Sonic Mania Plus announced

sonic_mania_plus.jpg

Today at SXSW Gaming, SEGA have announced what previous rumours have speculated - Sonic Mania Plus is coming this Summer 2018 as a physical release with an exclusive 32-page art book.

Sonic Mania Plus will feature 2 new playable characters - Mighty (last playable appearance in Knuckles' Chaotix (1995)) & Ray (last playable appearance in the arcade title SegaSonic the Hedgehog (1993)).

Features:
  • Mighty the Armadillo & Ray the flying squirrel as playable characters
  • Holographic slip cover
  • Reversible Genesis/Mega-Drive style cover art
  • New "Encore" game-mode
  • 4-player competition mode
  • Exclusive 32-page art book
Sonic Mania Plus will release this summer for $29.99.

:arrow: Source: SXSW Livestream

dimmidice

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Weirdly, the rumors of a new Sonic racing game were proven correct, but in the livestream they said "this is not a sequel to any other Sonic Racing games" so it's not Sonic R 2 or All Star Racing 3. But afaik Sumo Digital (SASR devs) will be working on this new game, as claimed by Eurogamer.
If it's by the same devs i hope it's a spiritual successor at least. Me and my brother have really enjoyed SASRT Ty chary!

Last edited by dimmidice,
Reactions: Chary

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Weirdly, the rumors of a new Sonic racing game were proven correct, but in the livestream they said "this is not a sequel to any other Sonic Racing games" so it's not Sonic R 2 or All Star Racing 3. But afaik Sumo Digital (SASR devs) will be working on this new game, as claimed by Eurogamer.
I did wonder why this didn't get its own thread. I know it isn't going to be, but Mario Kart X Sonic Racing would be amazing.

RedoLane

Supreme Punmaster
Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
I'm not holding my breath until official word tbh

Confirmed: Project Plus is a test branch for the steam version of Sonic Mania, which supposedly includes all Plus content at their current state(pre-beta).
In a nutshell, that's the W.I.P Plus data.
I can confirm that because I did beta testing for the base game last year, and until I renewed my contract today(volunteering only), the access for that test branch was denied.
Also yes, digital version owners may purchase all Plus content as a DLC update for a much more cheaper price than the physical version.

Onibi

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Always with the delayed physical copies. By now I actually don't buy games because a physical copy could come out. I am heavily annoyed. I hope they don't make a plus (but actually a minus) with this crappy taktik and change it. But I am sure they don't due to double sales by fans ...

Last edited by Onibi,

Bonestorm

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Always with the delayed physical copies. By now I actually don't buy games because a physical copy could come out. I am heavily annoyed. I hope they don't make a plus (but actually a minus) with this crappy taktik and change it, but I am sure they don't ...
Small games like this come out digital first and if they sell well and are successful get printed on disc, it actually makes sense.

Onibi

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Small games like this come out digital first and if they sell well and are successful get printed on disc, it actually makes sense.

How do you know if it would sell well physically, if people like me don't buy it?
How do you know you will get good sales of a physical copy after a digital release?

To me the concept is flawed and deeply annoying to fans. And I don't just mean now. More and more people will be reluctant to buy into a game due to this taktik, and the whole measurement of whether or not the game should be released will become troubling.

Last edited by Onibi,

osaka35

Instructional Designer
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
got the digital version, so on the fence about this one. might pick it up to show support or for a friend to borrow.

how *does* dlc work with digital/physical games if you own both? does dlc get added to the console and play with the digital version? or just whichever version you originally bought it with?

shadow1w2

Still here.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I find the physical release at discount I might just grab it on the cheap just to have it but really wish I could just buy a box with a DLC code to go with the PC version.
I just want the collectables.
Wonder if they'll make a "Plus Plus" version next year heh.
Really hope the DLC for digital purchases won't be over priced.

Last edited by shadow1w2,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I liked the cameo the original cast did
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, I heard a member of the original cast died
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Rest of the plot was just average
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Egon was the best character
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    My favorite was the Key master in the first one, "Ok, who brought the dog?" - Rick Moranis
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Was way better than that ghostbusters: frozen in women power one
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It was kind of a passing the torch idea which I didn't hate finally
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    The old Ghostbuster video game was pretty good also, newer one is just ok.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Gotta be more specific nes one was garbage 360 was decent
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea 360/ps3 one I meant, I don't remember the Nes one tbh
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea I never played that one.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, me neither
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @K3Nv2 gotta be more specific, there were 2 on the NES and one of them was pretty decent
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Well it's probably the one youtube link I posted
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    deleted my newgrounds account
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    bc of shame
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You have shame?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, made a new one
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yawn
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, who would win
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Every character from HH/HB (hazbin hotel/helluva boss) VS Dante (devil may cry), Doom Guy (doom) and V1(ultrakill)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Fairly odd parents
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Fairly odd parents