Better Than You
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Argentum Vir said:
antwill said:
I hope Sony draws out this whole process so long Hotz is in debt for the rest of his life.
biggrin.gif
Man that geofag is annoying.
Look, I understand geohot is a attention whore. However, if Sony wins, there will be a new precedence set. Just hoping Sony wins because you dislike geohot is just silly, and childish. Don't tell me you've never relished attention. Just think about it for a second. Is it arrogance when you have the skill and means to back it up? He has every right to be proud, and release things that will make everyone's systems be more like the PS3 slogan: It only does everything. It's now getting close to doing that. Besides, I believe you will never have even half the skills geohot has and continues to hone.
Okay firstly: go back and re-read what I said, I never once said anything about Sony winning, why? Because the longer the court process takes the more money geofag has to spend, he does not have nearly as much as Sony does at all. Also yes I do think it would be good if Sony won, seriously this generation is full of entitled spoilt children, you do not have a right or a need to play homebrew, or pirate games. There are people out there who do what you're meant to do and buy games, they don't feel they have to play the newest games straight away and if they want to, they use their own money. And trying to delude yourself into using homebrew as an excuse for your pirating ways is just as selfish. And no geofag is nothing more than an attention whore, the other team, whatever it was, the ones with the even stupider name, at least they didn't feel the need to release the keys soon allowing pirating of games so easily. No they didn't feel they needed to one up someone and regain their ego and reputation...

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
431unknown said:
So are these people going to stand up for what they belive in or crawl under their beds and hide?

rofl.gif

What is it exactly that you think "they [believe] in"? Just remember, you take away the rights of one individual, you open the door to take those same rights away from everyone. Sony has every right to protect THEIR creative works and technology under the laws of not only the U.S., but most other industrialized nations as well. The only reason anyone is against Sony in this case is because it throws a monkey wrench in their fun.

It was arrogance that got Hotz into the hot seat (pun completely intended), and now we should believe that Sony is doing something corrupt by bringing their financial powers to bear?
rolleyes.gif
Sony's no saint, but don't try to make them out to be the devil simply because they're protecting their investment. It's the same exact, damn thing any company would do, no matter how big or small.

MelodieOctavia

Just your friendly neighborhood Transbian.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
antwill said:
Okay firstly: go back and re-read what I said, I never once said anything about Sony winning, why? Because the longer the court process takes the more money geofag has to spend, he does not have nearly as much as Sony does at all. Also yes I do think it would be good if Sony won, seriously this generation is full of entitled spoilt children, you do not have a right or a need to play homebrew, or pirate games. There are people out there who do what you're meant to do and buy games, they don't feel they have to play the newest games straight away and if they want to, they use their own money. And trying to delude yourself into using homebrew as an excuse for your pirating ways is just as selfish. And no geofag is nothing more than an attention whore, the other team, whatever it was, the ones with the even stupider name, at least they didn't feel the need to release the keys soon allowing pirating of games so easily. No they didn't feel they needed to one up someone and regain their ego and reputation...

I agree with most of what you said with a few caveats...

If you buy the hardware, you should be able to do what you want with it, within reason. As long as it's not illegal, i don't see what the big deal is about enabling homebrew on something you bought, and rightfully own with your own money. That is what OtherOS was for, and it worked well to sate the tinkerers and homebrewers.

Also, enabling Homebrew might bring the ability for piracy along with it, but they are not one and the same. A very few people might enjoy homebrew on the PS3, and not partake in piracy at all, so don't be so quick to lump them in with the pirates, no matter how small their numbers are.

antwill

Better Than You
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
TwinRetro said:
I agree with most of what you said with a few caveats...

If you buy the hardware, you should be able to do what you want with it, within reason. As long as it's not illegal, i don't see what the big deal is about enabling homebrew on something you bought, and rightfully own with your own money. That is what OtherOS was for, and it worked well to sate the tinkerers and homebrewers.

Also, enabling Homebrew might bring the ability for piracy along with it, but they are not one and the same. A very few people might enjoy homebrew on the PS3, and not partake in piracy at all, so don't be so quick to lump them in with the pirates, no matter how small their numbers are.
I see what you mean, but hardware is not software...
Also I think a good example is how poorly the homebrew scenes are, is that there's barely anything worth playing, just look at that xbox live indie thing they had going. And I was more referring to those who are pirates but use homebrew as an excuse to hide behind. I didn't mean to make them sound the same, but seriously, you buy a home console you know what you're getting into. In no way is it meant to be open, in the PS3's case the OtherOS was open, not GameOS. Sure go and play homebrew on that POS like it was intended, but fact of the matter is, you buy a console you know what you're getting into and don't expect it to be able to do things you and a very few small subset want if it isn't meant to. The console company aren't going to take your concerns into account because so few would want it in the bigger picture. And it's just showing how entitled you feel if you believe you should be able to do something it wasn't intended for in the first place.

ionmachines

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
ph34r.gif

Its good to see that someone is defiant..........although it was silly to have so publically displayed the PS3/PSP code keys in such a way so that $ONY etc could have noticed them halfway across the galaxy.
Y not just distribute them secretly to those who wished to use them? (For NICE purposes of course)

Now
evil.gif
$onies super pissed at this complete & utter penetration of the PS3/PSP. (& Y not?)

But then again all of us in the know, do KNOW that the term 'Piracy' is used as an excuse for Corps to keep their Ultra Greedy Mits in control of all & every account of a prospective sales that they can. Those of us who KNOW how to run backups on OUR machines are generally 0.xx percent of the total of owners that PLAY games across all platforms. Most users don't know what a backup device is or modding. I started computing/gaming when I was 9 or 10 yrs old, in the late 70's, early 80's. Binatone,Atari VCS,Intellivision,Sinclair,Commodore,Amstrad,Dragon32,Oric, the works. Games on tape & 5/4 inch disks. I began to copy my tapes & disks at an early age. Did I buy games as well......of course I did even today...I have an extensive library of games across many platforms (but only the BEST of the BEST) if you get my meaning.....There was no profits lost then and there has never been any profits lost now. If a game doesn't sell its because its S%IT! And on the flip side. if it does sell well, its because its CoD(lololol) or some other popular franchise. In my time 'The Last Ninja' (CBM64) version was the CoD of the 8-bit era. LN1 was great! LN2 was awesome! LN3 .....sucked! But it sold like hotcakes. Even when the 8-bit computers were on their last legs and consoles & IBM/compatibles Dos(i386,i486,i586) was where PC gaming started, were taking over.

Homebrew brings many features to the table where Consoles are concerned because to be honest, consoles are rather bland & they take up soo much space just to play games on. Every console I have is modded in some form, mainly to bypass Region locks and install alternative OS menu systems that offer so much more than the more restraint original. The way things are going right now I doubt I will be playing, let alone buying games & next/next gen hardware in the future..........I'll just stick with what I already have thanx.......thats good enough for me. Remember people, the power is in your hands as they say. If you don't spend your money on the S^it then the Corps will really feel it, and fast!
I never buy NEW anymore, because its just not Practical. I get everything USED mostly from online auctions and BIG SALE items from online/retail stores. But even thats now becoming less & lessser.

Last note: Hackers, Brewers, Modders - keep your EGO under your hat! Don't show your face and keep yourself anonymous. Everyone of us who utilize your coding - we appreciate it. But remember, most of us will not come to your rescue if you get *nick'ed*. And please, don't trust in the Legal system. In fact don't trust in any system - EVER! Lookout for No.1!

................END of LINE..........................

p1ng.gif

turbo_x

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Guild McCommunist said:
stanleyopar2000 said:
*stuff kinda disorganized probably by error*

Christ, stop crying. A PS2 is what, $60 used? Buy one and play your PS2 games on it. It's not that hard. I'd be fine skipping out on PS2 compatibility for a cheaper PS3 model. I buy a PS3 to play PS3 games, not to play PS2 games.

I mean, I think Sony should just give up instead of sending out this "black suit brigade" of lawyers, but stop getting a fucking hemorrhoid over it. Sony's a company that wants to protect its assets. Saying "DOWN WITH SONY FOR TRYING TO PREVENT PEOPLE FROM ILLEGITIMATELY MODIFYING THEIR SHIT!" is stupid. Outrage over their wave of lawsuits might be a little found, but it's just in their attempt to prevent hackers from keeping up with them. Not exactly the most ethical way to do it, but it's a way.

Just stop crying, I'm getting sick of all this "DOWN WITH SONY" and "I PIRATE THEIR GAMES JUST TO STICK IT TO THE MAN." Yeah, sure you do. You pirate games because they're free, not to make some statement. Every pirate pirates their games because they're free.

stanleyopar2000 said:
Joe88 said:
QUOTE(stanleyopar2000 @ Jan 28 2011, 05:07 PM) at least the 360 can play Xbox 1 games right???
some, not all

well...at least Microsoft didn't completely remove backwards compatibility on purpose...there is a hardware issue....I would like to THiNK that anyway...............

Could you at least log this bullshit conspiracy theory right between "The moon landing never happened!" and "The US government was behind 9/11!"?

This is ONE BIG TRUE people pirates their games because they don't want to buy them or don't have money to buy them and thats the only reason. Everyone is sayng that they do this for homebrew but thats just 1% of true and remaining 99% is piracy. Microsoft has Xbox Independent Developer Program so almost anyone can make games on Xbox and still people are hacking their consoles so piracy i number ONE factor.

Maz7006

iSEXu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
if i owned sony and saw many eating away all iv'e worked for then i would take it this far - alot of money at stake so i would say this behavior is normal .

ppl talk about homebrew and all we have seen is just piracy, bleh let sony do what they seem is right.

if anythihng i suppose it makes their legit customers quite satisfied

Georgeman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Omega_2 said:
SPH73 said:
I've told you before Sony, you're cursed this gen. Better call a Priest.
Not enough Gold!

Oh- Why you- You can't be ser-

Ahahahaha! Man, that was a good one!

Poow Sony is getting so sewious now. What's next, online limited registration on PS3? Oh, wait...

cwstjdenobs

Sodomy non sapiens
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Lol, worldwide DMCA's. You'd think Sony's expensive lawyers would know better.

GeekyGuy said:
Just remember, you take away the rights of one individual, you open the door to take those same rights away from everyone. Sony has every right to protect THEIR creative works and technology under the laws of not only the U.S., but most other industrialized nations as well. The only reason anyone is against Sony in this case is because it throws a monkey wrench in their fun.

And remember the same about the precedent this would set for the other side. Bypassing Sony's illegal rootkits to copy music from your CD's to your MP3 player, illegal because it's also an aid to pirates. And you are lucky you are in America, in a lot of the world using an MP3 player is technically illegal. Even with downloads and services like iTunes. I think if Sony did not have a solid record of continuously breaking the law and cracking peoples PC's people would be a bit more understanding. How long was the Wii hacked for homebrew before piracy? That's because TT didn't just release everything they knew but only released a tool that did enough to get unsigned code running. And effectively obfuscated how the tool got installed too. Maybe if Sony had had a better track record themselves and hadn't illegally removed OtherOS (and just because you didn't use it or couldn't get your head around it doesn't mean it wasn't a feature that people used, and even if it was only used by 1 person, and lets say it's me, I fucking paid for that) from Fats they would have done the same in this situation instead of "here's the lot, have fun". And I also doubt it was the lot.

EDIT: And really seriously I think you need to read up on hackers and hacker culture from the 50's onwards. I'm not going to make out they are all good guys who aren't interested in piracy, but most are and an amazing amount of technology, especially modern networking (which wouldn't exist without them) and security (which would be much much much weaker without them) and even hardware (PC's) that is used day in day out by these companies to make millions, has been built by hackers, some working for companies and a lot working for nothing.

And accusations of trolling in 1,2...

lordrand11

The Wheel of Time Turns and Ages Come And Pass.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
stanleyopar2000 said:
Slyakin said:
stanleyopar2000 said:
mirror the motherfucker on P2P torrents!!

they can't stop THAT, that easily
mad.gif
Holy shit, don't have an aneurysm from this.

I apologize...my dad is quite the activist for human rights and I have somewhat of it in me as well
laugh.gif

when the common man loses more rights (no shocker) it's rather disappointing...

ha..I don't even own a PS3...

Rights haven't been lost they've been put on trial.

.Chris

Clueless
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
stanleyopar2000 said:
TwinRetro said:
stanleyopar2000 said:
TwinRetro said:
....Shit is gonna get real pretty damn quick.

4ReaLZ?
tongue.gif

PS3 has a blu-ray player though
unsure.gif

I have a blu-ray player.

agreed...the shit can't even play PS2 games anymore (due to greedy sony) which is one of the many reasons why..... QUOTE(stanleyopar2000 @ Jan 28 2011, 04:43 PM)
...I personally hate, loathe and despise Sony.......

at least the 360 can play Xbox 1 games right???
i dont think so.

bowser

Mwa ha ha ha!
Trophies
XP
Country
India
ars25 said:
they could just do a monthly firmware update to the ps3 and poof it will be hard for hackers to find flaws in the firmware that or CHECK the firmware for holes in the security of the firmware so exploits wont start popping up from hackers that find them really quick easy as that plus they can't block what hackers put on the internet it's nearly impossible because they could just fond another place to put them or people will leach them on other site also going after cerrtain hackers wont work they are one in a few hundreds if not thousands of hackers that are making hacks for the ps3 anyways how far are we even into hacking the ps3 3-5 % come on look at the psp it is fully hacked (all phats and some 2000's) while the rest of the 2000's and 3000's are semi hackable all they did was release keys which we used to sign some homebrew they haven't done any thing that serious like make a iso loader for the ps3 (other than the one from the jail break one which you still need the original disc to play your backups and the jail break firmware ) and lawsuits that i under stand they pretty much broke into the servers of sony and release the keys they used to sign i think and used them to sigh homebrew so i stand here waiting for sony's next move in the hacker problem and hopefully watch them fail on there lawsuit
evil.gif

Huh? WTF?! Not a single period in that whole paragraph!
wtf.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :P