XP
Country
United States
Hello all
yaynds.gif

blank.gif
blank.gif
blank.gif
Sonic Chronicles: The Dark Brotherhood ends with "the end?" Is there going to be a sequel? I can't find good enough information about this game, and this cliffhanger is bugging me. I liked this game, and nothing I read says that they are going to release a second one, yet there is a story written for a new Sonic Chronicles. Is this being debated or something? I read some good reviews on it too, so I think there should be a new Sonic Chronicles, and if there is it should be harder to beat.

Maitosuklaa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I think it's pretty obvious Sega is going to milk this series for all it's worth as well. So yeah, a sequal is pretty much a done deal.

Posts merged

EDIT: What the hell? Did I lag out or something? Didn't mean to double post, sorry.

Edgedancer

Director of Moon based operations
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I think it is uncertain whether a sequal will come. It sold well (I think) but got less than stellar reviews. I honestly dont really mind as it is Bioware and they rock and since it is a different team that handles Mass Effect, there is no problems.

ShinRyouma

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
It's been one and a half years since the US release (09/30/08), I'm not sure there will be a sequel for Sonic Chronicles. But I'm expecting a sequel too because I like RPG
smile.gif

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bioware expressed interest in a sequel saying one is being developed, but i think it should just be killed if they don't improve anything. The first game ended up sucking rather badly, and i'm in doubt as to whether Bioware would be likely to take the complaints and learn from them. It's probably their worst game ever, a real stinker to me. I'd be sad if they continued what made the first so crappy. However, i'd give a sequel a chance if they spent more time polishing it and don't release it half finished feeling and cheap.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sonic_Chronicles#Sequel

Shame because i feel a Sonic RPG could possibly work, no stupider of an idea than Mario RPG. As it is though-

- laggy engine that makes moving annoying, add some platforming and a decent optimized engine
- horrible butchering of great old music, next time USE real composition from 3D blast
- bad fetch quests, at LEAST make them fun if you must include them
- ugly 3D graphics, i'd go the 2D route if you can't make decent looking models
- boring and drags on with no interest
- poor pacing and level progression (needs balance in combat)
- just a really poor presentation, feels like an early build that shouldn't have been released

Jothri

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ShinRyouma said:
It's been one and a half years since the US release (09/30/08), I'm not sure there will be a sequel for Sonic Chronicles. But I'm expecting a sequel too because I like RPG
smile.gif

I liked it too, but I guess it is remaining a cliffhanger.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @AncientBoi, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7jUWpmU-X8k