Country
Egypt
I've always loved this subject anyway

Sony vs Nintendo

discuss which do you think is better, i'll start with:

psp.gif
vs
nds.gif

i'd say the ds's games are more fun than the psp's. but the psp has many many features that can beat the ds. Like it can emulate gba games and even ds games! also you can put movies etc... But the ds's games do have a new twist do them, the touch feature which makes it more fun the psp.

So results are:

DS PSP
wins loses (games section)
loses wins (More "usefellness")
loses wins (Overall)

discuss other consoles here.

Maikel Steneker

M3 Fanboy
Trophies
Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
I don't think you're right at all.

Firstly, I don't think the PSP can emulate DS games. Correct me if I'm wrong though.
Secondly, the PSP isn't more useful when you have a flashcart for your DS. It can play movies and music too.
Most important: the DS should win overall. You say the DS wins the games section. We're talking about handhelds here. They're made for gaming. The most important thing should be... games!

Pigwooly

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Any video game system wins or loses based on how fun it's games are. Nothing else really matters.

Side notes: PSP emulation of the DS is more or less pointless without two screens and touch screen support. You wouldn't be able to play the games in any kind of decent way.

.TakaM

.II
Trophies
Website
takam.wordpress.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
I've always hated this subject

well, I've always really just hated sony.
Never really liked their consoles, funny thing is the only games on sony consoles I like are the ones sony made themselves.
I hate their advertising, their attitude and business ethics.

microsoft and nintendo are not that much better, but I find them a lot more honest and less pretentious.
seriously, when sony shut down lik-sang, if they just said "business is business mother fucker" I would've been happy, but instead they try to sew this fairy tale bullshit; "looking out for gamers"

4urentertainment

OP
Trophies
Website
www.4urentertainment.co.nr
XP
Country
Egypt
Y'know i agree with that the DS wins but, what I like about the PSP is it can emulate alot

Also the DS emulation on the PSP is REALLY REALLY slow. so i guess DS wins this round

how's about we start another two consoles

oh and by the way, all my life i've been encouraging nintendo and really happy when a console wins more money but then i realized: Sony wins way more money than nintendo because of the tvs and electronics.
frown.gif

nintendofreak

Around. Shoot me a PM.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nintendo.

I just hate sony, always trying to be like Nintendo. They badmouth shit and then go and copy it.

sleep.gif

Pigwooly

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Y'know i agree with that the DS wins but, what I like about the PSP is it can emulate alot

Also the DS emulation on the PSP is REALLY REALLY slow. so i guess DS wins this round

how's about we start another two consoles

oh and by the way, all my life i've been encouraging nintendo and really happy when a console wins more money but then i realized: Sony wins way more money than nintendo because of the tvs and electronics.
frown.gif
But Sony is broken into divisions. In fact the Sony music group once sued an organization that was partially made up of the Sony subset that sells media computers.
rofl2.gif

Modrak

Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah, and you really tried playing a f***ing game on the PSP's DS emulator
tongue.gif

Sure....how many games did work ?!
wink.gif
Oh, let's pretend you've got EBA on there and it works 100% flawlessly...play! Try it...idiot :|

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The DS was made for playing DS games on and the odd GBA title. It was an experiment for Nintendo, with them wanting to create a different gaming experience to what was on the home consoles, hence the power of it not being all that great compared to the PSP.

PSP however was created to be a home console in the palm of your hand, as we've seen with game sales thats a bad thing as it has the same version as most multi format titles, whereas the DS gets a game made specifically made for it and therefore ends up selling more titles.

Being someone who owns both, the PSP gets picked up probably once a month and played for about an hour perhaps for normal official PSP gaming. The DS gets played every day for half an hour at least.

The DS gives me something different whereas the PSP gives me the same sort of games I can play on my home consoles but with graphics that aren't as good and with horrid controls.

So Nintendo wins on that side, of course the PSP is million times better for emulation especially seeing its only been out for a few years but the DS was never meant for emulation.

hollabackitsobi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DS emulation on PSP is just "proof of concept" shit that stupid PSP users try to waggle in the face of DS owners, "my console can emulate JOORZ", when the idiots don't even realize it fails horrendously at doing so. I'm thinking of buying a PSP so I can listen to music on it while I play DS games and vice versa, electronic gaming heaven.

Trulen

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Psst.
I've got a concept.

Not Sony vs. Nintendo....

But Sony + Nintendo.
And let's throw in Microsoft too.

1. Collect all consoles
2. Pay of debt
3. ???
4. Profit!

It's been discussed to death on wiichat.com.

But without Sony, Nintendo wouldn't be forced to put out stuff as good as it does today.

4urentertainment

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Egypt
I never thought so many people would agree with me, anyway
how about Wii vs PS3

undoubtedly wii wins, much better games much cheaper, the motion control, its just awesome

but one thing that I really like about PS3 is Home. I reallly really like home, almost enough to buy a PS3 for it, almost

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Its a shame that when people argue about which console is better, they usually have to go on about the technical side and not the actual games. Nintendo's handhelds have easily shown us that this is wrong time and time again, everytime theres a more powerful handheld released as competition it is Nintendo's games that win it for them.

4urentertainment

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Egypt
Its a shame that when people argue about which console is better, they usually have to go on about the technical side and not the actual games. Nintendo's handhelds have easily shown us that this is wrong time and time again, everytime theres a more powerful handheld released as competition it is Nintendo's games that win it for them.

I tottaly agree with you, like i always say: Sony just has nice graphics, while nintedno has better games

sadly in egypt, its tottaly different. Everybody just wants the graphics and the violence of sony's games. so its VERY rare to see a gba game.

Beware

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The PSP is complete shit. I own both a PSP and DS. The only thing the PSP is good for is emulation of classic games, most of which I can emulate on my DS anyways. PSP games are the worst games I've ever played. The only decent PSP games are ports of other games, and even then the controls and graphics are crap. UMDs are also a terrible idea. Whoever thought to put loading times on a handheld should be dragged into a dark alley and shot. I use my PSP only for listening to my chip tunes and the occasional PS1 game.

The DS rocks. With a Slot1 and an EZFlash 3in1 plus the price of some microSD cards I get every DS game, every GBA game, movies, music, homebrew and a lot of classic games for a lot cheaper than just the base price of a PSP (no games, no memory sticks) and my battery lasts more than twice as long. Also, I don't have to deal with Sony's anti-piracy firmwares being released every time there's a new exploit. So far, the DS already has price and battery life. The media aspects are the exact same, so those points are void.

Now, the important part about a GAMING handheld, the GAMES. PSP original games are some of the worse games I've played. I'd rather be playing E.T. There are some good ports for PSP, some of my favorites are Gitaroo Man Lives, DJMax Portable, and Powerstone Collection. These games can be played on a real console for the same price and they will look MUCH better and the controls won't make you want to stop playing. PSP tries to emulate the console experience and phails, miserably. The DS is something new. There is no console that can deliver the DS experience (the Wii is close, but not the same at all). The games are refreshing and fun. These games keep me coming back to them. Some of my favorites are Trauma Center, Phoenix Wright, Mario Kart DS, Picross, and Castlevania:Portrait of Ruin.

For downloading your games, PSP games range from 256MB to 1.8GB. That is way too huge. I've needed to buy about $150 worth of memory sticks just to fit 2 PSP games and my classic games. On top of the intense size of the games, the media is way too overpriced, just like all the other shit Sony churns out. DS games are only 16MB to 256MB and the media is very cheap (less than $20/GB). It is also much easier to get homebrew and backups on your DS. Sony can't code a decent firmware, so they keep getting hacked, so they keep making crappy, sloppy firmware. The DS just needs one small piece of hardware to get everything going.

And finally, pure style. When the PSP came out, it was a lot nicer looking than the bulky DS Phat. The PSP felt more solid and with its glossy black faceplate and uber bright screen, pwnt the DS in looks. The screen is, IMHO, far too large. All movies and pictures look stretched out and it just looks all around goofy. With the release of the DS Lite, all that changed. The new solid feeling of the DS Lite made the PSP feel like a child's play thing. The new levels of brightness kicked everything up a notch with the same brightness levels as the PSP. The gorgeous glossy finish and the later releases of newer colors put the PSP in its place. The weight was finally where it should have been in the first place, in the gamers hands. Now, I can play for hours without having to worry about needing to ice my hand. The PSP still feels like crap and the PSP Slim has done nothing to rectify that.

To sum up:
Battery Life:DS
Price:DS
Ease of Use:DS
Graphics:PSP
Controls:DS
Style:DS
Media:Tie
Emulation:PSP
Commercial Games:DS
Ported Games:DS

So, how is the PSP better than the DS other than emulation and graphics? If you're buying a console just for the graphics anyways then your opinion is pretty much void in this argument since it is completely biased on something so very pointless.

BTW, DS emulation on PSP is impossible. Plain and simple. The DS has two processors, an ARM7 and an ARM9. The PSP can hardly emulate the single 64-bit processor the N64. On top of that, there is no touch screen, the controls are not set up to use one if you turn it sideways, and the screen is too wide to play it just the regular way.

Beware

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I never thought so many people would agree with me, anyway
how about Wii vs PS3

undoubtedly wii wins, much better games much cheaper, the motion control, its just awesome

but one thing that I really like about PS3 is Home. I reallly really like home, almost enough to buy a PS3 for it, almost

This is a pointless argument. The ONLY thing the PS3 has on Wii is graphics. That's it. Everything is way too expensive, the controls suck, the controller is the same one we've been using for a decade, the motion control is crappy and pirated from Nintendo's concept that Sony originally criticized as a gimmick. So far, there are only 1 or 2 games worth buying for it.

EDIT:Sorry for the double post.

mkoo

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
ps3 vs wii is pointless. to prove nintendo superiority it should be... ps3 vs nes.
No gaming experince not ps3 not xbox 360 not psp was better than playing super mario, megaman 3 and -the game i ca'nt remember it's name-
gbasp.gif
yaynds.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9PnFJMnYT0