Hacking modded switch stuck on black screen, need help

JP1983

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm hoping that someone can help me. My modded switch is stuck on a black screen and I can't seem to get it to power on. I'm not sure if it's permanently broken, but I'm hoping there's some way to resuscitate it. For the past six months, my switch had been sitting unused due to my having some health problems. I believe it was sitting on this screen for most of that time:

https://www.cfwaifu.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/04/switch-emunand-hekate-emummc.jpg

I remember trying to download Nintendo Switch Sports and it not working (something about it insisting on downloading an update). Eventually the switch was removed from power and it completely drained the power. When I connect it to the dock, the green light only briefly turns on. I've tried plugging it into a power outlet overnight. But when I press the power switch in the morning, it doesn't respond. I've read that the black screen where the switch is expecting a payload is indistinguishable from the switch being off, but I suspect it's been disconnected long enough that that might not be the problem. I've tried holding the power button for 30 seconds while it was connected to power. I'm really lost what to try next. And if it seems like my switch is bricked, that's fine - I'd just like someone smarter than me to confirm it. It's been a while since I first modded my switch and I'm not particularly knowledgeable about this. So, I appreciate if anyone can help. My health has recently improved and was hoping to spend time with my son playing games again.

I've tried searching the forums here and youtube, but I don't know if there's something obvious I'm missing

JP1983

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
What model switch?
model number on the back says HAC-001

Inject a payload through TegraRCM and see if it boots
but it doesn't seem to have power. Don't I need to have charged it in order to inject a payload? (sorry, I'm really naive about this stuff). Even when I connect to my pc, there doesn't seem to be power.

djcraze

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
model number on the back says HAC-001

but it doesn't seem to have power. Don't I need to have charged it in order to inject a payload? (sorry, I'm really naive about this stuff). Even when I connect to my pc, there doesn't seem to be power.
Have you tried pressing and holding the power button for 30 seconds? This will ensure it is 100% powered off. Does your modchip have any LED indicator lights that you can see through the vent grill at the bottom? That might help diagnose what's going on.

JP1983

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Have you tried pressing and holding the power button for 30 seconds? This will ensure it is 100% powered off. Does your modchip have any LED indicator lights that you can see through the vent grill at the bottom? That might help diagnose what's going on.
I don't think it has a chip. There wasn't any physical changes done to the switch. I think it was soft modded? I have to inject a payload whenever it restarts using a jumper tool. I did try holding power for 30 seconds but there was no effect.

djcraze

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't think it has a chip. There wasn't any physical changes done to the switch. I think it was soft modded? I have to inject a payload whenever it restarts using a jumper tool. I did try holding power for 30 seconds but there was no effect.
Are you remembering to use the joycon rail jig?

Ohh, my bad. I take it you have RCM mode enabled? It sounds like your switch needs power. If you have RCM mode enabled, hold power for 30 seconds, then plug the Switch in to power overnight. Then press and hold power for 30 seconds again, wait a second, press power again, and inject your payload.

sudeki300

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Are you remembering to use the joycon rail jig?

Ohh, my bad. I take it you have RCM mode enabled? It sounds like your switch needs power. If you have RCM mode enabled, hold power for 30 seconds, then plug the Switch in to power overnight. Then press and hold power for 30 seconds again, wait a second, press power again, and inject your payload.
they already tried this, it's all in the first post

djcraze

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
they already tried this, it's all in the first post
They weren't specific about wether or not they actually held down power for 30 seconds and then plugged it in over night. Or if they pushed power, waited a bit, then left it overnight charging.

sudeki300

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
They weren't specific about wether or not they actually held down power for 30 seconds and then plugged it in over night. Or if they pushed power, waited a bit, then left it overnight charging.
not sure which post you was reading but they put " I've tried holding the power button for 30 seconds while it was connected to power" which is pretty specific.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-