Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
essentialgames.png
Sony Announce PS3 Exclusive 'StarHawk'
Coming 2012
[youtube]0hSAes_IRTY[/youtube]​
Sony have unveiled their latest exclusive for the PlayStation 3. The game, titled 'Starhawk', is a spiritual successor to the acclaimed title, Warhawk. Starhawk, like its older brother, is a third person shooter, which allows you to fight on land, air and even space.

Based in the distant future, the game takes place on the 'Frontier', which is a series of human colonies located throughout space. These colonies are build around 'Rift plains' which need to be mined to provide the power for the colonies. The problem is though, exposure to this 'Rift energy' is lethal. “It can cause your flesh to drip from your bones, your skeleton to push out through your skin and ultimately it drives you mad.” says LightBox Interactive’s president, Dylan Jobe. This led to the creation of another faction, who you will spend most of your time fighting against, the 'Outcasts'. These are people who have had exposure to the 'Rift energy' and who have therefore succumb to the consequences of it.

You play as Emmett Graves, a former 'Rift miner' who after a mining accident had slight exposure to 'Rift energy'. This has caused one side of his body to become partially mutated, luckily though, he hasn't fully succumb to the infection yet as he is being kept in check by a 'Rift regulator', which has been fitted to Graves' back.

Throughout the game you will spend your time travelling to these Human colonies and protecting the inhabitants from the 'Outcast'. The game will boast, unlike its predecessor, a single-player mode, as well as the expected multiplayer component.

For more information on the game visit the source link below, or check out the reveal trailer above.[/p]
icon11.gif
 Source
icon11.gif
Official StarHawk Site

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Two things:

1. Seeing as how it's a successor, Starhawk would be the younger brother, not Warhawk.
2. I hope that they're not making online multiplayer the main point of this game. Sony's not exactly great at keeping PSN up.

luke_c

Big Boss
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
_Chaz_ said:
Two things:

1. Seeing as how it's a successor, Starhawk would be the younger brother, not Warhawk.
2. I hope that they're not making online multiplayer the main point of this game. Sony's not exactly great at keeping PSN up.
mellow.gif

angry.gif

hateps3.gif

mad.gif

Bah humbug.

Considering the success of Warhawk, I don't see why they wouldn't make multiplayer the main focus of the game.

gloweyjoey

who??
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
_Chaz_ said:
The post is clear in saying that Warhawk is the older brother and Starhawk is the younger.
"Starhawk, like its older brother(Warhawk), is a third person shooter..."

The build and battle mechanic looks pretty awesome. The only thing I didn't like was the back story for a main character.

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
gloweyjoey said:
_Chaz_ said:
The post is clear in saying that Warhawk is the older brother and Starhawk is the younger.

The build and battle mechanic looks pretty awesome. The only thing I didn't like was the back story for a main character.
Welcome to the wondrous world of post editing.

gloweyjoey

who??
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
_Chaz_ said:
gloweyjoey said:
_Chaz_ said:

Welcome to the wondrous world of post editing.
Thats funny cause i even edited my post. I didn't see a thing on the post that said it had been edited so i was led to assume that it wasn't edited and you were just wrong. We all know what happens when we assume. Make an ASS out of U and ME.

Regardless, this game looks pretty awesome.

NoSmokingBandit

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
_Chaz_ said:
One major outage in several years, that roughly what... 95% uptime?

No.... dont let facts get in your way.

B

ball2012003

NoSmokingBandit said:
_Chaz_ said:
One major outage in several years, that roughly what... 95% uptime?

No.... dont let facts get in your way.
OOOOOOO you got told.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=95eUhuR8_ps