAL HIT'! I'll just tell you one of the Pokemon that actually learns Malestrom-Xatu...But remember its not the only one that does.

~Here's a couple of things that were added in Pokemon Neo SoulSilver Version 2 (This is still included in Version 3...DUH)~

Some Pokemon attack moves strength have been increase to match the move strength off Pokemon Black & White. Example: On the HGSS Petal Dance usually takes 90 damage, but on Black & White its takes 120 damage...So, that's how much it takes on this mod. Except Tackle, it still takes 35.

Also, I increased attacks that I thought was just too weak; Mega Drain now take 55 and Absorb now takes 40. Leech Life takes 30, Poison Sting, as well. Now, when getting hit by Hyper Voice, there's a chance your Sp. Defense might fall and Vicegrip; when getting hit by that, there's a chance your defense might fall. Needle Arm takes 80 and Poison Tail take 75. Attacks like Lock-On and Mind Reader are repectively Steel and Psychic Type moves. Spike Cannon is now a Steel Type attack. I think there's more, but I can't remember.

Also, I edited a few in-game dialogue, mostly the junk at the beginning and Silver's first battle; there's more, but it's up to you to find it tho.

Also, added in (v2) I added a couple of Black and White sprites. Mainly Hoenn Region Sprites, with a few customized sprite; such as my Lombre sprite, you just go to check it out, it's awesome. I also got some up-to-date screenies, but I think I'll wait before posting them up in this thread.

Also, Gym Leader, Elite Four and Lance, all of their rematches has been edited and should be able to put up a decent fight against your Pokemon. I also finished editing Bell Tower and Mt. Silver...I dare ya to go inside Mt. Silver the Pokemon levels in there, deep in, is insanely high...I'm talking Lv 80+

Now for wild Pokemon differences

Well, obviously all Pokemon are available, even the non-regional starter Pokemon! All the Water-Type Pokemon that appear in the sea and during fishing (Good Rod, only) are all available. (Johto Only)

Unfortunately, I didn't edited the Water-Types that dwell inside cave area, there's just a hand-full currently, and NO I'm not going to disclose which caves you can find'em!

Every Pokemon that appears in grassy area have been completely edited in the wild, it goes without saying that this rule applies to both Kanto and Johto Region! Except for Route 48, everytime I'll pull it up on PPRE nothing would ever be displayed there. I fixed this problem. I edited Route 48...via hex.

Every cave area have been edited in the Johto Region, with the exception of Bell Tower, I was gonna wait until the 2nd Version to finally edited. Bell Tower has now been successfully edited.

I'll say about 90 percent of the Kanto Region cave area have be edited, the only place that I didn't edited was Mt. Silver (Outside and Inside) That cave's really is really a pain in the ass, when editing it. It's just so painstakingly long, so many floor in that dungeon. Mt. Silver has now been successfully edited

Here's a little info, if you want to find Heart Scales, catch wild Eevee. They live around route 36 (day, only), don't forget to collect them. There's a whole lot of Pokemon that have Heart Scales moves on this mod; Mamoswine, Arbok, all the starters except for Meganuim, and all the Eevee evolution stages.

~Now moving on to Battle situations: Johto Gym Leader Walkthrough/Kanto Gym Leader Walkthrough~

I've edited majority of all the trainer's battle on this mod; Gym Leaders Elite Four, and Champ-Lance (Who's, harder than holy hell now, trust me) Field-Trainers, Rival (Silver) It goes without saying that I've includes both Kanto and Johto Regions. (Wait, I just said it, didn't I)

In this mod, all the trainers, gym leaders (Kanto and Johto) Elite Four Members and Lance in this game AI value have been increased...They should be able to put up a better challenge this time around...hopefully. I did find away to make them smarter...I

Now for a small and short Gym Leader Walkthrough (Second Update)

If you don't want to see what I've got here, you don't have to worry about...That's why we the spoiler button for. Check it out

Warning: Spoilers inside!

I decided to put Silver's battle walkthrough on a seperate section then the Gym Leader section. Okay, please jot down...Oh, my bad you're gonna have to click the spoiler button to acess the walkthrough.

Here's the Pokemon Evolution summary. Once again, if don't want to see it, don't click the spoiler button.

I'm really reconsider changing some of the evolution, mostly the one's that evo with friendship evolution. I think I made too many of them evolved that way.

And now to end this wonderful post and a couple screenies...once again, it's spoilers.

Programs I used to make this Mod possible
    PPRE 0.14 (Obviously! I used this for mostly everything)
    Paint (For the customizing of the sprites)
    PokepicDSPlatinum (For updating the modified sprites into narc. file it's a/0/1/4 something...I think. Ah, shit whatever)
    NitroExplorer (For extracting the updated narc files back into the rom)
    thenewpoketext (Pretty much self-explanatory, right)
    No$Gba 2.6a (For beta-testing the mod)
    Pokemon SoulSilver (It was the rom I used)
    And AttackEditorDS (For editing some of the attack move's type)

Don't forget to report all bugs here, thank you!

That's all for today...Stay tune for anymore updates.

2. Krobelus

Member Krobelus GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    You know.. you could have just updated your first topic instead of recreating another.

In any case, this looks good. I'll give it a try sooner or later. I like how you changed farfetched into flying/fighting.

3. AcekardFan

Member AcekardFan GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I'm Going To Try This Right now

4. Twanny Bizzle-Th
    OP

United States
    ah, snap! I even didn't think of that. I should of done that. is there anyway of merging those two posts together?

anyways, thanks man, I hope you decide to play it sooner...rather than LATER! Really, you liked that I changed it type, I thought other peoples would of found that...off-putting

5. Twanny Bizzle-Th
    OP

United States
    COOL!!!!!!!!!! Don't forget to send meh some feedback!

6. Soulshine

Newcomer Soulshine Advanced Member

United States
    This one doesn't freeze, right?

7. Krobelus

Member Krobelus GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    haha it actually might be later than sooner, since I don't tend to play hacks very much.

One other thing you could do is change the flying/normal types to just flying. I kept Doduo/Dodrio as Flying/Normal though because technically they're not flying and they're still on the ground.

8. Twanny Bizzle-Th
    OP

United States
    Hopefully...Wait, you're saying others do? Cuz, I've patched and been playing HackGold (Haven't gotten very far, tho) and that hasn't mess up on me, yet!

Hmm......Well, you are gonna have to patch it to a fresh rom, to even get the patch to work...Oh, but before ACTUALLY applying the patch make sure you patch it with the Rudolph first, cuz the Rudolph thing won't work if the game's already been patched beforehand.

If have any problems you can always report it back to me, I'll see what I can do to help you.

9. Twanny Bizzle-Th
    OP

United States
    hmmmm....interesting...I might really consider that. Oh, and don't worry I was only joking, I don't want to force my game you. Anyways, Thanks for replying back.

10. Twanny Bizzle-Th
    OP

United States
    um, added the kanto gym walkthrough, check it out!
    that's all for today

11. Urchin

Newcomer Urchin Member

United Kingdom
    I've playtested on the EDGE, it works, nice work

Also i was wonderin' if you can add new characters and stuff to the game also, I made a sprite form of 'me' and a battle one also - might be nice if they got ingame
    (Note: Sprite looks nothing like me but he still looks okay)

12. Twanny Bizzle-Th
    OP

United States
    Hey man, thanks for playin'! You haven't encountered any problem since then, have you?

Anyways, I'm gonna PM you about the changing of the overworld/in-game sprite thing!

13. shlong

Member shlong in memoriam of gravitas

Italy
    Hmm, this look quite interesting.
    There's a button on the bottom right of each of your posts...'edit' use that to update previous post instead of triple posting [​IMG] [​IMG]

14. Melly Pix

Member Melly Pix Gbatemp's Lady Vulpix

Canada
    I'll admit the evolution process changes are fantastic!
    But may I suggest you change the happiness evolutions?
    You have quite a few of them, and I personally found happiness to be one of the more painful processes to evolving.
    I'm not saying it's difficult, I'm just saying evolutions such as machoke to machamp, or haunter to gengar would feel more right if they evolved through levels at like 36 or 37.

evolution via leveling is much more enjoyable than evolution via happiness IMO.

otherwise, great work!

15. Twanny Bizzle-Th
    OP

United States
    Thank you all for the wonderful comment! Stay tune for an update...not a version update, sadly. [​IMG]

But a walkthrough update tomorrow for the Pokemon Silver uses on this hack. And I'm also revealing the Pokemon the Elite Four uses.

@zeldamoron You're right, man.

...Now that I look more closely at it...Too many of the Pokemon do evolve with friendship evo...I'll be sure to fix that on the next version. Thanks for the suggestion...

16. marcus69

Newcomer marcus69 Member

Italy
    good :-)

17. Raykasha

Newcomer Raykasha Newbie

United States
    Twanny Bizzle-The Bandit

Man your hack is great no bugs so far, can I request to make a patch for flashcart I try it on wood r4 version 1.1 and Ys menu does not work It much playable that way.

18. Twanny Bizzle-Th
    OP

United States
    Hey thanks for playin'

Since this doesn't work on Flashcarts, I'm just gonna assume that you're playin on some sorta emulator.

But getting back to your real question: I have no idea how to integrate my mod to flashcarts. You see, and how sad it might seems, I never played on a flashcart or for that matter on any R4 thingys. I only play on emulators...you know, like ideaz, dessume and No$gba and stuff...

If you know...no...let me rephrase that, if anybody know of a way of making this mod work on flashcarts....plz tell what I'm 'posed to do.

19. Twanny Bizzle-Th
    OP

United States
    thanks [​IMG]

20. 727

Member 727 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    I appreciate the effort but Oddshadow has already released a hack months ago with basically every feature you included so your really just wasting your time trying to replicate what's already been hacked.