Something's wrong with my Switch - SX OS 2.0/2.1 won't boot + ChoiDujour is just crashing :(

Discussion in 'Switch - Exploits, Custom Firmwares & Soft Mods' started by crimsonnight, Oct 13, 2018.

1. crimsonnight
    OP

crimsonnight GBAtemp Regular

Jan 9, 2008
    SX OS 1.9 runs no problem, but if I try 2.0/2.01/2.1 it just powers off after the splashscreen (using dongle and rcm jig). As I'm on FW 5.1.0 I thought I'd try upgrading to 6.0 via ChoiDujour to see if that would fix it, but ChoiDujour is crashing my console every time I try and open it (either via SX OS or hbmenu). I think something's not right somewhere on my system, please help me figure it out if you can! :unsure:

2. jakkal

jakkal GBAtemp Addict

Apr 27, 2018
    United States
    Try reformatting your microsdcard , redownload sx os with another PC or browser

3. crimsonnight
    OP

Jan 9, 2008
    Cheers, but I've tried that already :(

4. Kubas_inko

Kubas_inko "Something funny goes here."

Feb 3, 2017
    Czech Republic
    I gues on earth.
    1.9 still had the outdated LayerdFS, so you can't use choidujourNX on it.
    Do it in Atmosphere, Rainx or default CFW or in 2.0 and higher (which you apparently can't).

5. Reecey

Reecey Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)

Mar 7, 2010
    At Home :)
    Why don’t people update normally the chances of having warmboot anything above say firmware 4.1 is very remote and all firmwares above that works on cfw and no difference and if he’s using sx anyway I cannot see the point. Do it properly blow your fuses less risk of a ban! it’s not worth the trouble. If I thought I would be on to something better being originally on firmware 5.1 the rest blown I would of used “ChoiDujour” but it’s not going to happen and that’s why I have always updated normally ever since. Of course I’m forgetting sorry unless the guy is superbanned then I can understand..

Last edited by Reecey, Oct 14, 2018
  6. crimsonnight
    OP

Jan 9, 2008
    Thanks, I've now updated to 6.0 but am still getting the same issue when trying to run any version of SX OS above 1.9. Also, I've now installed auto-RCM but am just getting a black screen (even on 1.9) if I don't use the joycon-jig. :sad:

Last edited by crimsonnight, Oct 15, 2018
  7. andyhappypants

andyhappypants Pika!

Jul 27, 2012
    United Kingdom
    Hoenn
    Silly suggestion but have you tried a different SD card?

8. crimsonnight
    OP

Jan 9, 2008
    Yeah a couple, both work no problem with the 1.9 boot.dat file - my main card is a sandisk ultra 400GB

9. nintendolinky

nintendolinky GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 31, 2007
    So its your 400gb card that has the issue.

10. crimsonnight
    OP

Jan 9, 2008
    H
    Why don't I have any issues with 1.9 though? I've also run scans on the card and there are no issues. Also tried other cards I use with the Switch and I'm getting the same issue...

11. nintendolinky

nintendolinky GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 31, 2007
    the 400gb card could be exfat

12. crimsonnight
    OP

Jan 9, 2008
    Yeah all the cards are exfat (formatted through the switch), also the version of 6.0 I installed allows for exfat

13. crimsonnight
    OP

Jan 9, 2008
    *phone posted response twice - unsure how to delete*

Last edited by crimsonnight, Oct 15, 2018
  14. ZachyCatGames

ZachyCatGames GBAtemp Fan

Jun 19, 2018
    United States
    Exfat has corruption issues

15. crimsonnight
    OP

Jan 9, 2008
    Windows isn't picking up any corruption and I've had no issue with any games, aspects of the OS etc - but if I do need to format my card, what's the best way to restore all the nsps etc... virtually all 400GBs are nsp installs :(

16. ZachyCatGames

Jun 19, 2018
    United States
    If you ever need to reformat your card you can just copy all the files from the sd card to your computer, reformat the card, and copy the files back over

17. crimsonnight
    OP

Jan 9, 2008
    I tried that before when upgrading to a 400GB card and I had to re-download the games I purchased (which is no longer an option for me) :ohnoes:

18. ZachyCatGames

Jun 19, 2018
    United States
    That’s weird :/
    I did it a few days ago and it worked fine. When you did it did you copy everything?

19. crimsonnight
    OP

Jan 9, 2008
    Yep - it was a few months ago so I don't know if it's different now on later FW..

20. therysin

therysin Member

Newcomer
    Jul 31, 2018
    United States
    Your problem is probably that exFAT is disabled. Get a separate SD card and format it to FAT32 and drop your files (SX boot.dat etc) there (include choidujor and your current firmware). You should be able to boot from the fat32 card. Run choi and install your current firmware exFAT only.

Last edited by therysin, Oct 15, 2018
  21. ZachyCatGames

Jun 19, 2018
    United States
    They have the exfat driver

22. therysin

therysin Member

Newcomer
    Jul 31, 2018
    United States
    Damn, he'll probably have to restore his nand backup then (unless the problem really is his SD card)

Last edited by therysin, Oct 15, 2018