Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
http://uk.ps3.ign.com/articles/110/1103136p1.html

QUOTE said:
Sony wasn't thrilled about Nintendo's E3 2010 press conference where it continually reiterated its "no more glasses" messaging for the 3DS.

During an interview with IGN, president of Sony's Worldwide Studios Shuhei Yoshida responded by saying Nintendo's vision for 3D gaming is similar to theirs and that it shouldn't focus on whether or not glasses are worn.

"I have hope that they have a broader perspective with 3D," Yoshida said. "When you listen to what they are saying about the effect of 3D perspective to the games, they are saying the same message we are, but they don't have to bash some small part of what the other company is doing."

Yoshida later said the industry should advocate 3D development, and that Sony would like to work alongside Nintendo in promoting the new technology.

"I think as an industry we should preach this new perspective, from a very large cinema screen to a small portable, because that helps advancing the games and the game industry," he said. "We'd like to work together to promote 3D."

At the time, Yoshida admitted he hadn't actually played the 3DS yet, but said the glasses technology is improving all the time and that of course they'll be required for movie-like experiences.

"If you really want a big theater experience, of course you have to wear glasses," he said. "With the latest technology, the glasses are light and you kind of forget you're wearing them after awhile."
QUOTE but they don't have to bash some small part of what the other company is doing.
If I were creating a language, I'd make the word "Sony" mean both "hypocrite" and "copy-cat".

Also, the last time Nintendo worked with Sony, it was during the SNES years with making a CD-addon which got cancelled because Nintendo cancelled the contract between them; a contract that was found out to only give Sony the advantage by giving them all profits and Nintendo with none of it. What makes Sony think Nintendo will want to join in when Sony has been bashing them for years on something they have now copied?

Dookieman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sony is a large group of retards that doesn't know what the user wants. Of course we are going to prefer no glasses.

mrT3

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
imagine a player wearing a pair of red/blue glasses when spinning his hand around the remote with a purple bulb on top
ladies and gentlemen, I introduce you the Sony Move 3D
(Fun fact: it will be more effective if you wear light green and yellow clothes when playing )

Paarish

Connor's Nublet
Trophies
XP
Country
typical bashing by Sony because they didn't come up with the idea first
rolleyes.gif

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
That after years and years of bashing the DS and Wii for being "underpowered" and "casual" and "childish" and "gimmicky". "You shouldn't bash our glasses, that isn't nice, boo hoo hoo."

I have nothing against Sony, but their PR and marketing department is a horde of monkeys on keyboard (but without enough time).

alucard77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just think Sony is thinking, we are invested in this 3D technology and were scared shitless noone will want it.

Fact: Consumers don't want 3D TVs. I think I read somewhere that less then 20% have minimal interest in it.

I think it is because of the glasses.

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Seriously, you really shouldn't make fun of your competitors' consoles, really. It's not nice. Sony would never stoop that low and do that to their competitors... I mean fellow console makers, yes, that's the word, fellow companies; they would never. Honestly.

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't think any collaboration between Sony and Nintendo will work. It failed once before when they tried to with the PS1.

Nintendo and Sony are actually much the same, that is, very controlling companies. Neither one will want to share with the other in a way that both can agree on.

TM2-Megatron

Predacon Commander
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Sony really are full of shit these days... after all the bashing of their competition (rather than a more professional route), they claim this? God, it makes me wonder if anyone at Sony these days even has a functioning brain. Morons.

referencer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
SONY @ LOL but they don't have to bash some small part of what the other company is doing.Oh man. Oh, this is fucking beautiful. Sony, I love you.

jan777

motion control..? srsly? so 2008. 3DS is teh bombz
Trophies
XP
Country
Nintendo, dont do it.

Its a trap!

yeaaahp, of course they wont, or everybody will lose repect for them.

Overlord Nadrian

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I honestly don't know what to say.

Wait a minute, I do.

RIIIIIIIIIDGE RACEEEEEEEEER 3D GLASSES!

And now on a slightly more serious note: Sony's gaming department won't last much longer. Eventually their own fanboys will grow tired of the constant bashing of rivalling video game companies and quit them. Farewell Sony, you will be remembered as the company that couldn't stand losing.

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And now, Sony fanboys have something else to add to their arsenal of easily-shot-down-arguments.

Praise the industry!

Arm73

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Sony is become a complete joke.
Not only are they desperate by trying so balantly to copy cat the Wii remote and claiming that they can do it better, now with this 3D campaign ( which will make games look worse believe me, the PS3 hardware is already struggling to output nice 1080p graphic and keep a smooth frame rate, imagine what it'll be like when games will have to output twice the frames from different perspectives for each eye ) and the fact that requires you to buy new expensive TVs ( and a lot of us just spent some $$$$ not so long ago for new HDTVs ) and wear expensive and uncomphy glasses , they are getting ridiculous.
Now Nintendo should stop making fan of them glasses ? Last time I checked , it's been Sony that was totally merciless toward Nintendo, I even remember the Gamecube days ( the GC was slightly more powerful then a PS2, but sold modestly in comparison ) and Sony would make fun of the GC because it was ' purple and had a handle ', I'll never forget it for making fun of the children friendly Nintendo looks and capitalizing on the fact that they were making hardcore games fro grownups when in reality most of the 3rd part games where distributed equally between the 3 main platforms ( and usually the Xbox would end up with the superior version, followed by the GC and PS2 ).
So now they want Nintendo to shot up and stop making fun of their glasses, and I bet they are still dying because they didn't think about it first ( the glassless 3D ) and now they look for mercy ........

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Ahh, Sony...slowly realizing that they're on the sinking ship (in terms of 3D/Handhelds/Casual-Games) and now acting like a little child...don't we all love Sony
rofl.gif
?

(I mean, they aren't serious, are they
unsure.gif
?)

Nebz

The N00b
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
But aren't they competitors in the video game industry? Nintendo shouldn't listen, imo. They're doing fine with their advertising even if they are directly or indirectly bashing Sony's use of 3D glasses.
You have to promote some how and the best way is to make yourself seem better and not the same or worse as others.

Whizz

When things don't go right, go left.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
3D will be a bigger fail than new coke, mostly because of the glasses and because there hardly is any added experience for it with normal stuff. Now Nintendo knows how to turn this fail into a success, and when Sony was busy promoting their shit, Nintendo made the 3DS. And now Sony is pissed they didn't invent it, and in a desperate attempt to make their own shit look better they bash the 3DS. They always do this. Whenever Sony bashes something you should go with that they're bashing.

DiscostewSM

OP
Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
Veho said:
Seriously, you really shouldn't make fun of your competitors' consoles, really. It's not nice. Sony would never stoop that low and do that to their competitors... I mean fellow console makers, yes, that's the word, fellow companies; they would never. Honestly.

LOL, at time index 1:07, he makes fun of people doing that motion, yet I'm sure I've seen something like that with a Sony product, of some middle-age woman (and another guy) shooting things with invisible guns and making sound effects. I wish I could find that video.

lostdwarf

Trophies
Website
www.rockstarleeds.com
XP
Country
3D glasses are shite. I dont want to wear them. You dont want to wear them. I Will NEVER buy a 3D TV... Not when I can get a 3DS... And think about it... Not long untill 32" glasses free tv's will be on sale... Its only a matter of time.
Nintendo lead the way. Again.... Your iphone would not exist if it were not not for nintendo ds's touch screen and nintendo wii's motion control games.
3DS glasses free 3D games and movies is MY future.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: horny jail is full la