Sony struggling to keep PS5 cost down

64bitmodels

Professional Nintendo Hater
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
He also said ps4 which you've not obviously seen and he is a constant depressing negative person with his bs long posts thts why I blocked him
IDK man, with all this bs going around it seems more realistic to be a pessimist nowadays :(
Many gaming events are getting canceled due to the fucking coronavirus, which is such a big deal to the point stores are having shortages due to this. It also doesn't help that Coronavirus is recent too (it started right at the start of the decade) and there's no vaccine, potentially meaning you could die from that shit
meanwhile gamestop is doing everything in their power to exploit corona and get as many sales from it due to them dying
Ever since like, what, 2012 all the scummy gaming companies have been on the top, EA, activision, epic games, ubisoft, they're all shit but they all dominate the 3rd party gaming industry.
And you expect him to be "LaLAlALAlA happy day :DDDD"
Kind of an unreasonable expectation with how stuff is going down nowadays

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
He also said ps4 which you've not obviously seen and he is a constant depressing negative person with his bs long posts thts why I blocked him
I really seem to rub you the wrong way and I am not sure why.

I fucking love games. Have hundreds of things. Have played them for decades. When not playing games I spend my spare time and no small amount of my limited funds learning incredibly complicated electronics, coding and similar skills to hack them just to have more of them or make what I have better (or simply repair things), as well as all the time seeking out the good stuff, rare stuff and tools for the former.
This however is nothing unusual around here (long standing gaming forum with a hacking bent and all that) and generally what makes for someone that gets on well with the site (give or take those that have not been around decades to have played games for them, in that case if you are on your way to such a feat you will probably still fit right in).

However this last few years have been awful for me when it comes to games. I still like games (working my way through the 360 library still and having a great time, busted out my gamecube a while back and had a great time there) but every time I try to engage with this current gen of game consoles I find myself seriously wanting, and believe me I have tried.
No company seems to be providing me with fun games. They are recognisable to me as games but when I play them I get awful systems, microtransactions out of the arse, no cheats to have some fun with, tepid stories, remakes that miss the point of the originals entirely (or add nothing to them), smaller levels and generally weak writing and bland gameplay. I wish it was not the case but that seems to be what goes.
Anyway as I sit here at the end of another console generation, a time when I usually look back on things and see to setting up a collection to carry me into the future with I have nothing. Nothing that provided an exemplary example of a gameplay style, nothing that pushed the boat out, nothing that changed the way people think about certain things or provided us an entirely new (or maybe just long forgotten) way of play. I saw the start of it towards the end of the previous generation (and decades before in the case of arcades) but momentum and the extant library carried things forward enough.
If you have some hidden cache of games that I somehow missed despite making it something of my job to stay on top of things, including all the weird and wonderful*, then please please please do share with the class as I am not the only one. When I look at the xbone and PS4 library having played the 360 and PS3 (also PC of the day) I can only shake my head at what we now lack. While the gamecube, PS2 and xbox are in some cases showing their age (not all but still some) they still showcase some love for the concept, interesting ideas and a pursuit of fun in whatever form that might take. When I look at the Switch and 3ds library having had a wonderful time on the GBA and DS I can only shake my head at what we now lack, even more so if we want to consider homebrew but that is more a function of availability and economics (there are more powerful devices that you are not only welcome to code for but can get paid to code stuff for as well... such things did not exist back during the GBA and most of DS and PSP days so I am not so bothered about that).

*as in I recently published a 40K word/100 a4 page document on all the methods I use to follow such things, one I knew few would care about.

I know you have some delusion that if you don't let game developers piss on your head and tell you that it is raining (you have literally quoted me telling me that we should be thankful for what we get and that I should be nice to game devs as game devs provide us with the best form of entertainment known to man before) that suddenly they will never make games again, and all the games that exist will suddenly vanish from existence (or possibly that despite not having anything better to compare it to then they will all become shit in... retrospect?). Personally I go with "do a dance for me monkey and will give you a treat" aka give me what I want and I will pay you for it aka basic economics.
Humans play games, and enough of them play computerised versions these days, that we will never see a crash worth considering outside of those studying economics (indeed the previous one was mostly a US and possibly Canada affair with Japan and Europe not evening pausing during that time). Even if there was then mods, hacks, open source and the millions of games already out there will probably see us never go truly wanting. You don't need to be worried about the health of the game industry.

Worse is nothing looks to be reversing the trend and leading us back towards games with fun mechanics, stories worth sharing, their hand out of my wallet, not treating me like a dumb cunt and an exploration of what can be achieved with the tech available.

If I am negative it is because there is very little to be positive about.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Si :D +1