Homebrew Sonic mania port to wii u

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
(Forgot I have a gbatemp acc lmfao)

So yeah I made the Sonic Mania Wii U Forwarders (the ones posted by Marcus777)
If you got any suggestions, I'll consider adding them (or explain why I can't add 'em for some)
Suggssions, I’d be interested in forwarders for Sonic 1/2/CD for the Wii U, preferably if they include the .rpx files within.

NinStar

Ny'hrarr ♂
Trophies
Website
ninstar.carrd.co
XP
Country
Brazil
Finished all blue spheres stages with a perfect score for the first time, something I never did on my Steam copy.

300820686_6108132065868023_5232270677124140585_n.jpg

Rayz0rum

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Suggssions, I’d be interested in forwarders for Sonic 1/2/CD for the Wii U
On it!
preferably if they include the .rpx files within.
The reason I won't do that is due to being easier to update (from my end cause I don't have to compile everytime a new version comes and from your end cause you don't have to go delete your old WUP to install the new one).

Reactions: tehtemp and niuus

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
Finished all blue spheres stages with a perfect score for the first time, something I never did on my Steam copy.

300820686_6108132065868023_5232270677124140585_n.jpg
Congratulations, for me Blue Sphere is the best and easiest part in the game I always complete them gold before I even complete one save file or cllect all the chaos emeralds, I’ve created a complete save for the Wii U, PS Vita, and 3DS versions already (along with the official versions I have on Switch and PS4) I was thinking to share them but figured nobody would be interested anyway lol.

niuus

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Finished the game with all the emeralds while on 0.4. Going to enjoy Encore mode on 0.5, i'm now free from the clutches of the gamepad with this new release. :yayps3:

tehtemp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So yeah I made the Sonic Mania Wii U Forwarders (the ones posted by Marcus777)
If you got any suggestions, I'll consider adding them (or explain why I can't add 'em for some)
Just tested your Sonic Mania Plus forwarder, Rayz0rum and it works well! One minor issue is I also have the Ship of Harkinian forwarder installed and on the Wii U Menu, the name of the Ship of Harkinian forwarder also changed to "Sonic Mania Plus". I just checked the meta.xml file for your forwarder and it looks like you're using the same "product_code" as SoH - WUP-P-SOHK. I changed the product_code of your forwarder to something else and that seemed to fix things with the SoH name. Just a FYI.

Rayz0rum

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just tested your Sonic Mania Plus forwarder, Rayz0rum and it works well!
Happy to know that!
t looks like you're using the same "product_code" as SoH - WUP-P-SOHK. I changed the product_code of your forwarder to something else and that seemed to fix things with the SoH name. Just a FYI.
Uh oh, forgot to change that! XD

(can you give me the product code you changed it to?)

Marcus777

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
where are the links for the forwarder, and the rpx for hbl? any updates for them or this is it? like to keep an eye out on their githubs to replace files?
If you check above you'll see I posted the forwarders, and in the rest of the thread there is already information about where you can find pretty much everything you search

Th3L3g3nd123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you check above you'll see I posted the forwarders, and in the rest of the thread there is already information about where you can find pretty much everything you search
yup found them, thank you! Also, question for the mods, they will have to be the pc mods correct? Can it load multiple mods at the same time?

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
With the release of Aroma, it seems like making installable forwarders will no longer be necessary,
Only for people who are using Aroma. A number of people will just sick with what they know.

Last edited by AmandaRose,
Reactions: Lostbhoy

NinStar

Ny'hrarr ♂
Trophies
Website
ninstar.carrd.co
XP
Country
Brazil
Decided to pack my own installers so you can launch the game directly from the Wii U Menu, it is based on the latest release by the time I'm editing this post.

TV & GamePad
mania_vanilla_tv-png.324625

mania_vanilla_gamepad-png.324627

Icon
mania_vanilla_icon-png.324626

Boot sound: Ring

TV & GamePad
mania_plus_tv-png.324631

mania_plus_gamepad-png.324630

Icon
mania_plus_icon-png.324629

Boot sound: Chaos Emerald + Ring (Inspired by Generations 3DS)

Choosing one is just a matter of which design you prefer, to enable Mania Plus you have to follow the instructions mentioned here: https://github.com/Clownacy/Sonic-Mania-Decompilation/releases/tag/v0.3, the Data.rsdk goes on sd:/RSDK/v5/Data.rsdk.

I'll be updating this post whenever a new release is out.
Added WUHB for Aroma users.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/PRMX5mX-hvs?si=JdjNrndYJ7PelC7q