Sonic Mania cheat codes uncovered

header.jpg

Those who saw Sonic Mania as the nostalgia-filled love letter to their childhoods might remember the days where Up Down Left Right or 19, 65, 09, 17 were keys to unlocking hidden secrets within the classic Sonic games. It appears that the 90s styled cheat codes have returned for Mania, as discovered by some players. If you start up a Mania Mode game, then enter Debug Mode, and hold Y/Square when selecting a no-save file, you can input the following in the Sound Test menu:

0 0 0 0 6 2 1 4 - Disables the Super theme music
9 0 0 1 - Gives Sonic the Drop Dash, Insta Shield, and Peel Out all at once
3 3 3 1 9 7 9 0 8 1 1 - Changes all freed animals into Squirrels
4 1 2 6 - Gives all Chaos Emeralds
1 9 9 2 1 1 2 4 - Gives you unlimited continues
2 0 1 8 0 6 2 3 - Forces gamemode into Encore Mode
2 0 1 7 0 8 1 5 - Lets you fly like Super Sonic in normal stages

All of these numbers reference certain special dates, as well. The unlimited continues code is the date of the EU release for Sonic 2, the Super Sonic Flight code is Mania's original release date, force Encore is Plus' release date, 4126 also gave you every emerald in Sonic 2, there's an over 9000 meme, and 1979 08 11 is Stealth's birthday.

:arrow: Source

slaphappygamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I remember the debug menu in sonic2. I hated and never tried a second time. I never did feel right cheating in games. This debug menu was very buggy as well. I’m glad that this has been included.

Now that I think about it (ntitai?), I did cheat at contra with the kanomi code. I justified that by beating it without cheats first. My personal best with 30lives is beat the game in 20minutes no continues.

Ericthegreat

Not New Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I remember the debug menu in sonic2. I hated and never tried a second time. I never did feel right cheating in games. This debug menu was very buggy as well. I’m glad that this has been included.

Now that I think about it (ntitai?), I did cheat at contra with the kanomi code. I justified that by beating it without cheats first. My personal best with 30lives is beat the game in 20minutes no continues.
I loved the debug menu >.>;

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It should also be mentioned that if you select a number on the sound test then select the blue sphere special stage while holding the same button you used to enter the level select, you can choose which one of the 32 stages from mania mode to play. (Though I dunno if there is a way to select a chaos emerald special stage but hope someone finds it too) :ninja:

MaxiBash

Your Local Random Internet Geek
Trophies
Website
trashbandatcootofficial.cardd.co
XP
Country
Netherlands
Aww, how cute!
2 0 1 7 0 8 1 5 is the release date of Sonic Mania!
Not sure what 2 0 1 8 0 6 2 3, what happend on 23/6/2018 for Sonic?
1 9 9 2 1 1 2 4 is the release date of Sonic 2!
and 4 1 2 6 is the same cheat code used in Sonic 2 to unlock all the chaos emeralds!

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I mean,
screw planes when you can https://imgur.com/a/blZWmXh

Reactions: Deleted User

RedoLane

Supreme Punmaster
Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
awww they discovered them too fast :( the team thought it'll be a great challenge for players to find them.
Also yeah, the master control code is a reference to DBZ(Over 9000!!)

Maximilious

Whistles a familiar tune
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
9 0 0 1 - Gives Sonic the Drop Dash, Insta Shield, and Peel Out all at once
Also yeah, the master control code is a reference to DBZ(Over 9000!!)

This is all I ever cared about in this game. I thought it was a little limiting only getting one type of power up. The DBZ reference actually does make sense too haha

awww they discovered them too fast :( the team thought it'll be a great challenge for players to find them.

I don't think it was too fast myself. I typically like playing around with cheat codes after I've beaten a game. Since it's been about 6 months since I've even booted it up, this seems the perfect time to try out Plus mode and the new unveiled cheats. :tpi:

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sonic's 27th anniversary? :P
Yeah, let's announce a game celebrating sonic's 25 anniversary, then release it a year later, and then release dlc for the game a year later again to celebrate 27 years. What is with companies celebrating their anniversaries by not releasing games "THE YEAR THE ANNIVERSARY IS IN" :blink:

Clean up the rabbit hole folks. :teach:

Reactions: redunka

redunka

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Yeah, let's announce a game celebrating sonic's 25 anniversary, then release it a year later, and then release dlc for the game a year later again to celebrate 27 years. What is with companies celebrating their anniversaries by not releasing games "THE YEAR THE ANNIVERSARY IS IN" :blink:

Clean up the rabbit hole folks. :teach:
Probably better to get a decent game a year or two later, than getting a broken mess the same year the anniversary is in (*cough* Sonic '06 *cough*). :ph34r:
Well, it doesn't look like the delay helped Sonic Forces in any way, though…
It's like they didn't know the 25th anniversary is coming and couldn't start the development earlier?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    I can't believe you got me with that
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I haven't been gaming for such a long time. Been mostly busy with sleep, hardware tinkering and checking GBAtemp frequently.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hope you've had a good morning.
    It's going alright thanks :) I know what you mean with gaming time. It's precious where I can get it these days.
    +1
    I think that's why I focus on just enjoying single player experiences that aren't too competitive
    How are you doing?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    There's also this thing where I'm hyperfocused at night and cannot get to sleep.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I'm doing alright, thanks.
    +1
    That must be rough. Productive I'm sure but hard to balance with daily life
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Indeed. I've been working on getting this Infecutus chip to work on my PS2. But after soldering, I realised that a plastic piece was missing from the power ribbon cable to the power and eject buttons.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Now I could go with soldering the contacts from the cable to the connector on the mobo, but doesn't sound like a good permanent solution.
    Man, that's beyond my brain :rofl: I'm no good with hardware for now. I'd like to get into hardmods in future though
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Maybe start practice soldering. Get a cheap-ass soldering iron and follow some good YouTube tutorials.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Least my experience has gotten better than over a decade ago. My iron would constantly bump into components and break them.
    Sounds good. I actually did soldering but like 16 years ago for school so uuuuh probably rusty haha
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Same here. I did soldering at school from a teacher who I honestly liked since he had plenty of good electronics experience.
    +1
    I wish I could play chess well
    +1
    Useless but a true art
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I had a friend who had a glass chess set for their birthday.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was like all clear and fancy. Tbf I'm not too experienced with chess, but would like to learn someday.
    That sounds really cool
    I know the basics but no strategy at all :rofl:
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: I know the basics but no strategy at all :rofl: