Sony patents new Vita; 4G, HDMI port, memory card price cut (Rumor)

heartgold

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
A new patent and design has been found containing a look at a possible new Vita design or the next Sony handheld.
Most likely this points to a reveal on the 20th or during E3 about a 4G Vita with new features. The patent is under serial number 55977 in the US.
With a price cut most likely coming sometime after E3, this may confirm that a price tag of $249 will stay on a Vita but it will be for this brand new 4G model equipped with HDMI and what seems to be a new USB port.
http://leviathyn.com/games-2/news/2...s-nex-generation-vita-could-have-4g-and-hdmi/

sony-new-vita-patent.jpg

More images from the patent. Click to see more http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=47614098&postcount=140

Reactions: RodrigoDavy

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
I understand the need to upgrade to 4G, but IMO Sony should just terminate the cellular vitas altogether and focus fully on the Wi-Fi ones.

Twilight Loz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
At least the price of the vita is coming down!! If there isn't any significant changes between this and the old ps vita, then I would probably get old one since I have an old 'phat' television and not the HD tvs :( Yup, it's really hard reading any game menus on my ps3 because the resolution isn't right.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I seriously doubt Sony will release a HDMI Vita when they want to sell their new PS4
That's like saying that you doubt McDonald's will keep their breakfast menu because most people go there to eat lunch, not breakfast.

Home consoles and handheld consoles are two separate spheres entirely. That said, it's be pretty sweet to have the option to play your Vita games on the big screen (even if it'd be with a frame of some sort around the game proper since Vita games vary in resolution) via Remote Play on the next PlayStation and the other way around - play your PlayStation games on the Vita, and I mean all of them, not like with the current Remote Play. That's be incentive to own both consoles.

If there isn't any significant changes between this and the old ps vita, then I would probably get old one since I have an old 'phat' television and not the HD tvs :(
There is no "new Vita", the patent refers to the development kits. I even posted a photo of a live specimen.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.