Homebrew Something's wrong my Home Screen on O3DS?

morrisonian

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Hey guys, so I made this thread and don't know if it's wrong here but all of the sudden I have all these scrambled icons, showing me something that's not highlighted and all my save files are corrupted. https://imgur.com/a/dHBFy

EDIT: I tried booting without the SD card, and it seems that all the apps are normal. I reinsert the SD and it scrambles them again. So, for sure the SD is wrong. It's a Trascend 16 GB Class 6 (the one my friend has) so, I'm assuming I should format it or what?

EDIT 2: Well, I think it's solved, just need to buy another SD card.

Last edited by morrisonian,

Roomsaver

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What the hell? lol First time I've ever seen something like that. Do you have CFW set up on it? I'd suggest restoring from a backup if you do. I'm honestly not sure what to do if CFW isn't set up. I'd call Ninty, I suppose.

morrisonian

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
What the hell? lol First time I've ever seen something like that. Do you have CFW set up on it? I'd suggest restoring from a backup if you do. I'm honestly not sure what to do if CFW isn't set up. I'd call Ninty, I suppose.
Well, truth be told, it's a friend's 3DS and she wanted me to see it. She says that every time she creates a game, the save files get corrupted and she doesn't know what's wrong with it. SO he gave it to me (I'm a noob but not that noob lol) so I could see what was wrong, but then this happened and I posted it here, if someone did know what to do. There's no CFW on it, it's OFW 11.0 O3DS.

Roomsaver

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, truth be told, it's a friend's 3DS and she wanted me to see it. She says that every time she creates a game, the save files get corrupted and she doesn't know what's wrong with it. SO he gave it to me (I'm a noob but not that noob lol) so I could see what was wrong, but then this happened and I posted it here, if someone did know what to do. There's no CFW on it, it's OFW 11.0 O3DS.
If you don't care about what's on it I'd try formatting it. Otherwise, if you can't get help here, call Ninty.

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's the sign of a dying/dead SD card. Data will start to randomly corrupt. My phone's SD did something similar where all of it's files corrupted before dying. I because it works fine without is also a definite sign that it's RIP SD card. Luckily SD card prices have dropped a bit recently, and you can pick up a 32GB SD for about $10 or less.

Reactions: morrisonian

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Get a new sd card, what you have now is dead..

That's the sign of a dying/dead SD card. Data will start to randomly corrupt. My phone's SD did something similar where all of it's files corrupted before dying. I because it works fine without is also a definite sign that it's RIP SD card. Luckily SD card prices have dropped a bit recently, and you can pick up a 32GB SD for about $10 or less.
i really dont think this problem has anything to do with the sd
@morrisonian did you try without the sd card and see if the stock apps show properly
edit: sorry did not see the edits in the op . . . lol

Last edited by wormdood,

Red9419

Trophies
XP
Country
i really dont think this problem has anything to do with the sd
@morrisonian did you try without the sd card and see if the stock apps show properly
He said in an edit that he got a new card and it fixed. Edit: didnt read the edit thourougly. Sorry
I dont really trust Transcend cards or equipment that much. Lost of cards and flash drives have died on me or corrupted.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: By the power of Florida Man, I have the power!!! *Lifts up meth pipe* Meth Man!!! lol