Trophies
Website
www.wabsta.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Range-TE said:
FireGrey said:
Wow Sony is going psycho that their "Unhackable" console is being hacked.
the irony is that the hack is what will probably increase ps3 sales, at least in my country
This, I already have 3 friends buying it, my uncle, and I'm thinking of buying it myself. (Not that that's a lot of people, but I think lot's of people think about it this way
tongue.gif
)

SparkFenix

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Wabsta said:
Range-TE said:
FireGrey said:
the irony is that the hack is what will probably increase ps3 sales, at least in my country
This, I already have 3 friends buying it, my uncle, and I'm thinking of buying it myself. (Not that that's a lot of people, but I think lot's of people think about it this way
tongue.gif
)

This
Now i want a ps3

mkoo

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Range-TE said:
FireGrey said:

+1 on that one.
QUOTE(jonesman99 @ Sep 28 2010, 06:12 AM)
DMCA= Digital Millenium Copyright Act. Its the same thing Nintendo used to have "unauthorized" images of Pokemon Black and White taken off various fan sites by stating that they violated "Intellectual Property".

On nintendo's note: it doesn't make sense to go after fansites that are, in a way, promoting their product. I mean, for the ones that didn't use the rom to report their findings on the game.

On sony's note: that's very smart. They are just now starting to make a profit off of their console, and since they would like to continue making a profit, they are going to cut the roots of the weeds before they get a chance to fully grow.
I still cannot believe Nintendo actually did that.

vash117

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ive already been infringed upon by the dmca my self for rockband unplugged and crisis core and a couple of movies inception for 1 they shut off my internet and if didnt take the pirate software of my comp id be reported to the fbi but i just got smarter they sent 18 complaints against mmasked my but i just got smarter i masked my ip and no more torrents oh well
nayps3.gif

Posts merged

ive already been infringed upon by the dmca my self for rockband unplugged and crisis core and a couple of movies inception for 1 they shut off my internet and if didnt take the pirate software of my comp id be reported to the fbi but i just got smarter they sent 18 complaints against mmasked my but i just got smarter i masked my ip and no more torrents oh well
nayps3.gif

jonesman99

GBAtemp's Official ArchAndroid
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
vash117 said:
nayps3.gif

Posts merged

nayps3.gif
I try to stay away from torrents cause they gave my comp a virus.

SPH73

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ap831 said:
Sony has a right to defend their products.

Yeah by alienating half their consumers.
rolleyes.gif

People want homebrew. Its the only reason the PSP was popular. We all know nobody bought PSP games. It was all about the remarkable homebrew scene. It made my PSP the most played system I own this gen. And I once had a VERY negative opinion of the PSP. The amazing homebrew scene changed all of that.

Honestly, Sony is doing this "crackdown" for show. Its all for the benefit of the 3rd parties who are worried about the increased dev costs on PS3 games. But the truth is, Sony is using the jailbreak to stealthfully promote the PS3, just like they used piracy to promote the PSP. Heck I learned how to install CFW on the Official Sony Message Boards. And it was from a tutorial written by an actual Sony employee. He even told me how to run ISO and Emulators.

donelwero

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mexico
SPH73 said:
ap831 said:
Sony has a right to defend their products.

Yeah by alienating half their consumers.
rolleyes.gif

People want homebrew. Its the only reason the PSP was popular. We all know nobody bought PSP games. It was all about the remarkable homebrew scene. It made my PSP the most played system I own this gen. And I once had a VERY negative opinion of the PSP. The amazing homebrew scene changed all of that.

Honestly, Sony is doing this "crackdown" for show. Its all for the benefit of the 3rd parties who are worried about the increased dev costs on PS3 games. But the truth is, Sony is using the jailbreak to stealthfully promote the PS3, just like they used piracy to promote the PSP, PSX, PS2. Heck I learned how to install CFW on the Official Sony Message Boards. And it was from a tutorial written by an actual Sony employee. He even told me how to run ISO and Emulators.

Fixed.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    a_username_that_is_cool @ a_username_that_is_cool: Idk