Sony US Stores Cut Vita Price by $100

pokefloote

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I saw a few commercials for Assassin's Creed: Liberation, Blops: Declassified (talk about a wasted ad campaign), and MLB The Show '12. I also saw some ads for the Vita itself when it was launched.

I haven't seen a ton of 3DS ads though, maybe one for Kid Icarus: Uprising and Super Mario 3D Land. Yet again you don't see a ton of ads for video games in general on TV.
Only commercials I see for 3DS are for games aimed at casuals like Style Saavy. "Even a girl can play a 3DS! Here's some clips of girls putting a huge XL into their purse!"

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I saw a few commercials for Assassin's Creed: Liberation, Blops: Declassified (talk about a wasted ad campaign), and MLB The Show '12. I also saw some ads for the Vita itself when it was launched.

I haven't seen a ton of 3DS ads though, maybe one for Kid Icarus: Uprising and Super Mario 3D Land. Yet again you don't see a ton of ads for video games in general on TV.

MTV, Spike, FX, SyFy, Comedy Central...all plastered with videogame commercials in primetime. Problem is, the only advertising now is for consoles (remember when the DS had a shit-ton of ads with "celebrities" playing DS games?) and is limited to 1 exclusive for each console and a multiplat at a time... Right now it's God of War, Gears of War, and Tomb Raider...and nothing else. A couple months ago it was Dead Space 3...and nothing else... Quite sad.

Each exclusive ad also includes a "Get your Xbox 360 for $99" or "PS3, now only $199"
I see no advertising for handhelds at all anymore.

McHaggis

Fackin' Troller
Trophies
XP
Country
IIRC it's locked to AT&T for some reason in the US. The rest of the world has an unlocked model. May have changed after release, but I doubt it. So if you plan on using it in the UK, I'd pass it for now.
Well, that sucks. I guess I'll wait for now. Cheers.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
So the big question is...will this reVITAlize sony's handheld? :)

Honestly, I don't think I'm the first one with this pun...but I cannot be bothered to check 4 pages back to check on that.

Ahem...there's one thing that's been bugging me: I remember threads before where people brought up that the vita needed a 3DS-ish price cut to get out of the starting blocks. This was then countered by a "sony cannot do this because they are already making a loss out of it!" argument.

Now the thing GETS a price cut. Okay, not exactly all the way (sony isn't commenting, and it's not on all the models), but it's still significant. So...where is that argument now? :unsure:

(note: this isn't to mock those guys. On the contrary: I'm sure they had valid points. But that means I'm missing something here. And I'm curious what that can be. :) ).

gamefan5

Kid Icarus Uprising connoiseur
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So the basic summary of this thread so far.
I'M NOT GONNA BUY A VITA BECAUSE IT'S TOO COSTLY!!.
3G version gets 100$ price cut.
ERMYGAWD, IT'S THE 3G VERSION. I WANTED THE WIFI VERSION.
Chill, the 3g is optional. The fact that you're getting this shit with 3g and a 8gb memory card and that fact that it'll be discontinued makes it a very good deal.

And then there are the usual members who keep bashing on the vita (a member complaining about the price cut for for being too much LOL that's a first) no matter what Sony does.You know who u are. Stay classy, folks.

The Milkman

GBATemp's Official Asshat Milkman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So the basic summary of this thread so far.
I'M NOT GONNA BUY A VITA BECAUSE IT'S TOO COSTLY!!.
3G version gets 100$ price cut.
ERMYGAWD, IT'S THE 3G VERSION. I WANTED THE WIFI VERSION.
Chill, the 3g is optional. The fact that you're getting this shit with 3g and a 8gb memory card and that fact that it'll be discontinued makes it a very good deal.

And then there are the usual members who keep bashing on the vita (a member complaining about the price cut for for being too much LOL that's a first) no matter what Sony does.You know who u are. Stay classy, folks.

Its not thay the 3G is optional, anyone with goddamn common sense should know that. Its the fact that its essentially 50 bucks more then the Wifi version with a memory card. If you ask me, this is what the price should have been from the beginning. Stop trying to make it look like its a case of Sony-hate and see it fr what it is. Sony finally stopping this gens "599 USD" and realizing that they actually have to competitively price thier stuff.

EDIT- Oops, I forgot it was 300 for the 3G and 250 for the Wifi only, big mistake on my part and kinda makes my rant redunant now.

gamefan5

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Its not thay the 3G is optional, anyone with goddamn common sense should know that. Its the fact that its essentially 50 bucks more then the Wifi version with a memory card. If you ask me, this is what the price should have been from the beginning. Stop trying to make it look like its a case of Sony-hate and see it fr what it is. Sony finally stopping this gens "599 USD" and realizing that they actually have to competitively price their stuff.

EDIT- Oops, I forgot it was 300 for the 3G and 250 for the Wifi only, big mistake on my part and kinda makes my rant redunant now.
Yes, it horribly, horribly does. I suggest you read before you post.

chavosaur

Chavo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Advertising for 3DS is around a lot on younger kids channels.
Cartoon network and Nickelodeon display Weegee mansion adverts, Fire Emblem adverts, The style savvy one, that olympic chick with her 3ds commercial, all sorts.

gamefan5

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hooray for chastising people who admit their mistakes and correct them!
The fact that he was pointing something he thought I did when I was srsly not made me pissed. But w/e. Ignoring him. I was like O.O (Wtf is he talking about?) But back on topic, if I lived in the US, I may have considered buying it. The Vita has good games but it's very few. Dx It makes me doubt a lot. I wish I had the certainty that lots of other good games were coming out... But I'm pretty sure it'll pick up steam.

heartgold

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
EDIT: I'm starting to think that heartgold and friends had to amp up the Sony hatred once soulx became, you know, levelheaded.

Mate I state facts about the PS vita and what uphill struggles it faces, this has nothing to do with Sony as a company. They have tons of other products and do you see me bashing them because they are manufactured by Sony?

PSV's future looks pretty bleak and it's in a bad state. Pricecut is welcome if true. Cut on those awful memory cards would be sweet and perhaps enlighten people to purchase one, but more so they need devs to get make attractive games to a wider audience if they want to see successful sales in terms of software and hardware profit without losing an arm. As a vita owner i'm somewhat disappointed by the lack of games that appeal to me, they are a few that standout but more effort is needed.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mate I state facts about the PS vita and what uphill struggles it faces, this has nothing to do with Sony as a company. They have tons of other products and do you see me bashing them because they are manufactured by Sony?

PSV's future looks pretty bleak and it's in a bad state. Pricecut is welcome if true. Cut on those awful memory cards would be sweet and perhaps enlighten people to purchase one, but more so they need devs to get make attractive games to a wider audience if they want to see successful sales in terms of software and hardware profit without losing an arm. As a vita owner i'm somewhat disappointed by the lack of games that appeal to me, they are a few that standout but more effort is needed.

www.computerandvideogames.com/395765/vita-tops-japan-hardware-sales/

pretty bleak huh

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: For real for real