Sonic 3D Blast Director's Cut Released

Jon Burton, founder of Traveller's Tales and a leading figure behind many of its games, has just released a patch for Sonic 3D Blast (or Sonic 3D Flickies' Island, if you're living over in Europe) title "Sonic 3D Blast: Director's Cut." This patch includes multiple improvements over the original game, touting better controls, a world map, and Super Sonic, among other features.

Prior to release, Burton has documented the development of the patch for quite some time, originally announcing it in a 25,000 Subscribers video on his GameHut YouTube channel. Improvements to the game were announced as development gradually progressed.

The patch is available (in XDELTA format) on here. Do keep in mind that this is a patch, and does not contain any of the original ROM data.

Happy playing, and a big thanks to Jon Burton for making this all possible!

D

Deleted User

OP
Works on real hardware yeah?

I have pseudo saturn ready and waiting.
It should work on real hardware, but this patch is for the Genesis/Mega Drive version of the game. It won't work on the Saturn version.

Besides, I don't think Burton was even involved in the Saturn port of the game; a different team handled it IIRC.

Reactions: damiano2712

SANIC

GBATemp's Sonic Fan in Residence, 後
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It should work on real hardware, but this patch is for the Genesis/Mega Drive version of the game. It won't work on the Saturn version.

Besides, I don't think Burton was even involved in the Saturn port of the game; a different team handled it IIRC.
Yep a different studio handled it which is why he lacks a lot of stuff from that game like the FMV

Reactions: Deleted User

ClassyDragon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Yeah, he doesn't have access to the source code of the Saturn version unfortunately :(

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Ehrmmm...
i still prefer the Genesis version.
Prettier graphics don't do it for me if the OST is shit.

Sure the Saturn version might have fancier graphics and effects, but the OST of that version really drives me off from having real fun and enjoyment out of it.
Nothing compares to the upbeat and well composed OST of the Genesis version, that alone is a strong point to choose it over the Saturn one.

And now, let's add to that the fact that the DX version is out already for the Genesis version only...
Yeah, a definitive winner without a doubt ;)

Last edited by ShadowOne333,

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Now when you said " I did :P"

DO you mean
  1. I enjoyed playing it on my genesis
  2. I played it.... that's it
:unsure:
Past tense because:
  1. You said: "people actually enjoyed playing this game back in like 1996". Back in 1996 I enjoyed it.
  2. I am not playing it right now? :lol:
I still have my physical cartridge, though a friend of mine has my entire Genesis and the games, I might ask her for those little treasures of mine.

Garblant

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I didn't have that bad of a time with the version that got rereleased on steam, well besides the special stages. The special stages were extremely confusing to me...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: