dry.gif
wink2.gif

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Assuming this is true, I've come to find a certain method to Sony's madness.

When Sony has nothing to offer other than graphics, or when they've hit a wall of some kind (in this case, hacks, and Nintendo owning the handheld market), then they begin to bash the competition. It's actually a genius plan, as most of their fan-base does the same thing online anyway.
It really reminds me of the whole "Genesis does what Nintendon't" campaign from Sega. It worked alright for a period, but we all know what happened to Sega.

Needless to say, Nintendo has nothing to worry about and I'm sure they see it the same way.

adamshinoda

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
1) Nintendo invented the D-pad. But everyone copied this.
2) Nintendo innovated with shoulder buttons. Everyone copied this, but Sony added 2.
2) Nintendo added analogue. Sony blatantly copied this, but added 2 cause they felt that 2 analogues sticks in the wrong place were better than one in the right place.
3) Nintendo added rumble. Sony copied this.
4) Nintendo creates the first successful and competely reliable wireless game controller based on radio (RF) technology as (wavebird) as opposed to the touch and go infra-red. Everyone copies this and go's with Blue tooth radio technology.
4) Nintendo add's motion sensing. Sony copies this but there implemention appears to be inferior, possibly because of patent issues but also because when Nintedo revealed, Sony didn't have enough time to research an implemenation that would be cheap enough to manufacture in time for launch.

AlanJohn said:
Sometimes I think that sony is a troll.
+1

Shabutie78

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
my opinion: in terms of sales, they're both competitors.
in terms of features, controls, graphics, and everything else, the 3DS simply can't compete.

we'll just have to see which has better games to offer. surely the lack of dependable anti-piracy on the PSP affected developers' choice to develop on the PSP, leading to the DS's superior game library.
if the PSV doesn't suffer the same fate, i don't think the 3DS will be able to compete.
no matter how many remakes nintendo gives to the fanboys.

adamshinoda said:
2) Nintendo innovated with shoulder buttons. Everyone copied this, but Sony added 2.
2) Nintendo added analogue. Sony blatantly copied this, but added 2 cause they felt that 2 analogues sticks in the wrong place were better than one in the right place.

4) Nintendo creates the first successful and competely reliable wireless game controller based on radio (RF) technology as (wavebird) as opposed to the touch and go infra-red. Everyone copies this and go's with Blue tooth radio technology.
4) Nintendo add's motion sensing. Sony copies this but there implemention appears to be inferior, possibly because of patent issues but also because when Nintedo revealed, Sony didn't have enough time to research an implemenation that would be cheap enough to manufacture in time for launch.
nintendo didn't invent shoulder buttons or analog controls.
and the PS1/2/3 (dualshock) controllers have been called some of the best controllers ever. what do you mean, "two analog sticks in the wrong place?"
the wavebird wasn't exactly successful, nor was it the first wireless controller. it was just the first first-party one.

you're basically saying nintendo comes up with things, and others improve them or just simply do them better.
i see nothing wrong with this.
tongue.gif

purplesludge

anyone have any ideas for this space
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
adamshinoda said:

AlanJohn said:
Sometimes I think that sony is a troll.
+1
I made a post awhile back disproving all this with sources. I am too lazy to do it again but wow the fanboy/trolling in your post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.phonearena.com/phones/compare/Samsung-Galaxy-S22+,Google-Pixel-8a/phones/11762,12219...