Sonic Mania Plus update accidentally leaked

IMG_7537.JPG

Though the DLC of Mighty and Ray isn't available until later this Summer, it looks like someone over at SEGA made a big mistake, as today, owners of Sonic Mania on PlayStation 4 received an odd update. This accidental update went out to players, giving us a look at some new features early before the Mania Plus content actually releases. The content found will be put in a spoiler tag below, and spoilers in comments may be likely, so continue with caution, if you care.

You can now use insta shield and the peel out outside of no save mode
  • There are new stage transitions. Flying Battery's is an homage to the 8bit Sonic 2
  • Some special stages have been edited slightly in terms of difficulty
  • There is "encore" DLC
  • New difficulty option

Transition for lava reef

Transition for Titanic Monarch

IMG_7536.JPG

Screenshots and leaked info come from Sonic Stadium. More information will be added if anything else is found.

RustInPeace

Samurai Cop
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Though the DLC of Mighty and Ray isn't available until later this Summer, it looks like someone over at SEGA made a big mistake, as today, owners of Sonic Mania on PlayStation 4 received an odd update. This accidental update went out to players, giving us a look at some new features early before the Mania Plus content actually releases. The content found will be put in a spoiler tag below, and spoilers in comments may be likely, so continue with caution, if you care.

You can now use insta shield and the peel out outside of no save mode
  • There are new stage transitions. Flying Battery's is an homage to the 8bit Sonic 2
  • Some special stages have been edited slightly in terms of difficulty
  • There is "encore" DLC
View attachment 120693

Screenshots and leaked info come from Sonic Stadium. More information will be added if anything else is found.

Is it still being distributed? My PS4 is collecting dust in the closet. I don't want to waste time hooking it up just to find the update being pulled.

shaunj66

GBAtemp Administrator
Administrator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Without spoilers, there are full level transitions; new bosses; new menu options; enhanced difficulty for bosses when playing as Knuckles and Tails even has a CP1 megamack animation :P

From watching a stream it really looks like a "complete" version of Mania - everything seems so much more polished and refined.

RedoLane

Supreme Punmaster
Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
Gee, even though it's fun to beta test it, some stupid guy had to leak everything.
Quite a few beta testers and other workers were questioned about it immediately when it was leaked, and I was one of them.
So annoying...

Last edited by RedoLane,
Reactions: Taffy

Raverrevolution

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wait so if I have automatic game updates on and my PS4 in rest mode then there's a good chance I got this pushed through? Can they take it away after it's been applied?

shaunj66

GBAtemp Administrator
Administrator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Wait so if I have automatic game updates on and my PS4 in rest mode then there's a good chance I got this pushed through? Can they take it away after it's been applied?
There's a decent chance if your machine pulled the update down while it was up. It's possible it was a regional roll out though so who knows? Let us know.

Mine didn't :glare:

Reactions: Subtle Demise
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If it's been applied, they can just push another update to patch the game back to how it was. If you have the update and wanna keep it, don't allow the game to update.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

We don't have access, yet we were still questioned since we are involved.
Other than that, I don't really know what's happening there anymore ._.
Sounds like typical Sega behavior.

Reactions: TeamScriptKiddies

shaunj66

GBAtemp Administrator
Administrator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Get ready for a delay announcement. :creep:
Well technically, the main additions for Mania Plus were said to be Mighty, Ray and Encore mode. The changes made available in this patch 1.04 seem to just be general enhancements & QOL changes with a new DLC option in the menu that offers Mighty, Ray and Encore mode for download/purchase (obviously they are unavailable).

So maybe 1.04 will roll out to everyone and Mania Plus will be unlocked via physical disc release or purchase of the DLC. Maybe it will even roll out prior to Mania Plus release date?

Reactions: CeeDee

RedoLane

Supreme Punmaster
Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
Well technically, the main additions for Mania Plus were said to be Mighty, Ray and Encore mode. The changes made available in this patch 1.04 seem to just be general enhancements & QOL changes with a new DLC option in the menu that offers Mighty, Ray and Encore mode for download/purchase (obviously they are unavailable).

So maybe 1.04 will roll out to everyone and Mania Plus will be unlocked via physical disc release or purchase of the DLC. Maybe it will even roll out prior to Mania Plus release date?

For now, your indication might be the closest I can think of.
All the leaked content has been already available for beta testing, but there's still a lot of progress to do until Summer, lots of polishing too.
We are also testing the content which is already announced for Mania Plus, but I'm not allowed to know what are their plans when it comes to updates and any publishing.
Until SEGA themselves provide their statement, please take any source of information with a grain of salt.

Reactions: Taffy and shaunj66

jimmyj

Official founder of altariaism. Copyright jimmyj
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Gee, even though it's fun to beta test it, some stupid guy had to leak everything.
Quite a few beta testers and other workers were questioned about it immediately when it was leaked, and I was one of them.
So annoying...
Can I be a tester or not? How can I become one?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Good night