Sonic Boom announced for 3DS and Wii U

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
There is such a thing as exaggeration. While I like the concept art, the final model's torso is a little bit too big - kinda like an upside-down pear. What you're saying here is that swole'd body looks perfectly natural - it's just that it's twice as big as a normal one. ;O;

Related picture:
3tl4cf.jpg
I wasn't saying I thought it was a good thing, just that it surprised me how close it was to the old Knuckles considering how much it repels me. lol

BlackWizzard17

Don't worry Captin we'll buff out those scratches.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know but it looks kinda interesting I would give it a chance, It may look weird but what else are they gonna do, the same run through a stage side scrolling or going from point A to point B in a third person perspective runner.
If so then what's the point, it's just gonna be people saying the game sucks or it is repetitive like some mario games.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Pretty sure (I hope? :rofl2:) it's merely stylized for the sake of the cartoon. That being said, the concept art actually looks good - the in-game models are a tad exaggerated.
Erm...Sonic's legs are half the size of his character now. Then again, looking at his evolution, it follows the trend.

@developers: keep it up, guys! Only a few generations to go and Sonic can start dating Bayonetta. :P

Yeah, and Knuckles sure looks beefy. It's different, but I don't follow Sonic franchises enough to really care.

zeello

The reason we can't have nice things.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
massive improvement over generations/colors sonic. Sonic may be a bit too tall but at least they remembered to oh you know ANIMATE him and it seems they actually did a good job of it.

sonic reminds me of his sonic riders self. new shoes even.

art style and environments seem a little stereotypical. Looks like a non-Sonic plstformer such as jak series or crash, or some forgetten ps2 era platformer. I would have hated this trailer if Sega hadnt turned Sonic into plastic after 2006. Besides, its refreshing to see a Sonic game where Sonic isn't the only playable character. Really takes ya back doesn't it.

p.s. does it seem like Amy holding her hammy in a ready position gives away the fact a particular sonic game is western made.

LuckySteves

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I really like the look of it. It seems like a bit of a spiritual successor to sonic adventure 2, I hope they do something about the knuckles parts if it is. I found them to be dull with an extremely difficult to use radar and one level with a time limit that killed me so many times...

Awesome that Naughty Dog finally get to develop for Nintendo, I'm looking forward to the 3D on the 3DS as well.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I really like the look of it. It seems like a bit of a spiritual successor to sonic adventure 2, I hope they do something about the knuckles parts if it is. I found them to be dull with an extremely difficult to use radar and one level with a time limit that killed me so many times...

Awesome that Naughty Dog finally get to develop for Nintendo, I'm looking forward to the 3D on the 3DS as well.

Yeah, those Knuckles/Rouge levels sucked, I hope they don't make a return in this game. And I never thought I'd see the day that Naughty Dog devs would work for Nintendo, not that that's a bad thing though :D

DJ91990

Grookey Gang!
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Why did they use a Skrillex track for this?
The character models are ok, but what happened to Kunckles? Looks like he's been taking staroids lifting a ton of weights!
Most of the "gameplay" footage was cut-scenes and there was only a few seconds of actual gameplay footage.
Let's just hope this doesn't turn out like that other game not made in-house at SEGA, Sonic Dark Brotherhood.

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Why did they use a Skrillex track for this?
The character models are ok, but what happened to Kunckles? Looks like he's been taking staroids lifting a ton of weights!
Most of the "gameplay" footage was cut-scenes and there was only a few seconds of actual gameplay footage.
Let's just hope this doesn't turn out like that other game not made in-house at SEGA, Sonic Dark Brotherhood.
relevant
wtf_knux___knux_s_sonic_boom_design_____by_nkognz-d6oyenb.png

Reactions: DJ91990

CathyRina

Digimon Tamer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
well I looked at older vs New designs a little bit.
What if they just went through puberty?
I mean Knuckles looks more man mode like and Amy looks less childish and somewhat attractive.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://youtu.be/5eLWoy0fFkc?si=1vvQ_2zAUlF1ThoD