Status
Not open for further replies.

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
WiiBricker said:
Obviously we all have our biases, but I personally think you are attacking Sony without any base. Why would a company that depends on customers not worry about the security of their informatio­n? Purdue Professor Dr. Eugene Spafford said that Sony knew that had vulnerabil­ities in their Apache servers. Google's cache from March 23 shows the server in question displaying the banner for 2.2.17 of Apache which is the most current secure version of Apache.

"I have no informatio­n about what protection­s they had in place, although some
news reports indicate that Sony was running software that was badly out of date, and had
been warned about that risk," said Spafford during the eCommerce conference that was held in regards to consumer informatio­n security. Places like CNN, MSNBC, and even the Huffington Post spread that rumor as fact when the facts are actually against you. The exact same thing happened regarding the "plain text" credit card informatio­n which was also false. To assume that this couldn't happen to anyone else is ignorant and constantly shoving down a company because of it, doesn't help anyone, including your credibilit­y. They had adequate security, both via client and server.

Sony is providing insurance up to a million dollars and a 12 month identity fraud protection gratis. That is more than any other company has ever given.

Stringer has a reason to be mad, mad at the hackers for attacking his company and customers and at the media for spinning the facts.

+10

+10000

Some people may not believe it, but Sony isn't the antichrist in disguise. Thanks for finding that quote.

jerome27 said:
QUOTE(Nathan Drake @ May 25 2011, 11:45 PM) I laughed a little about how selective that last quote was. I enjoyed how you left how the fact how I said the PSN security wasn't good. Selective reading ftw? amirite?

You are acting like Sony is the only company on the planet to have ever screwed up. Tons of companies are arrogant, have had to recall goods, have had many issues with goods, have ripped off others, etc. People just target Sony because they are big. What makes them worse than that smaller company that has screwed up in the same ways?

I also laughed at the sleeper agent thing, as you were so very obviously implying myself. Trolling and flaming must be imbedded in the way some of the people post here.

Just gonna say; Sony thinks that information may have been stolen. As of yet, nothing has actually come of that.

I laughed a little about how personally you are taking the attacks against sony. Its almost like you're getting paid to say this stuff. Because honestly, no fanboy could ever be this crazy.

I'm not taking the attacks personally, although it seems you took what I said personally. Troll harder man. I'm not feeling it yet.

TheDarkSeed

I'm a pretentious sack of shit
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Eckin said:
TheDarkSeed said:
Like a friend of mine wants Sega to make a next gen system in the event that sony fails as a company. He said it would be called The NextGenesis lol!
It's the Dreamcast 2

Sega's got a plan. They're secretly developing a new Seaman plus Power Stone 3 and a second Gundam. And they'll fix that laser and the crazy loud fan.

Available for Christmas in 3010.
troll%20icon.png
Really? Well I'll be on the look out for that.

jerome27

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nathan Drake said:
I'm not taking the attacks personally, although it seems you took what I said personally. Troll harder man. I'm not feeling it yet.

You're obviously taking this very personally.

But hey, that's your job.

Just looking at your post count. You have written over 1,300 posts in a mere couple of months. There are people who have been on this forum for 10 years who haven't made that many posts. And guess what? All your posts are fanboy spin.

But yeah, I think calling everyone who disagrees with you a troll proves you have great debating skills. You should also start calling us all "big doody heads" and "liar liar pants on fire." Playground tactics always work well in a debate. Am I right?

I mean come on, you're supporting a company that paid a kid to go online and say things about the Wii like "shove it up your ass yo." Only then to come around and rip off the same product they were once trying to smear.

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nathan Drake said:
WiiBricker said:
Obviously we all have our biases, but I personally think you are attacking Sony without any base. Why would a company that depends on customers not worry about the security of their informatio­n? Purdue Professor Dr. Eugene Spafford said that Sony knew that had vulnerabil­ities in their Apache servers. Google's cache from March 23 shows the server in question displaying the banner for 2.2.17 of Apache which is the most current secure version of Apache.

"I have no informatio­n about what protection­s they had in place, although some
news reports indicate that Sony was running software that was badly out of date, and had
been warned about that risk," said Spafford during the eCommerce conference that was held in regards to consumer informatio­n security. Places like CNN, MSNBC, and even the Huffington Post spread that rumor as fact when the facts are actually against you. The exact same thing happened regarding the "plain text" credit card informatio­n which was also false. To assume that this couldn't happen to anyone else is ignorant and constantly shoving down a company because of it, doesn't help anyone, including your credibilit­y. They had adequate security, both via client and server.

Sony is providing insurance up to a million dollars and a 12 month identity fraud protection gratis. That is more than any other company has ever given.

Stringer has a reason to be mad, mad at the hackers for attacking his company and customers and at the media for spinning the facts.

+10

+10000

Some people may not believe it, but Sony isn't the antichrist in disguise. Thanks for finding that quote.
Sony is a Multi Billion dollar company with millions of users. They are seemingly irresponsible with users information, and continue to play it off. They deserve to have repercussions now and not later. Also, can't software headers be faked?

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

You forgot the "hey, lets make it so our music cd's put a rootkit on our customer's computers. Then lets make a program that says it gets rid of it. Then lets bring out the real program, all while putting our customers at risk" point.

Nathan Drake

Trophies
XP
Country
jerome27 said:
Nathan Drake said:

You're obviously taking this very personally.

I don't enjoy your accusations with a lack of proof in all respects. Try again.

QUOTE said:
But hey, that's your job.

Uh...lolwut?

QUOTE said:
Just looking at your post count. You have written over 1,300 posts in a mere couple of months. There are people who have been on this forum for 10 years who haven't made that many posts. And guess what? All your posts are fanboy spin.

I think I've made maybe, I don't know 30 posts total regarding Sony. Of course, since my most recent posts have all been regarding Sony in a not totally negative image, I must work for them and have taken the time to infiltrate the internet knowing that competing with trolling idiots is a downright excellent tactic for handling things! Oh wai-

Try again.

But yeah, I think calling everyone who disagrees with you a troll proves you have great debating skills. You should also start calling us all "big doody heads" and "liar liar pants on fire." Playground tactics always work well in a debate. Am I right?

I'm trolling? I stand by everything I said and gladly look forward to corrections from others if I happen to be inaccurate. I honestly don't understand who you are, or where your broken opinion is coming from.

I mean come on, you're supporting a company that paid a kid to go online and say things about the Wii like "shove it up your ass yo." Only then to come around and rip off the same product they were once trying to smear.

Yeah, I'm sure that has totally been proven and wasn't just one of those rumors people like to believe are fact. It must have been so big that...oh wait...what the hell are you even talking about?

The Playstation Move has already been proven a fail anyways, as has the Kinect. Neither device was able to compete in the motion control market that the Wii has made its own at this point. Whatever the point of bringing that up was, whatever. Other companies rip ideas off of each other all the time. It's called business strategies. Guess what! Samsung and Apple are accusing each other of...I bet you can't guess it...stealing designs and ideas from each other! But, you know, it is pretty uncommon and all.

Quit trying to troll me.

jerome27

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ShadowSoldier said:

You forgot the "hey, lets make it so our music cd's put a rootkit on our customer's computers. Then lets make a program that says it gets rid of it. Then lets bring out the real program, all while putting our customers at risk" point.

Yeah who can forget the wonderful root kit fiasco?

Great times...

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i hate to say but every moring i feel like i have a bad taste in my mouth. but every moring i get up i blame on sony. like this person oh the fugging hackers got away so i'm blaming the world!! so really dude go jump on your own couch and muk like rick james mitch!! but this is kinda getting dull with trolls doing poo so yeah... the only reason i got a ps3 is cause of the better fighters and i'll be damned if psn will make players pay to play online like xbox i hate xbox for two reasons 1. the contoller is a piece of crap. 2.pay for playing online. i mean come on mircosoft. are you being greedy? but enough about that. and what do people mean sony had rasict ad's what the? well... quote me if i'm wrong again.

Nathan Drake

Trophies
XP
Country
jerome27 said:
Nathan Drake said:
Stuff...

Quit trying to troll me.

tl:dr

There's those debate skills again.

And there's your wonderful ability to accurately respond to what another posts again. Your selective reading skills are phenomenal. Is there a class for that, or is a skill you have to be born with?
I think you need to find the definition of debate, contemplate it for awhile, strongly consider the meaning of life, head back to the definition of debate to be sure you understand it, then come back and give it another go.

Just gonna say though, I ? you. It is only every once in awhile I get the pleasure of meeting somebody such as yourself.

Edit: Holy mother of off topic. Lets fix this one guys.

jerome27

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nathan Drake said:
jerome27 said:
Nathan Drake said:
Stuff...

Quit trying to troll me.

tl:dr

There's those debate skills again.

And there's your wonderful ability to accurately respond to what another posts again. Your selective reading skills are phenomenal. Is there a class for that, or is a skill you have to be born with?

I think you need to find the definition of debate, contemplate it for awhile, strongly consider the meaning of life, head back to the definition of debate to be sure you understand it, then come back and give it another go.

Personal insults. Very classy!

A wise man once said "Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."

I tend to subscribe to this wise saying when it comes to dealing with obvious corporate shills on the internet.

Nathan Drake

Trophies
XP
Country
Anybody actually have anything to say regarding Sony at this point? Not sure how much longer this thread has with the troll up above this post going on and on and on.

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I still stand by my original assessment that
jerome27 is really SPH73

everything points in that direction
your posting style, constant flame baiting, creating threads that will just stir up problems
and not to mention you suddenly appeared when SPH73 was banned

this thread is really getting off topic, but I guess thats what you wanted

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what is the point of this debate? i'm confused if someone hates sony let it be if someone loves sony let it be. but interent fights are like winning a snail race not worth it...

DarkLG

Wow One Shiny Ribbon!!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For sony to blame people for their own mistake it pathetic at most. Sure hackers are the ones messing with their stuff but their the ones that had the so called "unhackable security" .

Nathan Drake

Trophies
XP
Country
DJPlace said:
what is the point of this debate? i'm confused if someone hates sony let it be if someone loves sony let it be. but interent fights are like winning a snail race not worth it...

I made the mistake of having an opinion about Sony that didn't include the unbroken sentence of "they should be hacked again."

All I really said was that Sony wasn't entirely to blame, you know, in more words than that. You can't stop a determined hacker, regardless of what you do.

Edit: Quick reminder; the post is the opinion of a single individual. Unless he owns Sony as a whole, his opinion shouldn't be used to represent Sony as a whole.

jerome27

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nathan Drake said:
Edit: Holy mother of off topic. Lets fix this one guys.

Yeah guys, listen to the kid who dragged this thread off topic in the first place.

Let's get back to how Stringer is right and were all wrong.

How were actually the ones to blame for the PSN fiasco.

And how we should all eat a big steaming bowl of sony's shit, like it, and ask for seconds.

I ,for one, support our glorious sony overlords. I would like to remind them that I can be useful rounding up dissenters and anyone else who disobeys their glorious new regime! Death to all the non believers!!

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
All those Sony haters seem to be idiots. Dont bite the hand that's feeding you. If Sony really went bankrupt after the shit these past months, it would have a big impact on the video game and electronic market, that we all love. Even EgoHot did admit that he actually likes the products of Sony.

Security is another story, which any company has to deal with. I bet my new shoes that the same hackers that hacked Sony are able to easily hack Nintendo, Microsoft or Apple as well, but they did not do that because they have nothing personal against those companies since they didnt sue hackers unlike Sony.

Sony is to blame for suing hackers, but that's it.

gamefreak94

GBAtemps (Un)Official Illogical Poster
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Ikki said:
I always hated this guy. He's a massive dick.

I hope this attracts some more hackers.
I know i'm going to get flamed for this but....
That's just dumb seriously.
That's like saying if someone was saying that everyone in this world are evil and are murderers, we should just go and slaughter everyone around him/her just to prove his/her point?
I know that what he said it's stupid but to want it to be worse? Who's the bigger asshole?
Also about the security breach, you guys act like Sony just left it out there for the whole world to see like they posted everyone's info on their facebook/twitter. If it is so easy, then i want to see if you guys can bypass Sony security.
Now I don't like this guy as much as you people, but to want it to be worst for Sony is just going too far. This guy is just one "big-shot" of the company, he doesn't represent all of Sony.
Now let the flaming begin ~.~

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Mondooooo @ Mondooooo: just look it up