Sonic Mania cheat codes uncovered

header.jpg

Those who saw Sonic Mania as the nostalgia-filled love letter to their childhoods might remember the days where Up Down Left Right or 19, 65, 09, 17 were keys to unlocking hidden secrets within the classic Sonic games. It appears that the 90s styled cheat codes have returned for Mania, as discovered by some players. If you start up a Mania Mode game, then enter Debug Mode, and hold Y/Square when selecting a no-save file, you can input the following in the Sound Test menu:

0 0 0 0 6 2 1 4 - Disables the Super theme music
9 0 0 1 - Gives Sonic the Drop Dash, Insta Shield, and Peel Out all at once
3 3 3 1 9 7 9 0 8 1 1 - Changes all freed animals into Squirrels
4 1 2 6 - Gives all Chaos Emeralds
1 9 9 2 1 1 2 4 - Gives you unlimited continues
2 0 1 8 0 6 2 3 - Forces gamemode into Encore Mode
2 0 1 7 0 8 1 5 - Lets you fly like Super Sonic in normal stages

All of these numbers reference certain special dates, as well. The unlimited continues code is the date of the EU release for Sonic 2, the Super Sonic Flight code is Mania's original release date, force Encore is Plus' release date, 4126 also gave you every emerald in Sonic 2, there's an over 9000 meme, and 1979 08 11 is Stealth's birthday.

:arrow: Source

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Probably better to get a decent game a year or two later, than getting a broken mess the same year the anniversary is in (*cough* Sonic '06 *cough*). :ph34r:
Well, it doesn't look like the delay helped Sonic Forces in any way, though…
It's like they didn't know the 25th anniversary is coming and couldn't start the development earlier?
I am unable to comment on games I have not yet played. So I won't talk about "Sonic 06" or "Sonic forces" :ninja:
But I do know that there has been plenty of games that was released in the year the anniversary takes place and was okay. People just seem too busy with other stuff at the time so it gets late popularity.

redunka

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
I am unable to comment on games I have not yet played. So I won't talk about "Sonic 06" or "Sonic forces" :ninja:
But I do know that there has been plenty of games that was released in the year the anniversary takes place and was okay. People just seem too busy with other stuff at the time so it gets late popularity.
I actually haven't played Forces myself either, so I also can't really talk about how good/bad it is.
As for Sonic 06, if you won't have high expectations for it, it may even be somewhat enjoyable (the music alone totally worth it!)
People are tend to exaggerate problems, so it's always the best to get your own experience and opinion. :)

TheMCNerd2017

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I actually discovered some of these cheats myself when playing random sounds in the sound test trying to find a combination that would unlock vaporwave mode(which was sadly scrapped because consoles can't slow down music for some reason).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @salazarcosplay, gta v is down since november 2021