Slater Color
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
2h51j48.jpg

Nintendo is releasing a 3D, glasses-free portable game console called the Nintendo 3DS, to be "enjoyed with 3D effects without the need for any special glasses". Sony, your move.

QUOTE said:
"Right now our focus to the topic of 3D desktop console. There are plenty of opportunities to PlayStation 3 and what it offers 3D technology. The amount of interest has been aroused among the publishers and distributors is incredible. We know we have a big hit if we mix and 3D PS3 so all our efforts are going there. "
Sony will wait and see how the Nintendo 3DS does.

QUOTE"As for Nintendo ... I think it remains to be seen what Nintendo wants with 3D and a laptop. I've been in the handheld market for quite some time and think it's an interesting move but I would love to know where it goes from a demographic standpoint. Eight to nine years playing a 3D title is a bit odd given that our analysis we have shown so far. "

But eight and nine year-olds seem to like watching movies in 3D, so why wouldn't they enjoy playing video games in 3D?

Source: http://uk.ps3.ign.com/articles/107/1079408p1.html

Opinion: The problem was Sony doesn´t have imagination. "Children of eight and nine years playing a 3D title is a bit weird."

More rare would be that 10 year old are playing COD, with a PEGI rated game to +18, and even Robin Williams testifies that it exists.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3RMnK30AJEA

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think they just took a shot at Nintendo implying that Nintendo only appeals to children.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Of course they will wait until they see how the 3DS does and then the PS3DP will be released some time down the line, they ALWAYS copy Nintendo, apart from when they ripped the Eyetoy off Sega.

This is why Microsoft are ahead of them, they took what was missing and built on it, they took a lot of the Nintendo crowd away. Sony really needs to concentrate on what is missing rather then what the others are doing, that is how Nintendo got ahead of them all.

I can see that Sony is trying to be a in-between thing of having a Wii/PS3 on one console but those new gamers that got introduced by the Wii aren't going to go for it as its out of the price range and many have lost interest in the Wii so may not even bother. They did a big campaign here trying to do the "casual" thing with that EyeToy Pets thing, and that failed.

I'd love it to succeed for them, to be a major part of competition in the motion sensing thing so that Nintendo will have to up their game but I don't see it happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: hot take: freddy fazbear's pizzeria simulator is peak fnaf