Hacking Something really weird happened to my ssbb

baseline007

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
hi all!

I just wanted everybody to know that something weird happened.. I have played ssbb-u before but i got semibricked because of its update.. i have also played ssbb-j. Yesterday, I tried out the VCs via WAD.. and that turned out quite well and I have them installed up until then.. Today, my cousins came over and wanted to play brawl, when I inserted my SSBB-U it asked for an update again. I was like whaaat?? how could this be? Didn't OK the update since im already semi-bricked because of SSBB-U before, and i started to get worried if i get bricked fully. Anyway, I tried inserting SSBB-J, it didnt ask for an update and we played that instead.

Can anyone help? Any ideas?

EDIT: Tested my other NTSC-U games w/o WBB.. it asks for an update again... I just remember I applied the duplicate channel remover v2.1. Since then, it asks for updates. Should I update? I think I have fw 3.1J_v2 from SSBB-J until i got semibricked because of SSBB-U.

ZeD

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
i have that prob.
what it is dup channel removers gets rid of the channels. This means the disc think it hasnt been updated.

The updates have something to do with those channels?

I just use the freeloader twice to avoid this

mwaddoups

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Just out of interest, does that mean you could use the dupe channel remover that isn't for your region, and fix a semi-brick by then inserting a jap disc (if you are semi-bricked with SSBB-U, like me and this guy?)

Prime

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
actually you can make it disable updates or run the update.

I had to run the NTSC update from brawl on my pal wii. No damage was done
tongue.gif

jan777

motion control..? srsly? so 2008. 3DS is teh bombz
Trophies
XP
Country
just retain those channels until you dont want to play SSBB anymore then delete it

jan777

motion control..? srsly? so 2008. 3DS is teh bombz
Trophies
XP
Country
i for one hasnt experienced any wii game with mario's game embedded on the cover

baseline007

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
janjo777 said:
just retain those channels until you dont want to play SSBB anymore then delete it

so your saying its safe to reupdate again? im worried about totally bricking my wii.. its already semi-bricked..
frown.gif

im planning on reburning the whole dual layer.. adding in some wbb and stuff..

EDIT: dont care if i get the dual channels again.. i could remove it if and when i dont wanna play ssbb, which is next to impossible.. hehehehe

prinzhernan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
-x1_0_nt- said:
actually you can make it disable updates or run the update.

I had to run the NTSC update from brawl on my pal wii. No damage was done
tongue.gif

How do you make the freeloader disable or run the update?

baseline007

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
fwik, freeloader skips the update and loads the game... this is what i did. i inserted the freeloader (burnt) dvd. the blur thing happened (which they say is normal) after the blur thingy took the disc out.. put in ssbb-u, went in the disc channel and poof! didnt ask for an update and the logo/banner of ssbb-u came out. clicked start to play and brawl away! lol..

hope this helps

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: The candy man can