Hacking SOS Please help acekard 2i ver 4.0.0.7E won't work

bek76

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
hi everyone, hoping someone can help, we haven't used the 3ds for ages and im now realising its because my son updated the firmware and it won't work anymore - An error has occurred. Press and hold the POWER button etc so we are unable to play any games using this card. I haven't had to play around with this for ages either so I have absolutely no idea how to fix it and am out of practice. If anyone could help me it would be greatly appreciated as his dsiXL has stopped working and he wants to play this one in the holidays. Thanks so much.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you have access to another DS that the Acekard presently works on, then you can run the latest update file while your Acekard is running on that DS to make your Acekard compatible with any 3DS that's on version 4.3 or lower.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
unfortunately his dsiXL has stopped working last night actually when we turn it on the button flashes once and goes dead so I think its broken so we don't have another to do that with unfortunately :(

You either need to find another DS that the Acekard still presently works with, or you need to buy a new DS or flashcart.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
acekard isnt compatible with the newest firmwares anymore, you need another flashcard

no acekard2i will not work u will have to buy another flashcart acekard is dead for anything other then a ds/dslite i sugest u buy a r4i from

http://www.zhuzhuchina.com/store/pr..._0_compatible_wood_rev_c_rts_max_1_piece.html

Let me reiterate the point that you only need to buy a new flashcart if you don't have access to another DS you can use to update your Acekard. If you can update your Acekard, then it can be made to work with 3DS version 4.3.0-10 and anything lower.

It is true, however, that the Acekard will likely never be able to work with anything higher than 4.3.0-10 (the most current 3DS version is 6.1.0-12 at the time of this post). If you plan on using a flashcart with your 3DS for the foreseeable future, it is recommended you buy a new flashcart like the Supercard DSTWO (best) or R4i Gold 3DS (good), or get a DS/DSLite that will forever work with the Acekard. New 3DS games will require you to update your 3DS to whatever the latest software is at the time.

I personally use my Acekard with my DS and only use my 3DS with 3DS games.

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hi everyone, hoping someone can help, we haven't used the 3ds for ages and im now realising its because my son updated the firmware and it won't work anymore - An error has occurred. Press and hold the POWER button etc so we are unable to play any games using this card. I haven't had to play around with this for ages either so I have absolutely no idea how to fix it and am out of practice. If anyone could help me it would be greatly appreciated as his dsiXL has stopped working and he wants to play this one in the holidays. Thanks so much.

like i said buy a new flashcart

bek76

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Let me reiterate the point that you only need to buy a new flashcart if you don't have access to another DS you can use to update your Acekard. If you can update your Acekard, then it can be made to work with 3DS version 4.3.0-10 and anything lower.

It is true, however, that the Acekard will likely never be able to work with anything higher than 4.3.0-10 (the most current 3DS version is 6.1.0-12 at the time of this post). If you plan on using a flashcart with your 3DS for the foreseeable future, it is recommended you buy a new flashcart like the Supercard DSTWO (best) or R4i Gold 3DS (good), or get a DS/DSLite that will forever work with the Acekard. New 3DS games will require you to update your 3DS to whatever the latest software is at the time.

I personally use my Acekard with my DS and only use my 3DS with 3DS games.

Ok I have found another dsi to use but not sure what to do, I have the update on the acekard2i how to I make it update on another dsi? sorry for being dumb but i haven't done this for years and very out of practice -ak2ifw_update_3ds43_dsi144_onDSi_DSXL_3DS.nds this is the update I have, which I think is right?

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In the Acekard menu, just run that file and let the update finish. Then it should work on your 3DS if it's on a system version at or lower than 4.3.0.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I can imagine it would work fine