Soulja Boy Claims to Own Atari

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Can't be bothered to watch it but given the rights situation of both the company involved and games on the system, and the company owning it in recent times seems to be willing to attach the name to most things it is not actually implausible he could get something. Granted the company with the name right now has if not good PR then vaguely competent that would surely have seen some kind of PR statement/release on the matter.

Reactions: Ryccardo

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Oops.

No, he's probably legit.

I owned it until recently, but then I threw the company in the trash. Yyyyeaahh...I know the name still has some value (I admit: it was nostalgia for me), but at one point you have to choice between, say, your one year old daughter and owning a video game company that was great half a century ago.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I wonder if he was hoping they would just play along or something? Like, this is a weird claim since it’s easily debunkable through a simple Google search or just checking Atari’s twitter.

Reactions: Xzi

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Owning a company doesn't make you the CEO... This tweet doesn't make his saying wrong on any level.
The onus is on him to prove ownership, which would require showing proof of more than a 50% stake in Atari SA, a French holding company which is publicly traded. Let's not pretend this is the first time he's made ridiculous claims just for attention, either. He needs this kind of controversy to try to stay relevant, unlike Lil Nas X, for example, who is extremely good at marketing himself.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://youtu.be/5eLWoy0fFkc?si=1vvQ_2zAUlF1ThoD