Song covers you like

D

Deleted User

The song Chocolate is a good example for me of a Cover saving the Original.
Never liked the colour of the Original's vocals, so that feminine touch won me over.

Cover by D W N T W N

Original by The 1975

Reactions: Alexander1970

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Lmfao at little Jimmy doin Parklife... Tremendous!! :bow:
Also love how will i am is hating it.....

He is a knob he only ever turns for rap artists. I loved it when he accidentally turned a few years back to someone he would never have turned for and he was stuck with the shit singer for the next round :rofl2:

GammaPrime

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Backstreet Boys - No One Else Comes Close
At first, I didn't even know this was a cover, as I didn't hear the original version until after I heard this. Said original was done by R&B singer Joe only a couple years before BSB's version came out. Honestly, I would love to hear both artists perform this song together. Joe did do a song with *NSYNC that's really good, so why not do one with Backstreet.

Britney Spears - (I Can't Get No) Satisfaction
According to WatchMojo, this is one of the worst cover versions ever made. I disagree. Maybe I just have bad taste. *shrug*

En Vogue - Hooked on Your Love
I'm not too familiar with the Aretha Franklin original, but I always liked this version. It's faithful to the Motown sound of the original, which makes it kinda stand out on an early 90s R&B album like Funky Divas.

I'll have to come back and link these later since I'm still a New Member and can't post links yet.

GammaPrime

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
While posting on another thread, I just remembered another cover I like. Now that I can post links, I can actually link it.

*NSYNC - Just Got Paid
Maybe it's just another case of me hearing this version first, especially given my love of New Jack Swing. The original took a little getting used to. Even now, I try to sing *NSYNC's slightly altered lyrics when the original comes on.

FAST6191

Techromancer
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Another somewhat classical song done by a great many setup but I shall be kinder on your browser than my ghostriders in the sky post, and can still do a German band as the unofficial theme with the added bonus of it actually being the cover I like (had several options actually but that one I like best)
Son ar chistr
Alan Stivell's version, arguably the one that popularised it even if it is somewhat older still

Dutch version

alt version thereof

dArtagnan - Was wollen wir trinken

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol