Gaming Sonic Lost World 3DS and Wii U footage

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Im not sure i share the same optermism as OP. Truthfully im not liking the layout, kinda looks like Mario 3d land and thats great for a normal platformer but im not seing ANY real oppertunity for the blistering fast speed levels that 3D sonic's are known for.

The IGN guys even talk about how the other 3D sonics had levels where you just went super fast and had very little control but it seems like the oppersite is true here, lots of control and platforming but no speed. Personally, i prefer the fast speed levels. Im all for platforming elements in the levels but the entire level shouldnt be like that, it should play a little like sonic unleashed. (just minus the rediculous transformed fighting) The platforming was good and it had a good mix with enough of the speed levels.

That's good that they slowed it down. When you were going too fast you'd come to an immediate stop because you hit something, or you die. Thank god they actually listened to fans. That was the only thing holding Sonic back was him going too fast. And now his games will be more playable.

ilman

Gbatemp's Official Noise Eraser
Trophies
XP
Country
Dimps is developing the 3DS version and i'm not sure whether i'm liking what I see so far level design wise compared to the Wii U version. Though i'm guessing it will look incredible with the 3D effect.

You sure Dimps is developing the 3DS version? I thought Sega put another team instead, hence the difference between this game and previous handheld Sonic games.

Giratina3

Official Lilac of GBATemp
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
You sure Dimps is developing the 3DS version? I thought Sega put another team instead, hence the difference between this game and previous handheld Sonic games.
Dimps is confirmed to be working on Sonic Lost World [3DS version]
A while back SEGA did not want them to do it, but I guess Dimps wanted to prove they COULD do the 3D handheld sonic experience... Well shucks... They sorta did and it looks great... My only gripe is.. It's not fully roaming like the Wii U, in that one you go upside down... in this it seems you cannot?

aur

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
That's good that they slowed it down. When you were going too fast you'd come to an immediate stop because you hit something, or you die. Thank god they actually listened to fans. That was the only thing holding Sonic back was him going too fast. And now his games will be more playable.

yeah, but the occasional free flowing speed run is definitely fun in quick bursts. my defining memory of sonic 1 was relatively considered platforming peppered with exhilarating dash sections

SSVAV

Lurker in space
Trophies
XP
Country
France
yeah, but the occasional free flowing speed run is definitely fun in quick bursts. my defining memory of sonic 1 was relatively considered platforming peppered with exhilarating dash sections

Did you not see the gameplay video? The "dashing" sections are present, look at the section in the first stage where Sonic goes through numbered rings, or the whole third stage. Plus spindashing is back, and can use it freely to boost your speed at any time, like when the player on the video uses it on the wall-running section at the end of the first stage to avoid falling down.

Lost World while slower does not mean less fun, I enjoy setting times in Generations, it is fun, but Sonic is a platformer game not a racing one.

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I honestly thought one of the 3DS vids was a Wii U vid at first! Kudos to the 3DS team, this game looks beautiful on both systems. interesting that the little colors aliens return (though there appear to be new powers from them), I liked a lot of those guys, but some of them were lame (namely the blue one to make the blue rings blocks and vise versa), so I'm hoping they got rid of the lame ones this time. I mean I still loved Colors with a passion, and I"m very happy to say that this game looks like it will get more of the same love from me... and then some!

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
...this looks disappointing, to be honest. Not in a rush to get a WiiU all of a sudden. I like the Parkour system, but other than that... meh. It's okay, I guess.

SSVAV

Lurker in space
Trophies
XP
Country
France
...this looks disappointing, to be honest. Not in a rush to get a WiiU all of a sudden. I like the Parkour system, but other than that... meh. It's okay, I guess.

We KNOW that you don't like the Wii U, nor platforming games. You've made that abundantly clear on many topics in this forum. I understand you just feel the need to come to and post your "this is bs" comment, but this is getting old. Also lol jk, since WHEN you were in a rush to get a WiiU? You despise the system because it doesn't have PC graphics anyway.

D

Deleted_171835

ifOR9zerq7qBz.gif

I'll wait for the reviews before purchasing it but damn, it actually looks pretty good.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
We KNOW that you don't like the Wii U, nor platforming games. You've made that abundantly clear on many topics in this forum. I understand you just feel the need to come to and post your "this is bs" comment, but this is getting old. Also lol jk, since WHEN you were in a rush to get a WiiU? You despise the system because it doesn't have PC graphics anyway.

Actually, I'm a long-term Sonic fan and I thoroughly enjoy plarformers. I just think this doesn't look like a fun Sonic game. Problem?

Moreover, I never explicitly said that I don't like the WiiU - I find it underpowered - two different things.

...joke's on you... I guess?

EDIT: To me, it simply doesn't look a whole lot like a Sonic game. A Mario Galaxy game, maybe - something of the sort, but not a Sonic game. The perspective's also a bit off for me - I'd prefer a simple "Adventure" style TPP game.

aur

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Did you not see the gameplay video? The "dashing" sections are present, look at the section in the first stage where Sonic goes through numbered rings, or the whole third stage. Plus spindashing is back, and can use it freely to boost your speed at any time, like when the player on the video uses it on the wall-running section at the end of the first stage to avoid falling down.

Lost World while slower does not mean less fun, I enjoy setting times in Generations, it is fun, but Sonic is a platformer game not a racing one.

didn't make myself clear, I'm in agreement! seems like a good blend of both :-)

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
That's probably a good thing seeing as how most 3D Sonic games are shit. ;)

That's like, your opinion, man. B-)

Thanks, but no thanks. I'm not planning on buying a Mario game under the guise of a Sonic game - this is definitely something I'll get waaay past WiiU's expiration date when it's dirt cheap. Sonic Adventure? I bought a Dreamcast solely for that game and it was my first retail disc for it (even though my Dreamcast is fully backup compatible), Sonic Adventure 2 Battle is easily one of my favourites on the Gamecube... this? Uhm... naw. I'll pass.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That sick boy yo
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I was hoping I could add a custom ROM to this fire HD 10 tablet but guess no one's made twrp available
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Root it? Lol
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    That shit is so locked down, tighter than a nun's ass
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Don't know if that's even possible for the firmware
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You can remove the bloat ware and ads easily but can't install a rom
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    20 some years later crash bandicoot still pisses me off
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Have you jail broke your ps4 yet?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I've been on since 9.0
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Are you gonna do your ps5 if the hack comes? Is there worries of bans, like the ps3
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Probably not I got cross play friends
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    By then I'll have some little mini pc anyway
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    only ps5 updated to latest firmware can go on psn, jailbroken ones just don't use psn or they risk getting flagged or banned, altho spouting profanity in online play alredy does that
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    Anyone dumb enough to get banned for spouting profanity deserves it.
  • Y @ YuseiFD:
    Then how come you do it and don't get banned ? or is it a question of getting caught doing it ?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    wtf is the point of banning swearing in games? that's utterly a dumb decision

the new generation playing MWII won't be as hardened as the previous one playing original MW2
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What's the point of video games? Kids playing video games won't be as hardened as the previous ones getting shoved down a hillside.
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    exactly my point
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    kids, yall are fucking pussies, grow some asshair before you even dare touch My Friend Peppa Pig or Mario's Early Years
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: kids, yall are fucking pussies, grow some asshair before you even dare touch My Friend Peppa Pig...