Sonic Mania Plus update accidentally leaked

IMG_7537.JPG

Though the DLC of Mighty and Ray isn't available until later this Summer, it looks like someone over at SEGA made a big mistake, as today, owners of Sonic Mania on PlayStation 4 received an odd update. This accidental update went out to players, giving us a look at some new features early before the Mania Plus content actually releases. The content found will be put in a spoiler tag below, and spoilers in comments may be likely, so continue with caution, if you care.

You can now use insta shield and the peel out outside of no save mode
  • There are new stage transitions. Flying Battery's is an homage to the 8bit Sonic 2
  • Some special stages have been edited slightly in terms of difficulty
  • There is "encore" DLC
  • New difficulty option

Transition for lava reef

Transition for Titanic Monarch

IMG_7536.JPG

Screenshots and leaked info come from Sonic Stadium. More information will be added if anything else is found.

RedoLane

Supreme Punmaster
Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
What do you mean protection?
(Sorry, English isn't my strongest language).
Think of it like how you negotiate between 2 different people.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I got a mistery update in switch too. But didnt open the game.
Really? Seems strange for an update to be "accidentally" launched on 2 different platforms.

JPnintendo

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
(Sorry, English isn't my strongest language).
Think of it like how you negotiate between 2 different people.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Really? Seems strange for an update to be "accidentally" launched on 2 different platforms.
I will check the game now..

D

Deleted User

I hate leaks. They ruin the surprise of the upcoming updates and kills the hype for it.

Doesn't stop me from looking at them though! :ph34r:

Reactions: elBenyo

RedoLane

Supreme Punmaster
Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
I was allowed to share one leaked video of the new content, but other than that, my mouth must stay sealed.
Glad I found someone who uploaded it to youtube.
Here you go guys! you've been spoiler warned :)

Quick note: This might or might not be a part of Encore Mode, as far as I can tell.

Last edited by RedoLane,
Reactions: Deleted User

FateForWindows

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Contrary to popular belief this is NOT actually Mania Plus. It's a major update to Mania that'll likely be releasing alongside the Plus DLC.

CeeDee

fuckin dork
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Contrary to popular belief this is NOT actually Mania Plus. It's a major update to Mania that'll likely be releasing alongside the Plus DLC.
Yup- but the DLC menu in game does make it seem it's likely to be alongside Mania Plus, making "Mania Plus update" technically correct.

D

Deleted User

The fact that they'll be adding proper zone transitions for every level in the game, on top of new bosses and features, is honestly great. Kudos to Whitehead and his team for continuing support for the game.

That said, I'm a bit worried how mod support will fare with this new update. As someone who was at least somewhat active in the modding scene, it'd be a real shame if all current mods were rendered incompatible with this new update, due to possible changes in each level's binary and the issues this might cause with entities.

CeeDee

fuckin dork
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That said, I'm a bit worried how mod support will fare with this new update. As someone who was at least somewhat active in the modding scene, it'd be a real shame if all current mods were rendered incompatible with this new update, due to possible changes in each level's binary and the issues this might cause with entities.
It's definitely possible but I doubt it's intentional.

RedoLane

Supreme Punmaster
Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
I can't share what content included in Encore Mode.
HOWEVER, if you are true classic sonic fans who loved the classics to death, I recommend getting every DLC which will be available :)
Whitehead and his team DID listen to everyone's feedback, and that's why some stuff will improve the standalone Sonic Mania experience.
In my opinion, when it'll be enough polished, this might be the complete Sonic Mania game.
Sadly my volunteering contract ends around June, so I might not be involved in their future plans.

Last edited by RedoLane,
Reactions: jimmyj and shaunj66

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4N-3vv4kzdk